10,000 miles, almost

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

10,000 miles, almost

Postby MountainBiker » Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 am

I first started cycling back in 2006 after warnings from my doctor that if I didn't look after myself better, I would get in trouble. Well, I took up cycling an decided to set myself a goal of 10,000 miles. Well after 5 bikes (all upgrades), I almost made it. Yes you guessed it. At 9,998.2 miles, I got into my first road bike crash. We were riding in a pack of about 35 riders when someone in the middle had a mechanical issue, and all the riders behind, including myself took evasive action. I had no where to go and hit the rider in front. Fortunately no-one went down. I keep my clip in's really loose so was able to get a foot out and onto the ground before I went over, but jammed my knee in the process :x
Well, after two weeks of recovery, and taking it easy, I have finally gone that extra 1.8 miles and have reached my goal. I would have been really ticked if my season was done, 1.8 miles short
So everyone, keep the rubber side down, enjoy every ride, and thank God for the time he gives us. Next to my wife (Glampergirl) cycling brings me the greatest joy. Camping is a very close third :thumbsup:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Re: 10,000 miles, almost

Postby kirkman » Sat May 26, 2012 12:17 pm

:thumbsup: :applause: :beer: :dancing: :banana: :awesome: :banana: :dancing :beer: :applause: :thumbsup:
Way to go man glad you did not realy get hurt in your first crash!
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 30, 2012 9:52 am

kirkman wrote::thumbsup: :applause: :beer: :dancing: :banana: :awesome: :banana: :dancing :beer: :applause: :thumbsup:
Way to go man glad you did not realy get hurt in your first crash!

ditto.. :thumbsup: :worship: yet at 1.8 miles short of a goal.. I would have ridden 1 legged, to get there. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby MountainBiker » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:55 pm

I was almost going to get Glampergirl to push me around the block a few times just to get in that 1.8 miles :D 8) :lol:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Flash » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Good for you! glad you were not seriously injured.
Flash
Captain Coleman

Return to Bicycles