Shasta Lake Gathering April 23-26, 2020

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: Shasta Lake Gathering April 23-26, 2020

Postby ELM » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:50 pm

Barbara and I won't be coming either. :( Not worth taking a chance.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:14 pm

:( It is now officially cancelled. This is from Romi:

Hi Campers. It is with much sadness in our hearts that we are canceling this years Shasta Lake Gathering. Both Cathy and I hope you are doing well and following the shelter in place orders. Staying home could save your life or the life of someone you love. I talked with Antlers Campgrounds yesterday and they let me know that they will issue our group a credit towards next years gathering which will be April 23-24-25th 2021. If you made a reservation for this years gathering, please call Antlers at 530-238-2322 and reserve your spot for next year so that your credit will be issued. We are grateful to them for working with us on this. Make sure you tell them you're with the teardrop gathering so they credit you for this years reservation. Most of the group will be in the lower loop, so you may want to request to be there too.
Cathy and I were thinking that a fun thing we could all do to unify our group is to camp in our driveways on the weekend of the gathering this year. Silly we know, but getting into the spirit of things. Send us a picture of you camping out and we will post it. Remember it is not what happens to you in this life, it is how you react to it. To lets choose to be silly and fun. We are campers right!? We go with the flow!
Until we all camp together again stay healthy and safe.

S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CaptKidd » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Just got word from Antler's my reservation has been changed to next year. I will be coming in on Thursday. Site 16 same as the last several years.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dguff » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Stopped by Antlers on Wed to check on hold over reservation from last year. Still good and scheduled for April 23 to 25 2021.
Lake is way down but the campground is open. Hope to see as many teardroppers as ever. We have both been vaccinated but will practice social distancing.

Jerome :thumbsup:
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:53 pm

From Teardroppers of Jefferson state website:

Hello fellow Teardroppers of Jefferson! We are excited to finally be able to update you on the status of this year’s Shasta Lake Gathering and the good news is, it is ON! Socially distanced life has highlighted the importance of getting outdoors and we all know teardropping is one of the best ways to do that!

Our 2021 gathering will take place as usual at Antler’s Resort on beautiful Lake Shasta from April 22-25 with some modifications. If you had reservations last year, you were probably contacted about rolling them over to this year. If not, no problem! . Please book your reservation with Antler’s Resort directly at 530-238-2322 or http://www.antlersrvpark.com/ They are charging $12-15/night depending on whether or not you have hook-ups. Make sure you tell them you're with the teardrop gathering so they give you the special rate. Most of the group will be in the lower loop, so you may want to request to be there too.

Here are some COVID specific modifications:

We will not be organizing any group activities. There will not be evening potlucks or socials. Hopefully, they will return in 2022.

Mask wearing in public areas is strongly encouraged; this allows us to enjoy our event instead of cancelling.

What happens at your own campsite stays at your campsite, lol! Smaller groups who feel comfortable socializing together can certainly do so.

Wandering and checking out each other's rigs is part of the teardrop experience and will certainly happen. However, be respectful of each others' level of comfort. Wear your masks and keep your distance.

With these modifications in place, it looks to be a safe and awesome start to a more normal camping experience for 2021!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Jefferson State