SCORE---or why I can't go camping this weekend.

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Postby sagebrush » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm

:thinking: I'm thinking that a 12" by 3/8"? drill bit or a carbide burr in a die grinder could take of that hole problem in no time! :thumbsup: Wish we had BPS in this area, cuz I NEED one of them!
Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Joamon wrote:What kind of stuff would one cook in such a small oven?

I bought a small one like that several years ago, made by Tex Sport. I wanted a small, D.O. to take on a canoe trip to the Current River in Missouri and this worked great!! I cooked small breakfast casseroles in the morning and made pizzas at night.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 pm

WarPony wrote:
Joamon wrote:What kind of stuff would one cook in such a small oven?

I bought a small one like that several years ago, made by Tex Sport. I wanted a small, D.O. to take on a canoe trip to the Current River in Missouri and this worked great!! I cooked small breakfast casseroles in the morning and made pizzas at night.

Jeff

How'd you like the Current River? A dear friend of mine from Louisiana has lived on the river for almost 14 years and says it's Heaven! He kayaks it a couple of times a week. He lives in a town called Dexter.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:How'd you like the Current River?

I love that river!! It's long, cold and has lots of natural caves and springs to explore!! A buddy and I did an 89-mile trip several years ago and it is the best canoeing trip I've done, to date. Took us four days to do and 6 cases of beer.......... :beer: !! Nyuck, nyuck!!

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby girlcop » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Oh the days on the Currant River. My grandparents lived in Doniphan, MO. Brian and I are both from the St Louis area. We used to float the Huzzzah (sp?) too.
Thanks,
Angie
girlcop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gary and Cheri » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Miriam,

I put a drill bit, just alittle bigger than the lid lifter, into my drill press and found that putting a hole into the tab was real easy. Cast Iron drills real nice. Because of the lip on the top you can't get a straight shot at the tab, so I drilled from one side and then flipped it over and ran the drill through from the other side. It makes for a nice looking elongated hole. Now I'm all set to test it out.

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:12 pm

girlcop wrote:Oh the days on the Currant River. My grandparents lived in Doniphan, MO. Brian and I are both from the St Louis area. We used to float the Huzzzah (sp?) too.

Angie, I meant to ask you if you'd floated it when I heard you mention you were from MO (at the camp gathering in Feb.). I've never been to that river but I plan to one day. I've never heard anything other than favorable about it.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:53 pm

The lid doesn't weigh much. I pick it up by the edges with an oven mitt or two. Don't need no stinkin hole!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Vices

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Cast iron, Coleman, stoves and lanterns, Goodwill, vintage camping gear, I suffer from all these vices and them some. I am an estate sale aholic, and have bouts of Garage sale itis. I do not think there is a cure.
Just rub a little salve on it. My Children will have a lot of crap to dispose of when I croak!! :lol:
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Cast Iron