1st Jefferson State Chapter Rondevous

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

1st Jefferson State Chapter Rondevous

Postby traveler » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:26 am

Is everyone ready for some fun this weekend?????? Lots of events to be enjoyed so come and meet new people :shake hands: and have a great time. We are going to do our best to keep all from getting restless, so come and find out how we do that.
See you there
Bruce :applause: :clapping hands: :ok: :thumbs up1: :Flippin Burger:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Gaston » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Bruce
loading the Cruiser and Snusier this afternoon and leaving the Portland area (Gaston) about 10 am tomorrow Going to take the scenic down 99 so see ya in the afternoon looking forward to a good time :applause: :thumbsup:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

JS Rendezvous!

Postby triker45 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Hey Bruce! How are you doing? Don't think I've seen you since Utah. Trike and TD loaded. Will see you bebore noon on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everybody. Jerry :) :thumbsup:
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby dhazard » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Hope all of you have a safe and fun weekend, I will be thinking about you while I am slaving away. :cry:
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

great gathering

Postby Gaston » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Wow I can't believe it!! am I really going to be the first to post on the the really great bunch of people and how nice it was to be with them all at the 1st Jefferson State gathering? come on you'all I'm not even from the Jefferson State area. I hope some one will post pic's.
Well if you didn't make it you missed some good fishing (ask Guy) fair entertainment (thanks to Jerry not putting down his tongue jack) and a 3 day BS session thanks to everyone, and the best waffles you never ate!.
For a first there were a few gliches but nothing to distract from having a good time. and if the park makes the promised improvements AND its held there next year , it will only get better.
A round of applause please for Ken & Eunice for a great job :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby triker45 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:27 pm

John pretty much covered it although he could have left the tongue jack part out. It was a great time, great people, great weather and great food. A great big thanks to Ken and Eunice for the time and effort that went into the gathering. They did a fantastic job. Donna and I had a really good time and this is one of those gatherings that goes on the do not miss list. A relaxed time and a fun time. Looking forward to next year. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:51 pm

thanks everyone. have to thank Grant for all his help. If you all had not been there it wouldnt have matter what Kenny and I did. It was you that made the gathering a success! Kenny and I had a great time. It was relaxed and easy going. I received some bad news Sunday so I am going to be a little slow getting the pictures on here. but they are coming....
checked out lake selmac on the way home. Kenny and I agree that if ALL the gatherings where held there it would be OK by us. It is PERFECT. there is GRASS no dirt. NICE showers and restrooms and plenty of room.
waiting to here from those who checked out eastern Oregon for the September gathering.
I have learned to never promise waffles until I check the pantry!!!!
more to come later.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Still by Applegate Lake

Postby Guy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Dear Al,

I am still in the vicinity. I am actually staying in California which is just south of the southern tip of Applegate Lake, on a creek called Elliot's Creek. It is beautiful, free, and getting my limit (John,my legal limit since it is CA) There is a little store at Hart-tish boat ramp and it actually has free WIFi, and good worms.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rmclarke » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:32 am

Can't wait to see the pics. I really wanted to make this gathering (even tho my ttt isn't done yet) but had prior commitments :(

keneunice wrote:checked out lake selmac on the way home. Kenny and I agree that if ALL the gatherings where held there it would be OK by us. It is PERFECT. there is GRASS no dirt. NICE showers and restrooms and plenty of room.

Lake Selmac would be great! My wife's family has had their family reunions there for years. Nice little lake (some record bass have been taken there in the past) It has a nice big group camp area and lots of stuff to do closeby if you're so inclined (jetboats in Grants Pass, the Oregon caves, etc..)

oh, yeah, and I only live about 70 miles from there :D 8)

Best regards,
Richard
"When a hammer is the only tool you own, every problem begins to look like a nail..."

ImageFrom this: Image to this: Image Finally!!
rmclarke
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 am

oops..............
Last edited by Eunice on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Re: Lake Selmac

Postby Eunice » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:35 am

We would reserve the Mallard Loop at Lake Selmac. We were impressed. It is off the lake shore but just a short walk to the water. I will be calling to get prices

It is a great place for kites and bikes too
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby triker45 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Lake Selmac sounds great to me(20 miles from home).As Richard said there is great fishing, boat rentals, canoeing and kayaking. There are quite a few different campsites around the lake. I hadn't even thought of it before and I live here. Must be one of those back yard things. I think everyone would really like it. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Jerry the ranger showed us the Mallard Loop. We can reserve the whole thing. I think it would be perfect.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Return to Jefferson State