My newest addition *Broken* Wood/Coal burner CI stove/heater

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

My newest addition *Broken* Wood/Coal burner CI stove/heater

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:55 am

I need to stay away from Ebay! :frightened:

Wanted to share pictures of my little friend...a Cast Iron stove/heater. It stands 19" with the handle down. It has a vent control under it where you empty the ashes. It's heavy and is believed to be a salesman sample but not sure. Should be receiving it by the end of next week.

It will be at the "Sweetheart Gathering" in February. Hopefully it will be cold enough to use it.
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Re: My newest addition - Wood/Coal burner CI stove/heater

Postby starleen2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:30 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:I need to stay away from Ebay! :frightened:
It will be at the "Sweetheart Gathering" in February. Hopefully it will be cold enough to use it.

Yes - you do! Interesting find :thinking:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Becca,

Those are very dangerous, You should probably give it to me for the gypsy trailer. :D Unique find :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Awww Stevie, I am so touched by your sincere concern for my safety, but I would feel so terrible if something should happen to your beautiful Lil Gypsy because of my unique little stove/heater so I'll just keep it.
;)
But thanks for the offer! :lol: See you in Feb.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Becca been looking online and that looks like a small "Caboose" wood burning heater. You can find several of the round cylinder style heaters but a lot of them are called "Parlor" heaters but most of them are very ornate. It looks really nice! Salesman samples are usually really small, my ex's mother collected some of them and they looked like bigger toy stoves. Enjoy it and if you look online there is an ehow cast iron heater seasoning article that might help.

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:14 pm

CliffinGA wrote:Becca been looking online and that looks like a small "Caboose" wood burning heater. You can find several of the round cylinder style heaters but a lot of them are called "Parlor" heaters but most of them are very ornate. It looks really nice! Salesman samples are usually really small, my ex's mother collected some of them and they looked like bigger toy stoves. Enjoy it and if you look online there is an ehow cast iron heater seasoning article that might help.

Cliff :thumbsup:

Thanks Cliff! I've seen others that were a little too ornate. I want to use this one for camping, especially those chilly, rainy nights when a campfire can't be used.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby H-Balm » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:11 pm

very awesome!
:thumbsup:
H-Balm
Teardrop Master

Postby Ratkity » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Amazing little find!!!

I swear, one day, I'll come up with something cool to impress y'all. Meanwhile, I shall just continue to be jealous and drool over such coolio toys.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks H-Balm!

Ratkity, I blame this forum for my wallet getting skinny. All these guys and gals showing off their cool little toys and inventions can drive a girl mad!

I think I need T&TTT intervention. :oops:

NOT! :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:07 pm

:lol: :lol:
Bahahahahaha.. asking for a TTT/TD intervention here is like asking a falling down drunk to help you get sober. *snort*

Ain't coming from me purdy lady. I shall continue to encourage your forays into the world of cast iron!!!!!

Besides, I saw this amazing oval CI pan that I don't need that would be nice to look for .....

*wanders off muttering things about lanterns and CI.....*

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Y'all are not going to believe this!

Remember my new little toy I just won on Ebay? My sweet little coal/wood burner stove/heater? Well, got it Friday...was soooo excited when I opened the box and pulled it out - until I stood it up and noticed the front left leg was broken off. Yep - broken off!

I looked in the box and it was sitting exactly where it should be, so it was broken off during shipment AND the side of the box had a hole in it where it looks like it was thrown around during shipment.

What I don't understand is what the word 'FRAGILE'means because it was written all over the freaking box!!!!!!!!!! :x

So, I contact the seller immediatly and he informs me that he insured the package and if I wasn't happy he would take it back. He also faxed me a copy of the insurance receipt. Well, I decided to see what would happen if I filed a claim with the United State Postal Service...so I did - Saturday.

Today...yes, today...I get an email response from the Claims Accounting Department stating that my claim has been reviewed and a check was cut on 10/11/10 and I should be receiving the full amount, including postage and insurance in 7-10 days! Whoa!! :o

So, I now own a 3 legged sweet little coal/wood burner stove/heater for free - - - F.R.E.E.
And the best part . . . I can fix that broken leg. :)

Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Awww about the leg, yay about the insurance and you being able to fix it!!

I've still not found anything cool CI for me yet. I didn't know it, but my favorite in-house aluminum dutch oven is a Wagner. It makes the best baked beans and has a tight fitting lid. I'll take pictures if ya want.

I think I'm about to delve into the CI cookware with an 8" pan (an old Wagner).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

That's a nice stove you got there. I think you should design a Teardrop or a Tiny Travel Trailer around it. You could blaze a path for all of us!!! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Mightydog » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:30 pm

CliffinGA wrote:...small "Caboose" wood burning heater.

What if you have a big caboose like mine?

That's a nice find! A little welding and that leg will be as good a new!
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Ratkity, post some pics of your Wagner and any CI you get. :thumbsup:

Mike, I wish I had the carpenter skills to build anything cause' I love tools! It still amazes me when I watch the guys and gals with their builds on here. I applaud them for their skills. :applause:

My little heater will be used just to hang around at the campsite. One thing that I noticed about it is that it's not solid cast iron - it's metal and cast iron. I'm gonna "blaze" it up as soon as it cools off at night again. Gotta fix that leg first.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Cast Iron