Shasta Lake Gathering 2017

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: Shasta Lake Gathering 2017

Postby irgod32 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:11 pm

I really wanted to go! I have a wedding to go to on the 29th!
Dang it!!!

:(
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 pm

irgod32 wrote:I really wanted to go! I have a wedding to go to on the 29th!
Dang it!!!

:(

:( :thinking: If the wedding is Saturday afternoon, you could still come for the 27th & 28th and leave Saturday morning in time to still make it to the wedding. (Unless you're part of the wedding party) Most people come on Friday but many come on Thursday and some come even days earlier; so, all would not be lost and you'd get to see most everyone.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:55 pm

For those of you who are vintage car lovers, please be aware that Kool April Nites big car festival/parade/show happens the same weekend as our gathering. The parade of cars happens Friday evening, with many of the streets blocked off and streams of beautiful vintage cars parading down the main streets of Redding, CA. Saturday is the main display at Redding's Civic Auditorium, where you will be able to see hundreds of cars up close. While the streets will be unblocked by then, you won't be able to park anywhere close to the Civic Auditorium because of all the displayed cars. You will be expected to park in the downtown parking lot, near the bus depot and take the free shuttle that is offered for that purpose. If you've never seen this event, I can tell you that it is spectacular.

I, for one, would love to see some of you with vintage cars (and trucks, Brian!) in the parade, pulling your teardrops!!!!!

To register to be a part of it, go here:
https://koolaprilnites.com/koolprofile.asp

To see a preview of what you aren't going to want to miss, go here:
http://www.koolaprilnites.com/

Knowing that this is going on, more people may decide to camp with us and go down to see it; so, be sure to get your camping reservations soon!!!!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Vedette » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Where is this car show and parade?
Redding????
Brian
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Vedette wrote:Where is this car show and parade?
Redding????
Brian

Yes, a 30 minute drive from where you'll be camped, pretty much straight south, down Hwy 5. The parade goes right up Hilltop Drive and down Churn Creek Road, circling around. That's on Friday night...just a couple hours worth of fun. Take some chairs and sit along the road; but, get your spots early. I think the parade starts around 5:30 or 6:00 PM. I believe they block off the streets sometime after 4 PM. The car show is on Saturday, at the Civic Auditorium; but, I don't think they'll be letting you drive through for a "look-see". You have to go to the bus depot on California street; park there in the parking structure across the street, and take the free bus shuttle over to the auditorium. The car show is huge and would probably take you all afternoon to see everything.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:30 pm

With all the rain, mosquitoes will be out in large numbers this year.
Please remember to bring your mosquito/bug spray!

http://www.shastamosquito.org/sites/def ... %20web.pdf
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby irgod32 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:02 pm

S. Heisley wrote:With all the rain, mosquitoes will be out in large numbers this year.
Please remember to bring your mosquito/bug spray!

http://www.shastamosquito.org/sites/def ... %20web.pdf

So how was this gathering? I'm sorry I couldn't go. Does anyone have pictures or video up of this gathering? Please PM me and let me know where :thinking:

Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun May 07, 2017 8:21 pm

:thinking: I understand that there were somewhere around 74 trailers that registered.

Please recognize that some sites had more than one trailer on them and, for that reason, I don't know exactly how many there were. The registration office was pretty laid-back and forgiving with us. The office wasn't even open on Saturday.

By the way, people are already reserving their spots for next year. It's always the last weekend in April and only about $16.50 to pre-register. Just call and tell them you want to sign up for next year's Shasta Lake Gathering.

I didn't take any pictures. There are some on Facebook, though.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby AeroDude » Tue May 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Hey Sharon,
We happened to drive by Antlers with our Teardrop today on our way back from the Railroad Park Resort near Mount Shasta. Had to think of this gathering, only to find out now that it was last month :shock: Looks like it was a great event 8)
AeroDude
Teardrop Builder

Postby gudmund » Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 am

Hope you made a reservation for next year? just a nites $$$ charge will hold it for than. ($16.50) :wine:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed May 31, 2017 9:10 am

AeroDude wrote:Hey Sharon,
We happened to drive by Antlers with our Teardrop today on our way back from the Railroad Park Resort near Mount Shasta. Had to think of this gathering, only to find out now that it was last month :shock: Looks like it was a great event 8)

Sorry you missed it! It is always the last weekend in April and is usually the kick-off, first gathering of the season for this area. Many people make their reservations for the next year when they are leaving this year's gathering; so, you could do that too and pick your spot for next year, now. They charge a $ pittance to reserve and you're set. Call Antler’s Resort directly at 530-238-2322 or http://www.antlersrvpark.com When you call, be sure to tell them that you are part of the Shasta Lake Gathering so that you can take advantage of their generous discount!

Next year, Romi Marks and Cathy Frost are in charge of the festivities; so, it's bound to be yet another success.

Hope you're thoroughly enjoying you beautiful teardrop and maybe I'll see you down the road.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby AeroDude » Wed May 31, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi Sharon,
If all goes as planned, we're actually about to relocate to Seattle this summer. We'll need to see how things develop over there. From Seattle, Shasta Lake is at least a 10 hour drive, as opposed to 4 hours from the Bay Area. So realistically I unfortunately don't see it happen for us.
And yes, we're loving the teardrop! Camping on average once a Month.
John
AeroDude
Teardrop Builder

Postby gudmund » Wed May 31, 2017 6:09 pm

living north of Seattle makes the trip to Shasta more fun - a bunch of us start a week or so ahead of Shasta for a get together in eastern Washington for a few days, than make a 2 to 3 day run south to Shasta. Heading home it's just a "whatever" way you go heading home. 8)
gudmund
500 Club

Postby gudmund » Wed May 31, 2017 6:23 pm

PS = heading home , I go whatever way home to - sorry to say - avoid Seattle and it's traffic, even if it's a extra 100 miles or so out of the way!! (And yes, I was born in Seattle and avoid it like the plague) But- YES, I love the NW!!! and the island I live on!!! if you have heard about the rain complains - just remember, that is why it is so green here on the west side of the mountains and if you don't like the green, just go east of the mountains - it looks like the dry parts of California and eastern Oregon. Good Luck heading north! :)
gudmund
500 Club

Postby AeroDude » Wed May 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you Gudmund! After the Bay Area, I feel I can handle the Seattle traffic, hands down :thinking: And yes, you may be right about making Shasta part of a longer trek. We'll definitely consider it!
AeroDude
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State