how long to cook a dutch owen dinner on a stove insideahouse

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Re: how long to cook a dutch owen dinner on a stove insideah

Postby slowcowboy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:56 pm

do was lined with tin foil only one spot was on covered like a small area.

and we had lots and lots of hot coals under it and was replenshing it thinking the breeze was cooling them down.

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Break out the power tools!

Postby Vernacular » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 am

Greetings:

I once reconditioned a couple cast-iron frying pans that one of my camping buds bought at a yard sale. Whoever owned them was told not to wash them and took it seriously. There was years -- probably decades -- of crap baked on them, but I got it off. I used my Dremel tool and my drill press and various bits and grinding wheels and implements of destruction. Got down to the bare metal and re-seasoned both pans. I use one of them every time we camp.

Just don't move from hot to cold (or vice-versa) rapidly or it will crack, and try to avoid banging on it with anything. A chisel is OK but no hammer.

My final tip -- develop a following among young campers that you can then draft for clean-up duties! I never met a teenager that wouldn't "work for food."

Good luck and happy cobblering,
Vern
Vernacular
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cast Iron