Time to vie for Pamplin Grove...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

IRG, here we come...

Postby Carol Reed » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Ditto all of the thanks for all that everybody does !! Thanks for the updates, too. And I am there with you in spirit.......

I just informed the kids that their lives are on hold for July.... It's IRG or BUST for me !!!

For you newbies, doubting the costs; do not hesitate to donate $$$, supplies, raffle goodies, time, etc. You will get it back ten-fold just from the experience of being there.

And this is waaay ahead of schedule, but start thinking about a caravan from AZ or So CA.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to my whole TD family!! July will be here before we know it.
Carol
:pinktear:
:wine party:
FL Carol
2013 Camp-Inn 550 #609
Carol Reed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Stay warm tonight and party a bit too. :Flippin Burger: :dancing: :picklejuice:

Here's hoping you bring in the new year with a smile.
I'll be thinking of you!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:54 pm

I got a call from Kevin...but I was in the garage working on a stove and missed it...but based on the recording on the machine...there were a lot of people in the background and they were pretty "active". Sorry I missed your call Kev....

Here's wishing all of you sitting there in line a Happy New Year....Thanks for all you are doing. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Day 4 New Year's Eve

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:19 am

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Party on in the parking lot!
Fed the multitudes with some help from our friends & family Met a nearby neighbor and fellow newbie TD & his family . We had an enjoyable meal right at the end of late afternoon and had downed the clam fritters, clam chowder, best beans, some awesome desserts AND MUCH more...by the time twilight hit we were done on our side of the lot. That was the first and second courses...what you say?? But waaait, there's more? And then the oysters went on the grill, we moved food over to another table, adding even more stuff to eat, :yes:

I will have such a sugar hangover tomorrow....
Dean's going out crabbing tomorrow so we will have a New Year's day party starting at noon. Crab and a big potluck!
Ranger Pat from PG will bring donuts tomorrow morning and talk to us about proposed changes (if any) in the reservation system.
Here's your update and best wishes for the New Year. xoxo :banana: :woohoo:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby jabrobbins » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 am

It was great meeting everyone yesterday. It's nice being welcomed into the teardrop family.

The public works parking lot is quite an interesting place.

You're just a block away from the Carson mansion:

And there are some crazy folks camping out in a parking lot :thumbsup:

:applause:
jabrobbins
Eureka, CA
jabrobbins
Teardrop Builder

Postby jhb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:26 am

jabrobbins wrote:And there are some crazy folks camping out in a parking lot :thumbsup:

The one in the middle isn't that crazy, but the other two... :lol:
Happy New Year everyone!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 pm

jabrobbins wrote:And there are some crazy folks camping out in a parking lot :thumbsup:

:applause:

Homeless people with a funny little trailer. Now that's something different. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Maybe we're crazy but we sure eat good... Went out in ocean this morning near Trinidad Head and got a limit of Humboldt Dungeness Crab. Brought them back here and cooked them right in the parking lot... Have never seen 10 crab disappear so fast. :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Last day/night

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:17 pm

8) Party in the parking lot continues.....last day/night. We will be on our way to signing up for the last weekend in July. Another nice winter day here with mild temps and scattered sunlight. I spent a good portion of the morning with new "friend" Allison ( bride to be> also camping out ) in the TD helping plan her wedding at Pamplin Grove. We can get wi-fi here so we looked at wedding ideas, discussed menu, etc. Kevin's just called us for lunch--he's brought pizza so I'll say ttfn.
Joanie
TDN :)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:40 pm

jhb wrote:

The one in the middle isn't that crazy, but the other two... :lol:
Happy New Year everyone!

John
So what is our attraction to an event so far away?
funny we live in the same town go to the same church and only see each other out of town. and if we lived a little closer we would be up there helping too.
Good people from a small town.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
Ron Dickey :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby jhb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 am

Ron: If I got into Home Depo on Sundays more often we wouldn't have to drive to IRG to see each other! :thinking: Not sure I'm much help, but I'd be there eating!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby MarkD » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks for going above and beyond to get the grove! Now inquiring minds want to know - Is it official? This feels a bit like Xmas eve to me and I'm trying to figure out what's in that odd shaped box!
MarkD
Teardrop Inspector

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 am

8) YES IT IS OFFICIAL.
(And coincidently M & M I was just thinking about you two this morning!! Cosmic)

I signed us up at the office opening at 7:30 a.m. this morning. I am personally committed to those dates and will need to pay the fees and first night before January 17th. The bulk of the payment, including insurance for the event and a 2 day alcohol fee ( for Friday/Saturday only ) will be paid in a second installment. I'm ready to do this.

Check out our website to print a registration form. Use this to send us your payment of $50 (NON-refundable) for camping. T-shirts can be ordered on this form as well ( additional cost of $18/$20 according to size ).

Include a SASE (self addressed-stamped envelope) to receive information prior to the event late spring-early summer. PLEASE DO THIS. Thanks.

YOUR CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF PAYMENT RECEIVED WILL BE POSTED ON OUR PAMPLIN GROVE WEBBSITE
AS WE RECEIVE THEM.

:D :D J
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Previous

Return to Jefferson State