Wagner Waffle Maker

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Wagner Waffle Maker

Postby honeask » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

I saw a Wagner Waffle maker today and wondered if anyone knew anything about it. It is cast iron, looks to be maybe 9 inch by 9 inch square and open on the bottom. It waffle grid comes off in a hinged type setup with a wooden handle (I think). On the bottom side of the waffle grid it says Wagner on it. Looks like it came from outside as it has rust on it, would need a good treatment for sure. Any info you can give me, i know there must be a coupe of experts here. I took a picture with my Iphone but not good about posting here, I need to go to posting school.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:30 am

Hi Sandy, Does the waffle iron looks like this?

It must have the stand to be usable. Either a tall or short stand will work. They need to be cleaned and seasoned well before using. To get the wood handles off place the iron on the stove and heat the iron and carefully unscrew the wood handle. DO NOT force it. If you break off the handle you have a nice boat anchor left.
The value depends on condition. Anywhere from 20 or less for a total project to 50-70 for a seasoned ready to go one.
They are a lot of fun so if you are up for a project, go for it.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby honeask » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am

OK, now looking at your picture, the top of the waffle grid was missing. I thought that was an odd way to make a waffle but now I see, it was just incomplete. Also the handle was not wooden but the curled metal handle. Would not be a good buy with the top part missing. Thanks.
Sandy

The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:13 am

I would not buy it at all. The base is all that might have any value. But I would pass and look for a complete one.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby honeask » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah, was not really looking to buy it unless someone told me I was crazy stupid for not getting it. :? . I was happy to walk away with the little 5" Cabela DO for $8.00.
Sandy

honeask
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:58 pm

No, you made the right choice....Just keep looking you'll find a waffle iron.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron