powered bike

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

powered bike

Postby Dulcimer Man » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 am

I wanted to build a powered bike and being a small man I used a 24" bike. I removed the rear wheel and built a clip on motor mount that sit directly above a go kart wheel with sproket and chain and centrifacal clutch with the engine monuted on top. I plan to have the bike with me at Lake Bistineau State Park at the LCG IV Teardrop Gethering Oct. 22-24. Dulcimer man
Dulcimer Man
Teardrop Advisor

Postby caseydog » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Bring some kind of helmet. They are pretty strict about that at Bisteneau. They made me wear one on my little yellow scooter last year.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:55 pm

caseydog wrote:Bring some kind of helmet. They are pretty strict about that at Bisteneau. They made me wear one on my little yellow scooter last year.

...I say get a colander and some string...if they are gonna have a silly rule, ya might as well have a silly "hat" to comply with that rule :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:14 am

Maybe something vintage....

Or one of those old helments with a spike on top. :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 am

It is not the fall that kills you it is the sudden stop when your head hits the pavement, and you do not have to be moving.
My wife and I (tandem) have compression tested our bike helmets once when an inline skater went in front of us (I wish I had hit her) when I dropped the front wheel off the side of the path and went down hard. I had yelled at her that we were passing but she did not hear because she was wearing head phones.
I was following a man about a quarter mile back and heard his helmet hit the pavement when he dropped his wheel off the side of the road.
My son came home with a small circle punched through the side of his helmet where the front spindle went through, about where his temple was.
There was an inline skater that was killed in Michigan when she fell backward and hit her head (no helmet).

What do you call a cyclist who does not wear a helmet, an organ donor.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

helmet

Postby Dulcimer Man » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:26 am

madjack wrote:
caseydog wrote:Bring some kind of helmet. They are pretty strict about that at Bisteneau. They made me wear one on my little yellow scooter last year.

...I say get a colander and some string...if they are gonna have a silly rule, ya might as well have a silly "hat" to comply with that rule :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
Hey Jack, I like the idea of the colander and string. If my local cops start to bother me in my neighborhood I will do that. Dulcimer man
Dulcimer Man
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Bicycles