4th. Annual Fathers Day Gathering

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Attending the ITG-4

Poll ended at Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:05 pm

yes
13%
no
88%

Total votes : 16

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 am

Gage wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Gage, I think that is why Kay is asking about it. If there are people who have already decided that they are not going to ITG, but may go camping locally, what's the harm? Not everybody has the time or the money for the bigger camping trip, especially in our current economy. Maybe they can connect campgrounds electronically via the web. (We talked about doing that once before.)

I know that Sharon. And for your information, you don't have to be retired to attend that gathering. You just have to want to and then plan for it. In 2005 there were almost 60 teardrops from California, Oregon & Washington. Oh and Jefferson State (sorry). And out of that 60 maybe 4 or 5 of us were retired. It's just a mater of wanting to go to a particular gathering. So please get off the retirement kick, I'm getting real tired of hearing that. And in the future, I'll stay out of this section. :surrender:

...Huh? Nobody said anything about retirement except you.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Father's Day Gathering

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:12 am

:D First, thanks to Grant for that clarification...it is often a toss up for people to decide which event(s) to attend, particularly if they are on the same weekend. With the economy as it is nowdays, some may WISH to go, but $$$ as well as time is a factor.

As for attending the Jefferson State Gathering on Father's Day.....my Father, currently 88 years old, is who I spend the day/weekend with. He is not able to travel LONG distances to attend TD gatherings, but does come to the IRG's & our local D.O.G.'s every time we have had them. This would be the FIRST time I would be able to attend a JS Father's Day gathering myself, as it would be in my neck of the woods, practically in our Salyer backyard. Also, I teach up until that final Friday each year of the ITG opening, and that has kept me from being able to attend this fine event.
I, personally, look forward to my early retirement so I could take in the ITG, as I would be able to arrive there with my tear before the event is over. So, camp where and when you can, what your finances and health will allow you to do, what your circumstances will enable you to go to....but the main thing is to enjoy yourself and your fellow Teardroppers, wherever they may be or wherever they may come from.
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Gage » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:08 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:.........Not everybody has the time or the money for the bigger camping trip,............

...Huh? Nobody said anything about retirement except you.

Sorry Sharon. I read into that one line like so many reads something into my posts. :oops:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 pm

'S'okay, Gage. E-hugs backatchya. It's all good. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Jefferson State