IRG reservation coming up

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: IRG reservation coming up

Postby lfrazer98 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Hello and happy new year! Does anyone have a good trip creator that they use online that maps each leg of a trip as well as campgrounds? I am thinking google maps could be the best, but I have tried roadtrippers.com and map quest. I used to use a different one, but it was on an old CD about 10 years ago. I am trying to map out the 3000 miles it would take me to get to CA going the northern route through Helena, Montana so I can pick up my Aunt so she could join me at the IRG. She plans on just flying back home after and then I will probably take the central route home (nevada, utah, colorado, etc.) These are very tentative, but I am trying to map it out if the dates work out when I check back on Monday. As of right now I have no trips planned for the the end of June and all of July in anticipation of this one :)

This is the best I have come up with and need to play with it a little longer to get all the hotels off the map. I got the campgrounds on it so that is a start! This is from roadtrippers.com. I also need to figure out how far I will travel each day so I know where I am sleeping each night. I am guessing it will take me 6 days give or take to get there...
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:39 am

Hi Lauren
So glad to hear you are coming to the IRG :applause:
Sandi and I are looking forward to meeting you after following your build here on the Forum. :)
When I started reading your post, while looking at your map..... I got excited about you being so close to us on your way there, but then I read 6 days?? :shock:
We drove home from the UP of Michigan on a similar route in 2012. It took us 5 days...and we were driving!!! :roll: I had my 46 Stude PU with nothing attached, and we were consistently averaging 85 mph. :thinking:
I think you might want to take more time and smell the roses along the way. There are some great things to see along the way, I am sure you are going to start getting some wonderful suggestions.
This will be a trip that I am sure you will remember forever, so find a way to take more time to do it.
In stead of staying on I 90 after Missoula....200 is a much nicer drive up to Sandpoint.
Oh there is just too much to tell you in this post.
Also, get your passport before you come so you have a Canadian option. B.C. is worth it!!!
We are going to the IRG also, and I am currently planning our trip down??? We will be taking our time and know almost all of the routes.
I would love to help you with your travel plans through the Pacific North West! ;)
Lets keep in touch.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks, Brian and Sandi! Roads to take and avoid are definitely welcomed! I have driven from Kansas up to SD and then through Wyoming, Montana and Washington before, so I am taking it rather quick until I get to Montana. I already hit the major spots like Rushmore and Custer SP, Badlands, Yellowstone and Glacier NP. So, after Helena, I am slowing down a bit and will add an extra day so I can see Portland and enjoy the Pacific Coast! I will look into 200 and thanks for the suggestion! I welcome any others, especially if anyone has suggestions about a southern/central route through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, etc. I still hope I can work this trip into my schedule. I am trying to do 7 days out and back with 5 at the IRG. :) Fingers crossed!!

I won't post anymore pics after this as I don't want to clutter up the thread. :) But this is the tentative plan!

Update- I just looked up 200 and Sandpoint, ID and I have been there. My friend lived in Spokane Valley and we traveled up there and through Coeur d' Alene multiple times. :) I love the Idaho panhandle!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi Lauren
PM sent.
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby byrdz1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Lauren,

always make Brian write down directions, if he tries to tell them to you, plug your ears and yell LALALA until he writes it down, otherwise you will end up in Cancun before you get to California
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:16 pm

I could go for Cancun!! :lol: He sent me a PM that I am going to reply to tonight. :) Trying to find a good place to camp the night I leave from Helena. Picking his brain about places to see! Already added Crater Lake to my itinerary. :) Still waiting to hear about the dates and if my Aunt from MT will be joining me to make final plans though. I have never explored/traveled through Wash., Oregon and Cali so I am open. I have also never driven through Nevada, Utah or Colorado. I hope that wherever I camp that it won't be too hot though! I don't have AC! I might need to invest in some or try to come up with my own set up. Suggestions welcomed!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby dogscats » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:13 pm

