Shasta Lake Gathering April 23-26, 2020

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Shasta Lake Gathering April 23-26, 2020

Postby cdfnchico » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Teardrops of Jefferson State kicks off their camping at the Shasta Lake Gathering which is coming up April 23-26th. Please book your reservation with Antler’s Resort directly at 530-238-2322 or http://www.antlersrvpark.com/ They are charging $12-15/night depending on whether or not you have hook-ups. Make sure you tell them you're with the teardrop gathering so they give you the special rate. Most of the group will be in the lower loop, so you may want to request to be there too. If there aren't any more spaces, come anyway. We'll fit you in and the resort charges by trailer, so you'll be fine.

There is a $20 “suggested donation” to help cover the costs of putting this event together as well as some awesome "swag"! That can either be paid at the event or sent via a Paypal Money Pool here https://paypal.me/pools/c/80TFgqaIO6 If you do paypal – please make sure you send a message letting us know who to connect the payment to.

Romi and Cathy are heading things up, Cathy & Leo will be there Weds night. All the important details will remain the same. Potlucks, Zentangle, etc. If there are any other activities you would like to see happen, please let them know and help coordinate them! (Shout out to everyone who’s requested the return of the raffle, morning coffee & breakfasts…Any volunteers??)

The itinerary so far is as follows (all events in center site unless otherwise noted):
Thursday 4/23/20 - Early Arrivals!
*4-6pm - Wine and Cheese Meet and Greet. Bring a bottle of your favorite vino ~$10 value & an appetizer to pair and share.

Friday 4/24/20 – General Arrival Day!
*5pm – Potluck and Welcome

Saturday 4/25/20 – Gawking Day!
Please be aware that everyone will want to peak in your trailer. If you’re not comfortable with this, please close your doors. If doors are closed, please be respectful.

*5pm – Potluck!

Sunday 4/26/20 – Checkout day 
*12pm – Checkout time. If you plan to stay longer, please make arrangements with Antler’s.
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Re: Shasta Lake Gathering April 23-26, 2020

Postby CaptKidd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:58 am

I'll be there wouldn't miss it.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GuitarPhotog » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm in! I'll be in my usual place, site 23 right behind the bathroom/laundry building. This will be my 9th gathering in 10 years (I missed '19 because of health issues).

Looking forward to seeing you all!

<Chas>

:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby crisstoll » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi I’m christine. I’m new to this forum and bought my Teardrop last year and spent my first season camping in it and love it. I met a couple in Lassen who told me about tnttt and also about the Shasta Lake gathering. I’m excited to meet more teardroppers and go to my first gathering in April. A real bonus is I live in Weed so it’s super close. Are dogs allowed to come? Thank you Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crisstoll
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:20 pm

crisstoll wrote:Hi I’m christine. I’m new to this forum and bought my Teardrop last year and spent my first season camping in it and love it. I met a couple in Lassen who told me about tnttt and also about the Shasta Lake gathering. I’m excited to meet more teardroppers and go to my first gathering in April. A real bonus is I live in Weed so it’s super close. Are dogs allowed to come? Thank you Image

Welcome, Christine!
Yes, dogs are allowed but they are supposed to be leashed. Many of us bring our dogs. The Shasta Lake Gathering is one of the highlights of every year. You'll like it!
It is kind of the opening of the season and, although not normally, we have had rain then. So, keep an eye on the weather. When you register, be certain to tell them that you are with the Shasta Lake Gathering so you can get the discounted rate.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby ELM » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi Christine That was us you met at Lassen Barbara & Edgar. Glad you can make it to the Shasta gathering. Have you made any progress on water proofing your teardrop ? If not, Let me know and we can work on a few things if you want.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby crisstoll » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi Barbara and Edgar. Glad you remember who I am. I have made my reservation for the gathering and will be in space 24. No I haven’t done anything yet. I did some temporary covers last summer. I bought the butyl tape but couldn’t figure out how to get the roof vent off. I was going to call an RV repairman before the gathering in case it rains. I’ve had it in covered storage for the winter. Thx for saying hi. I tell everyone about the VW pulling a beautiful home build

crisstoll
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:53 pm

Yes, Edgar and Barbara's build is a beauty! Good people, too! :D

Just bring a tarp to put over it, if you don't have it fixed. It should be okay. We are in a drought right now. Whether it holds to that or not is anybody's guess. If we don't have rain by Saturday, we will have broken a record: ZERO rain for the entire month.

Did you buy Butyl tape or RV putty? RV putty is easier to work with. If you bought it from a local store that's probably what it is. Grey-ish white color?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby dguff » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:38 pm

We have our reservation for the gathering. :thumbsup:
Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:29 am

crisstoll wrote: Are dogs allowed to come?

If you see the Camp host coming hang onto your dog, because he carries some really good treat's :lol:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:26 pm

The President just extended the "Stay at Home" order until the end of April. What does that do to our gathering? Are we still "on"?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby twisted lines » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm

S. Heisley wrote:The President just extended the "Stay at Home" order until the end of April. What does that do to our gathering? Are we still "on"?

In these time's would I be crossing the border?
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:43 pm

twisted lines wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:The President just extended the "Stay at Home" order until the end of April. What does that do to our gathering? Are we still "on"?

In these time's would I be crossing the border?

Sorry, I'm a Caboose/EOTD. You'll need to spell it out for me. From the looks of your address (Jefferson), I would guess you're either in Southern Oregon or Northern California. Did you mean the Oregon border?

I imagine that there will be people who will cancel but, if you are bringing you house with you and stay at least 6 ft. away when you are outside, it might be okay...dunno. We probably would not have the potluck, though.

Also, if the gathering is canceled, I feel that a message should be posted to that end. Last year, many people put deposits down on their campsites for this year and do we know how that is going to be handled? I'm okay with not getting my deposit back; but, if some of our people are out of work, getting that money back could make a difference on their grocery bill. Even more so, some people may not even log on here very often and may think it's still on and drive all the way here. We should not assume they won't try to come, costing them time and gas. The sooner a message is put out, the more likely it is that people will see it.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby twisted lines » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:34 pm

I am from Southern Oregon,
Interrupted your lunch, last year I believe; Then kept moving :chicken:
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 am