Completed convertible TD, all comments welcome

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby traveler » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:26 pm

John, I am going to borrow a 1000 watt generator for the glyphs gathering and see how that works. I have a 5 watt solar panel and have been using it for keeping the battery charged. It will handle the lights and my radio, but that is about all . I have four TV,s that I pull the tear with, and they all have a charging unit from the TV to the tear, so I will be able to keep the battery charged till I get to a gathering.
Love your crazy idea, :thumbsup: now the only thing is, where are you going to find wind all the time??? Thought about that for my home, :thinking: but a little larger wind turbine.
Are you going to be able to go to the Austin NV gathering on Sept 18th, 19th and 20th??? If so, will see you there. I will be in a Postal Jeep, brown with white wheels.
Bruce :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 pm

John
I have a 14 ft trailer frame and I am going to try to do the same thing that you did but leave the tear on the trailer all the time. I will have some room in the front and back to carry what I need. Have all winter to do this and so will maybe bring it to the 17th Dam Gathering. Also bought a 14 ft two axel TTT next store from me and there is another project for my winter excitment. The trailer, of which I never noticed what make it is, but will find out, that would be nice if I knew what make it is, will keep me busy on it's out side, the inside is real nice and doesn't need too much work. Just some cleaning will do.
Bruce :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:39 am

Image Love the td. The whole thing is just Beautiful. I am not real clear on how you have the side brackets hooked on though. Looks like if it jacked to the ground it would be campable without the trailer......... Great build! :beautiful: :woohoo:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: Completed convertible TD, all comments welcome

Postby campmaster-k » Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Remarkable! :thumbsup:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Glad to see that you brought this one back to the top of the build journals, Kirk.
(Well, it isn't in with the build journals; but, it should be, even though it isn't a build thread!)
It truly is a marvel and a beauty. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Junkboy999 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Man that is truly a nice looking rig and a clever idea. Since I joined the forums, I’ve seen a few newbies express the exact same interest of having a part time tear and part time trailer. My self being one of them, but I did not see any good examples of it being done. I did not take the time to read newbie intro logs back as far as 2009 but I did read the build threads. I think the thread should be moved in to the build jurnalis area.( at least for reference ) He has not been on in almost 3 years and probably forgot where he places the thread anyhow.

Beside how many of the world wide users would see it in the gather section of the forums and how many other would look for great ideas in a section for a non existing state. When I think of Jefferson all I see is George, Louise moving up to a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Mike Move this thred. :lol: ha hahah
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon May 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Great job! I like seeing people figure out different ways to do thinks. Well done! :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Billinthedesert » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 am

Bump for a fabulous tear.
Billinthedesert
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Jefferson State