Parchment liners

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Parchment liners

Postby Reddiver » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 pm

I have never used the liners. I am going to do a pineapple upside down cake.. Seems it would make it really easy to lift out of D.O. Has anybody tried it? I have never used liners are they any good.?
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Re: Parchment liners

Postby Betsey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I use parchment for most of my DO baking. I don't buy the parchment liners. As I use parchment at home, it is much cheaper for me to buy it in either sheets (U Bake sells large sheets rolled up) or buy the roll & cut them to fit my DOs. However, if you don't do a lot of DO baking, the box of liners may be a better deal for you.

It does make baking clean up much faster and is handy to lift things like rolls out of the oven.

Betsey
8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 pm

I use parchment paper for much of my baking because it makes removing the baked goods from the pan so much easier.

I wouldn't spring for premade liners, I'd just get a roll of baking parchment at the grocery and cut and fold it to the needed shape.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Zollinger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Because of the high sugar content I would use parchment paper. Keep a real close eye on the temp. while making a pineapple upside down cake. I have tried several and always end up burning the sugar to the bottom of the DO. Took me forever to clean it out.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:24 am

Zollinger wrote:Because of the high sugar content I would use parchment paper. Keep a real close eye on the temp. while making a pineapple upside down cake. I have tried several and always end up burning the sugar to the bottom of the DO. Took me forever to clean it out.

Just because you have the liner most folks think there is no need to oil the pot itsself. In my training seminar we touched on this. Oil the pot to keep the parchment from cooking to the pot then oil the parchment ( this is where I love the spray oil) to help release the food stuff especially baked goods. Your cleaning problems are all but completely elininated and no stuck paper or food.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Cast Iron