I did not see cost per nigh on the register. May not have teardrop done can I use a tent. is the 50 per nigh or all days
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:29 pm

We got our dates today... The website is published and registration is open.
Go to www.pamplingrove.com and go to Registration page, click on the form to save/print.
May 25th-30th, 2016
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Dave A » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Joanie , my registration just got mailed
Dave
Dave A
500 Club

Postby Jim.Johnson » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Too bad it has to be on the same dates as a really fine event in T. O. W. country that has been on the calendar forever. I'm sure it will be well attended but I'll not forfeit the event here to be there.
Jim.Johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Jim.Johnson wrote:Too bad it has to be on the same dates as a really fine event in T. O. W. country that has been on the calendar forever. I'm sure it will be well attended but I'll not forfeit the event here to be there.

We're ( & other friends) are with you Jim. :thumbsup:
Too bad, I've been turning things on my lathe for the pay it forward but... I'll find a home for them.
We now have missed the first and last IRG, but have great memories. :D
Thanks Dean & Joanie :thumbsup:
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Vedette » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Such sad news! :cry:
We had cleared our whole Summer Calendar, and were holding off our Farm Gathering date (with tentative thoughts of moving it to September from July) so we could attend the last IRG no matter what the date was?? :thinking:
BUT....Memorial Day weekend?..............Sorry, we too will be unable to attend! :(
Most of us in the Pacific North West, already have the Gorge gathering on our schedule for Memorial Day! It is the largest Teardrop Gathering currently being held in Washington State and deserves our support.
I agree with Danny........although we were only able to attend one IRG (as we still fairly new to the game) We will always have that Great Memories that were made there!
Thanks Dean & Joanie for all of your hard work..... both past and present, to provide such a wonderful event. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:
Hope to get to see you at the Shasta Lake Gathering! :worship:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby myoung » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:27 am

I'd very much like to attend IRG 2016. It's 500 miles closer to home now that we have moved to Nipomo, CA.

My trailer is not a teardrop, but rather what I like to call a Teardrop Shipping Crate, a homebuilt trailer with a pop-top similar to Sharon's. Would be nice to see her trailer beside mine...and perhaps others of a similar style to compare and to share design ideas and solutions.

May I come with this rig?
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Postby lfrazer98 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 pm

I am so bummed! I will not be able to attend the gathering as it will take a me a week to drive out and a week to drive back and school is still in session for me. :( I was really looking forward to this trip, but understand that this park is highly sought after and you have to grab the dates you can grab. Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions and kind words! I will still try to make it out west at some point and will welcome trip ideas, etc., when that day comes. I wish you all a wonderful IRG!!! Wish I could be there!!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:58 pm

myoung wrote:I'd very much like to attend IRG 2016. It's 500 miles closer to home now that we have moved to Nipomo, CA.

My trailer is not a teardrop, but rather what I like to call a Teardrop Shipping Crate, a homebuilt trailer with a pop-top similar to Sharon's. Would be nice to see her trailer beside mine...and perhaps others of a similar style to compare and to share design ideas and solutions.

May I come with this rig?

Mike, I'd love to see you there. People with small trailers* can come but they have to reserve their spot by printing and filling out a reservation form, sending their share of the money needed to help with the festivities and park fees, and mailing it all (quickly**) to the address listed on the reservation form.
The registration form can be found here: http://www.pamplingrove.com/GFRegform.html

* General note: Please recognize that larger trailers may have trouble with the campground road and camping spots. The road turns are a tad short in places, especially when full of tiny trailers and their tow vehicles, and many of the camping spots are in a meadow, not usually used for trailer parking.

** One year, the reservations filled-up 14 days. While it may not be that soon this time (because of the dates***), it could happen again because of the rumor(?) that this is the last one that Dean and Joanie will put on.

*** It is my understanding that the county that Pamplin Grove is in (Humbolt?) now assigns the dates for which one can reserve that area and that they do it via the lottery system. That is why Dean and Joanie got those dates....They didn't have a choice on the dates.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State