IRG reservation coming up

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: IRG reservation coming up

Postby Gage » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:56 pm

The generators are for the cook shack. I have a generator that will run all night so If I was to bring it, I would have electric to run my oxygen concentrator (which I need) but out of respect for my fellow campers it stays home. But now days I've noticed that more and more campers (teardropers) think only of them selves. :o
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Esteban » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:03 pm

My recollection is that there is no hardwired electricity available anywhere inside Pamplin Grove Campground. During IRG a generator is used to temporarily provide power to the cook shack. Most of Pamplin Grove is heavily shaded by tall redwoods. The meadow area alongside the river, where dozens of people camp, has good sun exposure. Its the one place in the campground where a solar panel could be useful.

Dean and Joanie compete with other people to reserve Pamplin Grove. They will not know until early in January 2016 whether or not that they have (hopefully) succeeded to reserve the campground for IRG 2016.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Steve, don't you read any of the post above yours? They already said what you just said, just in different words. :o
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby alaska teardrop » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:29 am

The generators are for the cook shack. I have a generator that will run all night so If I was to bring it, I would have electric to run my oxygen concentrator (which I need) but out of respect for my fellow campers it stays home. But now days I've noticed that more and more campers (teardropers) think only of them selves.

Gage, Have you researched the possibility of operating your machine off a 12V battery?

For $30. I was able to buy an adaptor from the manufacturer of my CPAP machine that allows me to use it for at least 3 nights on a 35amp AGM battery before recharging.

You may be able to also. :thinking:

Fred
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:46 pm

:thumbsup: Jon & Lyn's 2014 trip to California to attend the International Redwood Gathering of Teardrops, including visits to many national parks and the Evart Hammered Dulcimer Funfest.

Jon and Lyn traveled across country with their teardrop trailer from Mass. to IRG and back home. Their slideshow (click on the above link) shares beautiful photo and video highlights of the trip. There are many great photos of the people, trailers, scenery and events at IRG. Sit back and enjoy!
:applause:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 pm

alaska teardrop wrote:
The generators are for the cook shack. I have a generator that will run all night so If I was to bring it, I would have electric to run my oxygen concentrator (which I need) but out of respect for my fellow campers it stays home. But now days I've noticed that more and more campers (teardropers) think only of them selves.

Gage, Have you researched the possibility of operating your machine off a 12V battery?

For $30. I was able to buy an adaptor from the manufacturer of my CPAP machine that allows me to use it for at least 3 nights on a 35amp AGM battery before recharging.

You may be able to also. :thinking:

Fred

I think he said he also needs an Oxygen concentrator. Probably takes a lot more power. :(
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Awesome information! I am hoping I will have a travel partner if I am going to make the drive. Otherwise the trip might get to be a very long one (too long) all by my lonesome. I will definitely check out the website and the cross country trip photos. My battery can last 5 days at least (longest trip without electric so far) so I am not worried about not having electric. I tend to like real toilets, but that can also be a compromise. I look forward to reading any tips, etc. about the IRG that you all put on here. :)
Last edited by lfrazer98 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks all, as the months are flying by!
BTW......
It is not TOTALLY dry camping as there are faucets located throughout the park, and a large sink with hot water in the cookshack. But there are ONLY vault toilets on-site. Swimmer's Delight, the sister campground nearby, has a very limited amount of RV sites with electrical hook-ups, about 6 in all. There is a main bathroom there with flush toilets and only 2 coin operated showers for that campground, which we are able to use.

Hope to see you folks again, and LAUREN, if you make the haul, I will personally pay for your registration and T-shirt (professional courtesy as an educator coming from the East) 8)
cuz I want to see your build and meet you in person!! :R

ttfn, TDN xoxo
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:03 pm

We are all watching this post for the announcement in January of the 2016 date.
Now that the Dam Gathering is "Done" ..... :( the IRG might be our only trip to California in 2016????
Anything you need help with this year?? ;)
We are there for you.
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:Thanks all, as the months are flying by!
BTW......
It is not TOTALLY dry camping as there are faucets located throughout the park, and a large sink with hot water in the cookshack. But there are ONLY vault toilets on-site. Swimmer's Delight, the sister campground nearby, has a very limited amount of RV sites with electrical hook-ups, about 6 in all. There is a main bathroom there with flush toilets and only 2 coin operated showers for that campground, which we are able to use.

Hope to see you folks again, and LAUREN, if you make the haul, I will personally pay for your registration and T-shirt (professional courtesy as an educator coming from the East) 8)
cuz I want to see your build and meet you in person!! :R

ttfn, TDN xoxo

Oh, Joanie :) You are a doll to even offer! It is a matter of finding someone to give up two+ weeks to travel with me though. :) I will start planning and looking into places to stop along the way. I have gone the northern route before and hit up Yellowstone and South Dakota. (Thanks to whomever shared Jon's trip earlier by the way) Maybe you guys can keep an eye out for me if you see anyone possibly coming from the East. I really want to make it out to meet everyone AND to see the redwoods!! As a science teacher, I HAVE to see the redwoods :) I will keep checking back here, but am looking forward to the news in January!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 am

Oh you Lucky Girl!
Remember opportunity usually only knocks once??? :thinking:
Take the offer and make the trip! ;)
Who knows......this Great Gathering might disappear like others have, and you will be mad that you never took advantage of the adventure when it was there for the taking. :(
And by all means, find another Teardrop enthusiast to make the trip with! :thumbsup:
We travelled to the Dam last year with a fellow Teardropper, as well as met some others for a couple of overnighters along the way..... and it was "So much more fun!" .
We are looking forward to meeting you in person.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Vedette wrote:Now that the Dam Gathering is "Done"

As Grant did not want to lay claim to "The Damp Gathering" I just might claim it. BUT I will hold it in a desert where there are no campgrounds. :D

No running water ( unless you run around with your supply), no tables, no camp sights, no showers unless it rains, no flush toilets unless it rains very hard. I have seen it flush a few times. Something that is tremendous to see but also something you do not want to happen. And something that can not be planned upon.
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:17 pm

FYI> At least 3 PM 's could not be received in my IN BOX due to filtering...... :thinking:
If you sent me one, you'll know I received it because it will show up on your end read as having been emptied from Outgoing.
If you sent me one, and I CAN'T get it, you should know that it came back to you.
TDN
:R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:05 am

Wolffarmer wrote:
Vedette wrote:Now that the Dam Gathering is "Done"

As Grant did not want to lay claim to "The Damp Gathering" I just might claim it. BUT I will hold it in a desert where there are no campgrounds. :D

No running water ( unless you run around with your supply), no tables, no camp sights, no showers unless it rains, no flush toilets unless it rains very hard. I have seen it flush a few times. Something that is tremendous to see but also something you do not want to happen. And something that can not be planned upon.

Hi Randy
It would be nice if someone stepped to the plate!
But, I just read your post to Sandi. :NC
Wow, wish you could have been here to see her head snap around and the look on her face! :shock:
Then the response that followed "is he kidding? 170 Teardrops with no amenities?????"
Sometimes great thoughts by men are perceived differently by women! :roll:
I think a Gathering under the stars in the middle of the desert would be fun! :thinking:
Keep Smiling
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:10 am

My wife and I sat down at the table last night and began our brainstorming session for what the upcoming IRG will be like.
We are really looking forward to this one as it will be OUR final version!!
Here are some of the things we discussed and decided upon:
1. I am going to do T-shirts again this year for those who wish to purchase them
2. There WILL be a deep pit BBQ on Thursday
3. We are currently planning to open on a Wednesday and run the event through Monday morning
4. If the drought persists, we may have to limit the total amount of people to 200
5. The registration form will be on the Pamplin Grove website after the first business day of the New Year
6. On the form we'd like to have your contact phone number(s) as well as the Emergency Contact #/person
7. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelop with form aka (SASE)
8. We are holding the cost of the event the same: $50.00 per registration with one trailer/one vehicle
9. We are NOT going to do a Teardrop Derby this time
10. The raffle is on, and you may contribute items for it

Dean
The Fogcrawler :vroom:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State