Got My Waffle Dog Yesterday

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Got My Waffle Dog Yesterday

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Received my waffle dog that I scored on ebay and it is mint condition, and it's ready for me to try different recipes on the wife, myself and most important the grandkids. I gave her a good 2 hour boil last night to make sure it was good and clean and can't wait to perfect or find a batter for it that we all like. Image Image Image
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Re: Got My Waffle Dog Yesterday

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Good for you! Those are hard to find. Enjoy!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:41 pm

If you like the waffles at motels, you can buy the Golden Malted mix, but it is pricey. I posted a recipe for graham cracker waffles in the recipe section a while back. Doug Hodder turned me on to using both the waffle iron and the 'dogger to cook canned cinnamon rolls. Someone else suggested using blueberry muffin batter instead of waffle batter with sausage (very tasty, too). If you can think of it, you can do it. The adventure is just beginning. :thumbsup:
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:59 pm

wagondude wrote:If you like the waffles at motels, you can buy the Golden Malted mix, but it is pricey. I posted a recipe for graham cracker waffles in the recipe section a while back. Doug Hodder turned me on to using both the waffle iron and the 'dogger to cook canned cinnamon rolls. Someone else suggested using blueberry muffin batter instead of waffle batter with sausage (very tasty, too). If you can think of it, you can do it. The adventure is just beginning. :thumbsup:

Oohhh I'm sure I'll be trying a little bit of everything because I like to experiment, and I also like to eat! I'm already thinking the sausage, bacon thing with waffle batter and maybe even some Linguica corn dogs. I like the cinnamon roll idea too. Thanks for the ideas.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Don't overload it! You should be able to close it easily without all the fixin's running out! If it takes vice grips to hold it close as 1 particular waffle dogger has done...(Dean) it's a bit much! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:52 pm

doug hodder wrote:Don't overload it! You should be able to close it easily without all the fixin's running out! If it takes vice grips to hold it close as 1 particular waffle dogger has done...(Dean) it's a bit much! Doug
LoL! Doug .. Itried it out on the wife yesterday with link sausage in waffle mix, I found out after the first run that it takes very little mix to keep it all inside the waffle dog. They were very good and hoping to experiment making corn dogs for the grandkids this weekend
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 pm

For a corn dog...get the 10 count hot dogs. Not enough room on them with the larger ones. The batter won't give a thick enough coating. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:40 pm

:D that is one beautiful waffle dog iron, in mint condition--let me know when you are ready to get patched in to the AWDA.
You can check out the video of Dean's (OCIC) waffle dog recipe if you click on the black pot icon below and go to the recipe for it.
Enjoy your new "food toy"!
Joanie
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Well as of Yesterday we too have graduated to the next step in camp cooking. :oops:
Bought a "Waffle Dog Iron " on ebay!
So the next time we are across the line we will pick it up! ;)
Look forward to learning from the pro's at the IRG this summer. :twisted:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Vedette wrote:Well as of Yesterday we too have graduated to the next step in camp cooking. :oops:
Bought a "Waffle Dog Iron " on ebay!
So the next time we are across the line we will pick it up! ;)
Look forward to learning from the pro's at the IRG this summer. :twisted:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Congrats Vedette, I'm still learning with mine but will soon be a "Master Waffle Dogger"
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron