FATHERS DAY WEEKEND..PHOTOS POSTED

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

FATHERS DAY WEEKEND..PHOTOS POSTED

Postby Eunice » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:35 pm

lOCATION IS CONFIRMED! June 19th through the 21st, 2009. We will be at a really beautiful spot called Chinquapin near the Oregon Caves. it is about 10 miles from Cave Junction on the Caves Highway.
We will park on the grass. There is water and one nice pit toliet. Dogs welcome on a leash.
We will NOT be able to have the tow vehicles on the grass. It will be like IRG2 and we will use a dolly to push the trailers in place.
This is a really pretty spot. It is large enough that there will be plenty of space.
We are borrowing from the boys scouts and using the Leave No Trace motto. We are able to put the trailers on the grass by special permisson. This is a tent site only so it is important that we take care of the campground.
It is going to be $10 per trailer for the entire weekend. There will be a potluck on Saturday night. Registration forms will be on Grants destination page. Hope to see you there!
Sorry having trouble with the picture. Will post it later
The campground is about 1/4 mile past the Greyback campground on the left. There isnt a sign. the JSC banner will be hanging on the gate. it will be easy to find.
Last edited by Eunice on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Chinquapin campground

Postby Eunice » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:45 pm

here is a shot of the campground
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Gaston » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi Eunice
Looking forward to the gathering. I really like that you are posting before photos, that is before the bulldozers and gravel trucks :? :?
just kidding
Leaving for Mexico in the Teardrop Jan 9 for the great Mexican west coast adventure. come on along ;)
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Oh how I wish we could go with you! Kenny of course has work. He would miss me if I left teeheehee :lol: no really Rocky couldnt survive without Rosey and no way would I take both of them!
Have a great trip.
I promise no bulldozer this time. It has a paved parking lot and this is the TENT area. You will like it.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Fathers Day Weekend

Postby 4123 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Here is a Google Earth Image of where the Jefferson State Fathers Day Weekend Gathering will be. That road running from left to right in the lower half of the image is Oregon State Highway 46 -or- "Caves Highway" as it is known locally. Caves Highway starts in the town of Cave Junction and ends at the Oregon Caves National Monument. (A great place to see, by the way...Its about 8 miles from the gathering site)
Cave Junction is located on US 199 Halfway between Interstate 5 at Grants Pass, Oregon and US 101 at Crescent City, California

http://teardrops.us/userfiles/591/Jeffe ... hering.jpg
~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Thu May 21, 2009 10:41 am

only one month to go! start packing your bags! Get your registration form in the mail.
yes I am aware that it says $25 and also $10. it is a typo
It is a bargin at only $10 for the entire weekend. Hope to see you there...
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Eunice » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 am

Ken&Eunice wrote:only one month to go! start packing your bags! Get your registration form in the mail.

If you are worried that I wont recieve your registration in time just do a PM or email me that you are coming and I will have forms at the gathering. :thumbsup:
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Eunice » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 am

Ken&Eunice wrote:
Ken&Eunice wrote:only one month to go! start packing your bags! Get your registration form in the mail.

If you are worried that I wont recieve your registration in time just do a PM or email me that you are coming and I will have forms at the gathering. :thumbsup:

At this point DO NOT mail a registration form. just show up and sign up at the gathering. If everyone makes it we may have around 20 tears. Weather is suppose to be around 70 so this is going to be a great weekend. See you there
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:50 am

Well it is over and done. Most should be home by now. A few were taking time and going to a TOW event later on.
we had a really nice time. Great people, good food, so-so weather. :D I was sooooooo glad to pull in and find that the beautiful grassy field had not been bull dozed over (yes last year was mentioned more than once) I received a wonderful antique cow bell that I used with gusto!
I will post pictures with details later. Gotta go unpack!
Those that werent able to attend....please know that you missed a great Jefferson State gathering.
Thanks to all that did attend. It was wonderful! :applause: :applause:
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby triker45 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Want to thank Ken and Eunice for putting on a great gathering. Donna and I had a great time. Chatted with old friends and met quite a few new ones. The weather could have been a little warmer but this time of year it can get really hot so I'll take the cool over the hot. It was a fun weekend and I think I ate to much. Thanks for the t-shirt delivery. Jerry, Donna and Sassy
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 am

JUST FOR FUN :D
WHERE IS SHARON HEISLEY :twisted:
go to the group photo and see if you can find Sharon.

hint: look on the right
working the camera took all of Kennys attention! Not sure if Sharon was trying to hide but we sure did miss getting her in the photo! :cry:
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:40 am

That's just too funny! You can barely see me! TeeHeeHee!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby dguff » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Ken&Eunice wrote:Well it is over and done. Most should be home by now. A few were taking time and going to a TOW event later on.
we had a really nice time. Great people, good food, so-so weather. :D I was sooooooo glad to pull in and find that the beautiful grassy field had not been bull dozed over (yes last year was mentioned more than once) I received a wonderful antique cow bell that I used with gusto!
I will post pictures with details later. Gotta go unpack!
Those that werent able to attend....please know that you missed a great Jefferson State gathering.
Thanks to all that did attend. It was wonderful! :applause: :applause:

Looks like a great turnout! And it looks like the usual good food and friends. Sorry I missed it but Father's Day is almost always going to be a conflict for me. :thumbsup:

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 am

Looks like a great turnout! And it looks like the usual good food and friends. Sorry I missed it but Father's Day is almost always going to be a conflict for me. :thumbsup:

Jerome[/quote]

We missed having you there. Picking any date is going to be a problem for someone. :? We just had to pick one. BUT all fathers now have one year to let their wishes be known. Tell them you want to go camping! If you are visiting your father, bring him along! ;) Seriously I know that we cant make every gathering every time. There will always be something that comes up. Hopefully most of us can make it most of the time.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Next

Return to Jefferson State