Wolf Creek 2013

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Wolf Creek 2013

Postby doug hodder » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:32 am

Thanks guys...hope you all had a good time at Wolf Creek! I know I did....

For anyone thinking about putting a campout together...just do it...buy up a group site, and invite a group to go. It's the best time you can have. NO tours required, just good people, good times/ eats, and if you get the right place...no public. In this situation, we only have 12 sites, We invite 20 trailers, many are regulars from No. Cal. The thing here is...just plan a get together...make it happen. Just go find a place to make it happen. This campout is always full before it ends for the next year.

Things will just evolve on their own. Debbie created "cocktail" night last year and it carried over to this event....this year Sue and Shelly created TuTu Thursday. George, Kevin and I did a Reggae thing, loosely connected with a Freedom 35 thing from the Trailer Park Boys...( you have to know what it means). We welcome stupidity with open arms...that's what makes it fun...I won't even go into the details of the rubber rats or the faux crows we put in the trees. It's all a good time.

At the Grande Pavillion...a 10 x 30 theater, complete with 2 cook stations, dutch oven table and grill area. Entertainment courtesy of Dan Hazard, this evening, Big Bang Theory....Bruce Osborn also did a Monty Pyton Holy
Grail movie on the side of his incredible trailer one evening. Thanks Bruce and Jean. That's Dave in the animal skin hat...he's got several of them.

We stack tears in fairly tight...3 in this site but Kevin, George and I are party animals...yeah right.

The ladies of Wolf Creek on Tutu night....what a fun group!

Sam and Maria had what we called..."Camp Flashback"

People typically have to at least double up in sites...but if you all know each other fairly well, it's no issue. We had lots of board games to play, ladder ball, swimming/bathing/kayaking/fishing in the lake, movies at least 4 nights, a cocktail and snack evening. Dean Bessom managed to put a great campfire together on the last night. For some of us...it was 7 nights of relaxation....Awesome! Thanks everyone for a great time! Doug

Just get a site and invite a group...it'll happen and it will be a great time. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: Wolf Creek 2013

Postby nevadatear » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 am

And indeed it was. The best thing about teardropper is the fabulous friends we have made. From our nor cal friends at wolf creek who embraced us from the start, and our many other friends we have developed over the last four years, including our new and special growing northern NV group, what fun we have together! Doug, thanks again for the best campout of the year. What will we come up with next year? Randy says more naps! :relaxing: and for those of you who missed the last qwrkle game on Sat nite, the chocolate rasberry wine was divine :wine: And as Courtney say, nothing like wine drunk out of the official wolf creek cocktail glass, the 3oz dixie cup!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Is that big hole at the end of the pavement still there? Damn, I miss being up there. :(
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Nope...they ran a grader down the road in the last year. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kevin A » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm ready to go camping up there again, is it time yet?
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby doug hodder » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:58 am

You wouldn't want to be up there now Kevin. We lucked out and beat all the smoke from the current forest fires. It's gotten really bad, just kind of a yellow light all day long. I went to bed with the attic fan on and the windows open as it cleared out last night...woke up this morning and the house is all smokey and ash all over. And you know what a fastidious house keeper I am! yeah, right.... Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bdosborn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 am

doug hodder wrote: Kevin, George and I are party animals...yeah right.

Doug, we have to talk. A lot happened after these that you don't remember:

:lol:
Bruce

P.S. Just kidding. We had such a great time and you're right. Just do it!
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Here's the video of Wolf Creek.

Youtube Linky

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Nice video Bruce, what a great week! It's always a pleasure camping with all you guys. Man, I had a good time. Thanks el jefe (doug) for putting it together. :)
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby doug hodder » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks Geo....that white lightning really put out the fire on the stuffed Jalapeno's (gellapinos as Ricky would say)...what's up with them this year?...those babies were really hot!...last year I ate 12...this year I was drooling on 4! I thought the hatch green chile's were tamer this year though. Next year.....a camping golf tourney!

I just checked it out! Thanks Bruce and Jean for the video! It's great that you guys did this! It'll keep me entertained through the winter till next year!
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby nevadatear » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Nice bruce!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby rmclarke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:43 am

Doug,
When I first saw 'Wolf Creek', I thought I had missed something close by ('cuz we've got a Wolf Creek campground up here in North Jefferson too.... not too many miles from us)....had to google yours 'cuz I didn't know where it was....looks like a great spot and it looked like you guys had a lot of fun! Thanks for the pics and thanks Bruce, for the video! :thumbsup:
"When a hammer is the only tool you own, every problem begins to look like a nail..."

ImageFrom this: Image to this: Image Finally!!
rmclarke
The 300 Club

Return to Jefferson State