Looking to caravan to the Glyphs....

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby sunny16 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Moki,
I'm planning on leaving Thursday morning, if I go. That way I get there early afternoon if all goes well. I haven't thought of the food stuff yet. I will start thinking of a pot luck though. Let me know what you have planned.
Sound like it is going to be a fun camp.
Sunny16
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby 4123 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 am

Golly. I wish we could go. :(
School will be back in session and Olga has to work. :cry:
~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Bryan, I have been thinking about maybe pre-cooking some ribs in the DO on the stove at home and finishing them off in the Bar-B-Que at the camp site, I think I can get enough spare ribs for a pretty big crowd, or I might think about baby backs, less fat.
Darn Ron, I was hoping you were going to come, I would like someone to pick up some obsidien, up there around Burns, OR. So we could make points,(arrowheads) I have some rock but it has been out of the ground for a few years and is hard to work, but if you can't make it,we will make do. Jim G 8)
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Gee Jim G,
Wish I could go too...
I'd love to get a lesson at making points.
Had a friend show me using antlers...
I was real good at ruining the antlers and making tons of glass chips on my shop floor.
Was able to get one point completed, but it didn't look like no arrowhead... More like a directional arrow. :oops:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Kayperkay » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 pm

I will bring the Obsidien.. :applause: .I just picked up a piece last month at Glass Mountain in Northern California :twisted: Kayperkay
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Tks Kayperkay, sounds like you may be a knapper. Hey Dean, chips are always a problem. You need to lay down a tarp and use it to catch the chips, so an archalogist coming along doesn't think he has found a chipping ground, or at home one may get beat over the head with a broom. Jim G. :oops:
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Can someone tell me?

Postby Kayperkay » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Are we staying at the Hickison Petroglyph campground 20 miles east of Austin? I have been looking the place up and there seems to be some real cool sights along the way. 8)
Kay
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby nevadatear » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:43 pm

:D thats the place.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby traveler » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh boy, it looks like I am not going to be able to bring the diesel due the unavalability of a part that HAS to be on the truck to be safe. :x So it looks like I will either have to bring the coupe or the Jeep. My Dakota only gets 12 miles per gallon so don't want to spend the whole trip stopping at gas stations. The Jeep get the second best and would love to bring it. And it has cruise control. Can carry more, plus the puppy, so guess I will bring it. Have two new additions to the tear and am going to try them out for the first time this weekend. I hope that they will do what is expected or I just wasted about four hundred dollars and ruined the galley, so I hope everything works out like expected.
Jerry, what time is planned to meet at Mt. Shasta :thinking: ?? Will want to leave here in plenty of time to meet up with you guys and not make you wait. It is about 186 miles from here to Mt Shasta. Should take me about 3 1/2 hours.
Bruce :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:03 am

traveler wrote:... It is about 186 miles from here to Mt Shasta. Should take me about 3 1/2 hours ... :)

Jeeezze, Bruce!

If'n that Jeep can't do better'n 53 MPH, yer gonna have one helluva time keepin' up with us once we hit Nevada ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Kayperkay » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:13 am

I'm seriously thinking about driving to Burney or Old Station on Wednesday and meet up with all of you there on Thursday....I just don't think my back can take that long of a drive in 1 day.
Jerry, thank you sooooo much for offering to lead me the whole way but I really need to do it in 2 days....so can we meet up at Old Station? Or if you really want to go the Lakeview way...I can probably hook up with Grant and Kevin. I will do just fine traveling thru Oregon and Northern Cal by myself...I'm just a little worried about driving thru Nevada alone.

Kay
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 am

Grant,
Won't be able to keep up with your sleek little auto, but it WILL do alot better than 53 mph. So I will have to make it in 2 1/2 hours. 74 mph is more that the little postal Jeep likes, but will see. :thumbsup: Sound like a plan?????
See you there

Kay, aren't you going to bring your puppy with you? You won't be alone, your buddy will be with you
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby High Desert » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am

wish I could follow you folks out to the gathering but it appears life is getting in the way again. BUT, I can offer anyone passing through the Reno area support if needed in the way of helping with busted parts or needing a place to rest or whatever else may come up. Got a shop full of tools and lots of parking space. We live a few miles off 395 north of town. Just shoot me a PM if anyone would like my number.

Have fun everyone :thumbsup:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Kayperkay » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey Bruce....No I'm leaving the dog home this trip. She needs to learn a little more before we try that again... :worship: I'm looking forward to just enjoying myself with no responsibilities! 8) 8) 8)
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Kay

Wish I could trust someone around here to look after Ebony, but the last time I gave the responsibility to someone, when I came home, she didn't have any water and those persons where on a camping trip, :x so I didn't know the last time that she ate, so will have to bring her along not that I would leave her home, but she would through a fit if I did. :cry:
traveler
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State