Wagner Griddle

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Wagner Griddle

Postby Martini » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm not really a cast iron junkie, in fact the only iron I used to own was a Lodge Dutch Oven. My Mother and Grandmother both had Wagner cast iron griddles and I have no idea how many pancakes cooked on these griddles I ate growing up. My Sister ended up with both of them and I haven't given much thought to it until I saw one in her cabinet looking unused. Well she didn't need two and I didn't have any so I scored one of them. I can't say for sure if this was my Moms or Grandmothers but I don't think it makes any difference.

I tried to get a picture of the marking on the back but it was challenging.

I used a sharpie that made the marks stand out a little better. I'm sure these are pretty common but I don't know it they used different marks for different years or not.

So far I've not felt the need to look for any yard sales or check out ebay looking for more but who knows I just doubled my whole collection.

:lol:
Martini
Teardrop Builder

Postby bc toys » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 am

you are right it does not matter it still has the memories you enjoyed. now make so flap jacks for you kids so they can have those memories also.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ironhead » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Pretty good bet it was your grandmothers griddle Circa 1930's- 1950's :thumbsup: Judging by the tear drop handle style. What size is it? 7,8,9,or 10
ironhead
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cast Iron