So how do bike riders get back in shape for the spring seaso

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

So how do bike riders get back in shape for the spring seaso

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:59 am

So how do bike riders get back in shape for the spring season? What kind of work out makes sense? (Besides the obvious, riding your bike on a trainer in the basement.)

Does the Body for Life workout make sense, or is that too extreme for bike riders?

http://bodyforlife.com/exercise/trainingTips.asp

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby ERV » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 am

Mike
I keep in shape all winter moving snow. Come on down, I'll show you how it works! :lol:
The only problem is when I get home my butt gets to be the same shape as my easy chair. :cry:
But I do have the total gym I use every night, really helps keep my back from going out, Have always had back problems. Now if Janny didn't cook so good. ;)

Erv
ERV & JAN
Medina, Ohio
ERV
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mk10108 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:10 pm

First and this is VERY important.......live in a place that doesn't get below 35-45 degrees.

Second ride 3-4 times a week using a power meter. I recommend the iSport by ibike.

http://www.ibikesports.com/products_isport.html

This gadget will do more to improve your riding...made my thighs bigger in just 3 months.

What it does is show how much energy your using while riding. Slid my butt 1 inch forward and gained .5 mph. Showed getting in the drops saved 50 -80 watts for the same speed. Also the further back in the draft the less energy you use. One glance going uphill will relay if your in the best gear for climbing. Saving watts will get you riding farther.

Also has a fit test and three programs (FAT burn-Cardio-Strength) to use based on what you scored.

Body for Life could help you loose the weight which will translate to better power to weight for your bike.
mk10108
Gold Donating Member

Re: So how do bike riders get back in shape for the spring s

Postby Fenlason » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:29 pm

mikeschn wrote:So how do bike riders get back in shape for the spring season? What kind of work out makes sense? (Besides the obvious, riding your bike on a trainer in the basement.)

Does the Body for Life workout make sense, or is that too extreme for bike riders?

http://bodyforlife.com/exercise/trainingTips.asp

Mike...

I try to not get out of shape..

I snowshoe agressively,.. XC Ski.. Bike inside.. bike outside.. When the roads are at all passable.. and when the snowmobile trails are frozen.. the trail riding is great. We also get some ice time at the local hockey rink.. and race on that.

I also use my water rower.. and an elliptical machine.. kettlebell work and other weight training..

Nothing is too extreme.. :D

there is the exercise thread.. that some of us post on..
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Return to Bicycles