waffle dog recipe ideas....

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

waffle dog recipe ideas....

Postby doug hodder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Many of us have done the regular hot dog thing, or breakfast sausages...whether it be waffle batter or corn bread batter....but here's one to try.

Use the mozzarella string cheese in those little packages...get it up to room temp+ (warm up in water)...corn bread batter makes a great monstrous cheese stick, a low, longer heat works better at least it did for me, melts the cheese better....dip in some marinara sauce. Holding sticks aren't required when cooking. Maybe add some green chiles/jalapeno's and dip in salsa....

I've found that when you open the dogger and it's not ready, the batter can stick on the iron....just close it and cook it some more....it's hard to get one to stick once it's cooked enough, that aluminum casting is great for non stick. Cheese will however tend to stick, so make sure it's well centered. Try cheddar or ham with cheese....choices are endless.... I put a splash of oil in the corn meal batter. Just an idea.....Doug :twisted:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bobhenry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:29 am

I would think any type of cheese could be rolled into the center of those shaved packaged meats that come in beef , turkey , chicken, ham , or corned beef. Add the combo's with swiss, colby,chedder, mozzarella, and a blended taco mix as your cheese selections and you would have some very intereting combinations. Just roll 3-4 slices of the shaved meats with 3-4 tablespoons of the selected cheese shreds to about a hot dog size and start cookin'.

Now I've done it better get breakfast started !

:campfire:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Cast Iron