Movie Night at IRG 3.0

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Phooey » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:13 pm

American Grafitti is my all time favorite but what about Animal House?

:applause:
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve E » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Along with the main event being a movie how about filling in some time space in the evening with a teardrop talent scout hour. Could have sign up sheet and see if anyone has hidden talents to share...Jokes, skits, sing, dance or just anything that could be fun....Theresa could show how to roast the "Perfect Marshmallow" for instance.......ha :) Just a thought as long as everyone throwing in ideas........Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Steve E wrote:Along with the main event being a movie how about filling in some time space in the evening with a teardrop talent scout hour. Could have sign up sheet and see if anyone has hidden talents to share...Jokes, skits, sing, dance or just anything that could be fun....Theresa could show how to roast the "Perfect Marshmallow" for instance.......ha :) Just a thought as long as everyone throwing in ideas........Patty

Sure wouldn't have any problem getting a host or a crew to host it... Doug, George, Lee, Dan and Guy come to mind but I think it's about time for folks like Kevin, Mike and Steve to venture into new territory. :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Kevin A » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:
Steve E wrote:Along with the main event being a movie how about filling in some time space in the evening with a teardrop talent scout hour. Could have sign up sheet and see if anyone has hidden talents to share...Jokes, skits, sing, dance or just anything that could be fun....Theresa could show how to roast the "Perfect Marshmallow" for instance.......ha :) Just a thought as long as everyone throwing in ideas........Patty

Sure wouldn't have any problem getting a host or a crew to host it... Doug, George, Lee, Dan and Guy come to mind but I think it's about time for folks like Kevin, Mike and Steve to venture into new territory. :R
No No No, we're not even gonna go there, the world's just NOT ready for that.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I should clarify my response to point out that it applies only to the text in red above. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think the talent contest is a great idea for those willing to compete. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Kevin A on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby dhazard » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:49 pm

I like Steves Idea of a Talent Hour, that would be a good time filler before the movies.

Steve E your in charge of that part of the evening.

In honer of being in the Redwoods how about “Harry and the Hendersonsâ€
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Follow me, boys, follow me! One of my all time favorite movies of my youth. And its about camping, more or less. Fred Macmurry.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 pm

[quote="dhazard"]I like Steves Idea of a Talent Hour, that would be a good time filler before the movies.

Steve E your in charge of that part of the evening.

In honer of being in the Redwoods how about “Harry and the Hendersonsâ€
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Eunice » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:28 pm

nevadatear wrote:Follow me, boys, follow me! One of my all time favorite movies of my youth. And its about camping, more or less. Fred Macmurry.

I love this movie! Harry and the Hendersons is a good choice also
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Joanne » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 am

sunny16 wrote:So what night was the movie at IRG 2.0? I was there thru Friday night, left Saturday around noon and don't remember ever hearing about it. It must have been Saturday night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed movie night. I'm an "early to bed" kind of gal. (no comments on that one please..... :roll: )

I enjoy the peace and quiet there, and have never heard anyone being too noisy.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:42 am

The website, which is always a work in progress, is pretty much complete at this point with the exception of the Event Schedule page and the Souvenirs page... They're always the last two pages to come together.
We're working on the schedule right now and need to touch base with the NRTA boys to finalize the schedule for the IRG Summer Nationals Teardrop Derby.
The Event Schedule page will also have links to a few new pages this year... We want to give more exposure to the raffle, teardrop derby and the eats. :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Sawyer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 am

Awesome idea! I would be more than happy to see both those movies again, but I have to suggest that "The Big Lebowski" be added to the list of considerations.
"Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither" - Benjamin Franklin
Sawyer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby The Dude » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 am

Sawyer wrote:Awesome idea! I would be more than happy to see both those movies again, but I have to suggest that "The Big Lebowski" be added to the list of considerations.

I concur! Excellent choice!
The Dude
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Kevin A wrote: Kevin,
No No No, we're not even gonna go there, the world's just NOT ready for ....[/quote]

Keven, Come on Dude if nothing else you could preform.
You simply stand before 100+ folks with a plate of chocolate chip cookies before you and show us how to properly hold them, smell the fregrence like a glass of wine, edicate on chewing one and get the most of each ... My wife would love to cook some for you. ...then you can try for a record of how quckly a plate of chocolate chip cookies can disappear ;)
If the Cookie Monster can do it before the nation you can do it for our small group.
MMMMMMM C O O-KIE. :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
go Keven go Keven go Keven go Keven go Keven go Keven go
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm

For Movies I suggest ....
My suggestion is get a poll and see what wins.
Poll one could be for one group of films and one for a different group of films or a tie bracker.

American graffete and Mad Mad mad world or anything with cars and trailers in it will do fine for me. my Silent film idea was so we could just enjoy the sound of nature but that would not work someone will be telling a joke and out compete nature.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby dhazard » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:35 pm

This is an updated list of suggestions. There were some good general suggestions, that to be in contention they must be more specific. Please post the name of a movie not just the actor.

Please keep the suggestions coming, on the weekend I will start a new thread that we can debate and nominate the movies that will be voted on.

Doug will be responsible for bringing the Stooges Shorts that run about 10 min each and will be shown as the sun sets and we get the bugs out of the system.

The Long, Long Trailer 1953 103 min
The Shawshank Redemption 1994 142 min
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid 1969 110 min
The Gnome Mobile 1967 84 min
Little Big Man 1970 147 min
Paint Your Wagon 1969 158 min
The Big Trees 1952 89 min
Blazing Saddles 1974 93 min
Up in Smoke 1978 86 min
Monty Python, and the Holy Grail 1975 91 min
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World 1963 182 min
Young Frankenstein 1974 106 min
Smokey and the Bandit 1977 96 min
THE GREAT RACE 1965 160 min
Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines 1969 158 min
American Graffiti 1973 112 min
Follow Me Boys 1966 131 min
Animal House 1978 109 min
Harry and the Hendersons 1987 110 min
The Big Lebowski 1998 117 min
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State