New cast

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

New cast

Postby Joamon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:51 pm

So I went to this estate sale a month or so ago and I came home with four pieces. A chicken fryer, a small frying pan, a lid that doesn't seem to fit anything, and a small pot. Might be a bean pot. This bean pot is 8 inches across, and 3 inches high. On the bottom it says 2 quarts and made in the USA. I have never seen one of these before and wonder if it should have a lid. It cleaned up well and today I was looking for a reason to use it. I came home from the store with a muffin mix so I thought I would give it a try.

So have any of you seen a pot like this?
What would you use it for?

Thanks Keith
Joamon
Teardrop Master

Postby ironhead » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Looks like Lodge to me :thinking: food looks good as well
ironhead
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobhenry » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 am

If I had it I would do just what you did use it for baking. Hot bread , rolls , cakes what ever. Try a 10" lodge camp oven lid on it and see if it fits. If so, you will have a great camp oven just add a old gas stove burner grate under it in leiu of the legs and you could be cookin' over coals.

Here is my favorite flat bottom chicken frier. It accepts a 10" lodge coal lid . It is setting on an old tossed out gas stove burner grate ready to fire up! ( I know not in the house :roll: )

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Cast Iron