Outside Cooking

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Outside Cooking

Postby HMK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 pm

These ol' summer days make it tough to cook inside an RV and besides, everything taste better cooked outdoors. This recipe is from Dean & Jonie. Every recipe they post you can count on being great. This dish is called pigs in a cornfield. My version is not quite as elaborate as what Dean puts together in his video, but the pot was licked clean anyhow. I think Dean uses several types of peppers in his. I just used Bell & a seasoning called "Slap your Momma" basically it's just salt, black pepper, red pepper and garlic. There's really no wrong way to make it. For the sausage you can use Cajun, Polish, Czech, Hot Links or anything else you like. Not a whole lot of prep work other than chopping your potatoes, onions, bell peppers and celery. As for the Cream of "whatever" soup, use what you like. I like Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Poblano and Fiesta Cheese soup or sometimes I just use the Cheddar Cheese soup. Also, Dean uses some type of breakfast sausage, but that type gives me indigestion sometimes, so It just depends on how I'm feeling. I think you can go by the pictures, but if you cook by "exact" measurements, look up "pigs in a cornfield" on YouTube. Or just give me a shout. I used 2 cans of soup in my 10, if I'm using my 12, I'll use 3.

Ok here we go.

Pigs in a Cornfield

HMK
Teardrop Master

Re: Outside Cooking

Postby Sparksalot » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:09 pm

that looks delicious.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron