21st Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 1-4, 2014

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: 21st Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 1-4, 2014

Postby grant whipp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:19 am

BTW ... anyone wanting to bring your lanterns, pack 'em up ... we'll have another "Light-up" Friday night after the Dutch Oven Sampler, and maybe Saturday night, too, if you all want ... :thumbsup: ...!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby ricthestick » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 am

Hi everyone. Ric and kris here my trip got cancelled so i ask Kris what u want to do for ur birthday she said damn it lets go to the damn gathering so here we come save us a space parade here in Clovis rodeo after see u all Thursday a
ricthestick
Teardrop Inspector

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:04 am

Ricthestick..... 8) okay 8) !! That is a great choice she made for a present. Come see us in the upper loop, in the site where there is probably NO waterfall this year. We've got cheese and bacon :twisted: oh, and a really BIG cast iron skillet. Safe travels and enjoy the ride! xoxo TDN :D
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby cdfnchico » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 am

Trailer's packed, groceries bought, can't wait for Thursday morning!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby campmaster-k » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:13 pm

I rolled out my trailer into the sun on sunday. Washed packed and ready to roll. Rolling to the Gathering on weds afternoon see you all there. 8)

last night I bought a jar of Nutella and spread some on a Ritz cracker. That bottle is coming to the Dam with me!
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby grant whipp » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Heading up tomorrow, ourselves! We'll be in site #79, up in the RV loop, with room for lots of company! Really looking forward to finally having the time to just walk around a visit with all you fine folks for the entire weekend!

Safe Travels, All!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 pm

grant whipp wrote:Heading up tomorrow, ourselves! We'll be in site #79, up in the RV loop, with room for lots of company! Really looking forward to finally having the time to just walk around a visit with all you fine folks for the entire weekend!

Safe Travels, All!

CHEERS!

That will be a big treat for you, Grant...less work and more pleasure and play! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Dadietzbuilding2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 am

The wife and I will be taking our home built trailer we just finished ,thank you for all the valuable information that was presented here.we will be in space 34 come by and tell us what you think

Thanks David and kristy
Dadietzbuilding2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Rhino Ray » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! We are in 12.
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby campmaster-k » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Despite the fact that I was sick all weekend it was a great time. The races went well and were well attended. Thank you all for making it a fun and new event every year. Great job on the jet Roly.
-Kirk

Build thread -

Check out my Pictures -

campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby Rhino Ray » Mon May 05, 2014 8:40 am

campmaster-k wrote:Despite the fact that I was sick all weekend it was a great time. The races went well and were well attended. Thank you all for making it a fun and new event every year. Great job on the jet Roly.

We had a great time! Kirk, thanks for all your help with the lantern. You are the Lantern Doctor! :applause: See you all next year! :thumbsup:
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby cdfnchico » Mon May 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Good food, good friends, old and new! A dam good time was had by all!! A little more intimate this year compared to last year's blowout for the 20th, but was perfect. Grant almost got voted off the island for mentioning a biannual event, lol! Celebrated Dean and Joanie's anniversary. Mozzarella Andretti and his wedge o' cheese lost in the pinewood derby, but it was great fun and we have plans for a new design. Thanks for setting up the track Kirk...I promise to keep paying you for your efforts with "Jalapeno Popper Waffle Dogs" ! We had Epic Jenga out by the road and EVERYONE! played...can't wait for IRG!

Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Great pics, Cathy ... thanks for posting ... :thumbsup: ...! (I stole the one of Chuck & Richard playing Epic Jenga)

"Bridgette & Hillary" couldn't stop talking about your "Jalapeno Popper Waffle Dogs" ... it takes a lot to impress those two, I'll tell you ... ;) ...!

Yeah, I was afraid I'd be ducking tomatoes there for a couple of minutes, but it was just an idea I thought I'd run up the flag pole ... clearly it wasn't that good of an idea, though ... :frightened: ...! So, as long as you all want to keep coming to the Dam Gathering every year, we'll keep putting it on.

Next year's dates are April 30 thru May 3, 2015
Antlers is going through a change of ownership/management, but we'll be working closely with the new folks so everything keeps going smoothly, future-gathering-wise. The one major thing we'll be "negotiating" will be better communication and follow-through regarding the reservation/registration process ... quite a few folks attempted to reserve/register this year and didn't get a response, so they just decided not to bother and didn't show up ... :thumbdown: ...! So, let me make this one thing perfectly clear to anyone who may have decided not to come because they thought there might not have been any room left ... this is a huge facility with lots of room, and unless we start posting trailer numbers of well over 200, there will always be room for you at Antlers RV Park & Campground during the Dam Gathering ... :applause: ...!

Looking forward to seeing more pics, so post 'em all up! I may have been way more relaxed this year, but that doesn't mean I got around to see everybody and every trailer like I was hoping to (sometimes life circumstances don't always go along with what we want ... ;) ...).

Thanks! to all those who attended, it was another Dam Good Gathering of the Tears!

'Til we see you at the next campout, Happy Trails! And, as always ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue May 06, 2014 12:04 am

8) It was a DAM fine time...and we so appreciate the easy going atmosphere this year....especially in comparison to our last year! Thanks to all of you, especially Lori B. & Sharon H., who helped make our 1st Anniversary such a special one. We look forward to celebrating for years to come with this wonderful group of folks. You are simply the BEST! xoxo TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby campmaster-k » Tue May 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Cathy your waffle dogs are to die for, especially dipped in Kiwi Jam! Crazy good.

Grant - Bad idea, it must be every year. I believe the the attendance would have been higher if you could get a call back from Antlers. I called two or three times to get the reservation then two or three times to confirm. If I had been traveling a long distance I would have been afraid to show up and have no room at the inn. I know Grant makes every effort to help folks find a space but if I were new to the Jefferson State Group and did not know anyone or was skittish I would have skipped it.

I checked in thursday morning. After that I did not see anyone in the office all weekend. There seemed to be plenty of staff around but nobody in the office.

We all need to be vigilant , watch for and help newcomers. And make a bigger deal about the details so people will feel good about having a place to land when they get there. The Dam Gathering of the Tears is here to stay.

And I am sure that Grant is correct when he said that the new management will be better. Its all good into the future of Teardroppin!
-Kirk

Build thread -

Check out my Pictures -

campmaster-k
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State