Gearing Up For IRG3.0...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Eunice » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 am

S. Heisley wrote:Okay...The last four postings went totally over my head and, from the read of things, I think I'm glad of it. :roll:

I agree with you Sharon. Very glad to see Teardrop Nanny (Joanie) step in with guidelines. I have noticed a couple of threads going in a direction that I prefer not to read
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 am

IRG3.0 is SOLD OUT...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Full up

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 pm

:R Yep, we've reached the County maximum for the event. Dean and I are sure glad, and have appreciated all the support and enthusiasm for the IRG. For those of you who sent a SASE with your registration, I'll be sending you out a letter with information, and gate code, by the end of May.

The construction on HWY 101 @ HWY 36 is actually ahead of schedule, but the intersection is still on a detour route. Watch yourself along that part of the corridor as the speed limit is less, NOT freeway, and CHP (Highway patrol) are regularly monitoring that turn-off....I personally believe it is a tricky one and I've commuted that route for 30 years now...so just be careful!!

I went back again to the grove and see that they were digging holes to put benches back around the campfire pit. I'll give you another update after May 13th. I rented that day for my class to come for their forest ecosystem study and class potluck. I have a small class, 19 kids, and we get the whole place to ourselves!!! What a treat....I've been doing this field trip for about 25 years now and the kids really LOVE it. For those of you who have been there you'll know why it is still possible to WOW 'em.

Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby traveler » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Joanie boy are u lucky, the whole by urself, and no teadrops. :applause: hope u have fun, but when the time comes, i will be there with my trailer and Ebony. :thumbsup: she is looking forward to another swim in the river.
See u there. :SG
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby darnis » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:IRG3.0 is SOLD OUT...

Bummer! We just found out today it was sold out. :cry: We read about it in another thread and were gearing that as the deadline to finish our first TD. Thinking positive, went to register. :(

Awww, well, it would have been close anyway, we're just picking up the frame tomorrow. We'll set another deadline - maybe the First Annual Summer Event Mountain Get-Away in Mountain Center, CA in Aug.

We'll learn as we go. We're just about as new at this as we can get. :lol: For the record, though, how fast did the IRG fill up? I mean, I see by Apr. 11th, but when did it go on sale? Should we like register for next year? :D

We're looking forward to going up on May 1st and checking out everyone's trailers at the Dam gathering, anyway.
darnis
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm

darnis wrote:Bummer! We just found out today it was sold out. :cry: We read about it in another thread and were gearing that as the deadline to finish our first TD. Thinking positive, went to register. :(

Dean or Joanie would know, but you may be able to camp at the park next door. It's not that far down the street, you could come over and check out everybody's trailers.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:10 pm

asianflava wrote: Dean or Joanie would know, but you may be able to camp at the park next door. It's not that far down the street, you could come over and check out everybody's trailers.
Yep Swimmers would be good and it's just a short walk. Oh, and the next IRG won't be for two years (It's every other year) and registration/sign up doesn't open until the first week of January the year it will be held.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Who knows....some people may drop out for whatever reason. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby nevadatear » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 pm

We will let you know as soon as we know, but there is the possibilty we may need to drop out :thumbdown: Our daughter is pregnant and due the 19th. So, we will wait and see... First baby for them so who knows?
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby mercy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 am

take her for long walks, followed by really spicy foods, starting one month out... 8)

we should get our hineys in gear for the dam gathering, now that i'm thinking about it.
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby darnis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 am

nevadatear wrote:We will let you know as soon as we know, but there is the possibilty we may need to drop out :thumbdown: Our daughter is pregnant and due the 19th. So, we will wait and see... First baby for them so who knows?

Thanx much. Appreciate it, but would hate to see you have to miss it. Of course, if you must there's not a better reason than a new grandbaby.

Thanx for the input from everyone else, too. This has got to be the friendliest group online.

D & D
darnis
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 pm

darnis wrote:Thanx for the input from everyone else, too. This has got to be the friendliest group online.D & D
You bet it is! :applause:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby mobile camper » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:00 am

This will be our first IRG, cant wait :D . We are starting out on Tuesday and making a nice 2 day trip down the Oregon coast.
I was reading the conditions of use for the campgrounds and noticed Water is limited. Do we need to pack in water or can we fill out jugs at the site?

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 am

You can bring bottled water, you can fill up jugs at the site and you can fill up jugs at Swimmer's Delight Campground. (Pamplin Grove's sister campground)
The water supply is going to be better this year because of back to normal winter rains, but... They still only pump water into the storage tank twice per day at Pamplin.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Event over, NOT the memories

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 pm

8) The event may be over at PG, but the pictures/memories will continue to come now, and for years to come.

TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Previous

Return to Jefferson State