Timing Chip Problems?

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Timing Chip Problems?

Postby MountainBiker » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am

Has anyone had troubles with the new timing chips that are installed into number plates.

My friend did a race yesterday and there was six minutes difference between what I had on the stopwatch, and the races posted time :(

My stop watch showed the quicker time

A few people were talking about it after the race and said it works off of some type of transmitter, but I am not sure :thinking:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:23 pm

We don't have anything like that in this area.. :thinking:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby asianflava » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Could it be the difference between when you actually started the race and when you crossed the start line?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby eatatjoz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:51 pm

As you approach the speed of light time decelerates relative to the individual.
Being that he was relative to the bike his stopwatch didn't catch the difference, but the stationary device did.
congrats to your friend for breaking six minutes on two wheels.
:lol: in other words... ain't got a clue. Are these RFID, GPS, or what?
eatatjoz
Teardrop Master

Postby kennyrayandersen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:07 pm

I gave up riding for time a LONG time ago -- I must say I enjoy the bike more than ever now that the pressure is off and I ride for shear enjoyment -- highly recommended! :lol:
kennyrayandersen
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MountainBiker » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Actually, I ride for fun now, and have found my times have actually dropped. I'm to old to take it seriously.

Anyway, as far as the timing chip problem goes, I think it was one of three things. She was in the third wave that started 10mins behind the lead group, so maybe the two different timing watches were not started at the same time :thinking: . Second, when she finish the race, she actually doubled back to look at the timer, and the matt may have picked up her timing chip again :cry:

Or, I was kidnapped by space aliens for 6 mins, and in the words of Fox Mulder, all watches stop, when you are kidnapped by aliens. :lol:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:50 pm

MountainBiker wrote:Actually, I ride for fun now, and have found my times have actually dropped. I'm to old to take it seriously.

Anyway, as far as the timing chip problem goes, I think it was one of three things. She was in the third wave that started 10mins behind the lead group, so maybe the two different timing watches were not started at the same time :thinking: . Second, when she finish the race, she actually doubled back to look at the timer, and the matt may have picked up her timing chip again :cry:

Or, I was kidnapped by space aliens for 6 mins, and in the words of Fox Mulder, all watches stop, when you are kidnapped by aliens. :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: :shhh: :whistle:

inside joke.. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby BPFox » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:57 am

kennyrayandersen wrote:I gave up riding for time a LONG time ago -- I must say I enjoy the bike more than ever now that the pressure is off and I ride for shear enjoyment -- highly recommended! :lol:

The same thing happend for me when I quit keeping score when I play golf. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BPFox
Teardrop Master

Return to Bicycles