We just pulled the trigger on two of these.

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Re: We just pulled the trigger on two of these.

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 am

kirkman wrote:Cool bikes Glenn! :thumbsup:

Thanks.. :D
I should have taken a photo of the 4 of them together [I have a matching pair also]
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby tamnalan » Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm

That sounds great!

I've done some endurance road events but nothing that far off-road. I had the fun of living in California when their Triple Crown series started up. You probably already know this, but your stomach gets pretty picky on the long rides. It's all a lot more fun after the sun goes down if your belly is still reasonably happy. Gerber's baby food and Hammer products do well for me (well, did well for me - my last big ride was 10 years ago now) but I also craved some protein after the first 8 hours or so and a small can of albacore tuna / bagel worked well for me.

And let's not forget dill pickle juice... :R
tamnalan
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 am

tamnalan wrote:That sounds great!

I've done some endurance road events but nothing that far off-road. I had the fun of living in California when their Triple Crown series started up. You probably already know this, but your stomach gets pretty picky on the long rides. It's all a lot more fun after the sun goes down if your belly is still reasonably happy. Gerber's baby food and Hammer products do well for me (well, did well for me - my last big ride was 10 years ago now) but I also craved some protein after the first 8 hours or so and a small can of albacore tuna / bagel worked well for me.

And let's not forget dill pickle juice... :R

thanks.. my longest was about a 17 hour ride, with no real stomach issues.. yet it was so long ago.. I don't remember what I ate. :thinking:

I know I will have to experiment some to see what will work for me.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Previous

Return to Bicycles