This is why I couldn't go to IRG

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

This is why I couldn't go to IRG

Postby asianflava » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am

Saw this bike on eBay and put in a low-ball bid into a sniping service. I was flying back from my HS reunion and checked my phone, much to my surprise I won the auction. I had to pay for the auction which left me no money to go to IRG. I was getting the trailer ready and decided to run the numbers. Figured that it would take me ~$400 each way just to get there, not even including food. It would have tapped me out so I thought it would be prudent not to go.

Came in today and put it together to inspect it, the bike is nicer than I expected. Only chips I could find are at the bottom of the dropouts, on the metal parts not the carbon. It's a 2011 Felt Z5 carbon frame, fork and seatpost with Shimano 105 components. Didn't get to ride it because I couldn't find my presta adapter. Thinking about taking it in for a tune-up so that they can adjust the derailleurs and put another set of eyes on it to check it out.

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: This is why I couldn't go to IRG

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:24 pm

asianflava wrote:Saw this bike on eBay and put in a low-ball bid into a sniping service. I was flying back from my HS reunion and checked my phone, much to my surprise I won the auction. I had to pay for the auction which left me no money to go to IRG. I was getting the trailer ready and decided to run the numbers. Figured that it would take me ~$400 each way just to get there, not even including food. It would have tapped me out so I thought it would be prudent not to go.

Came in today and put it together to inspect it, the bike is nicer than I expected. Only chips I could find are at the bottom of the dropouts, on the metal parts not the carbon. It's a 2011 Felt Z5 carbon frame, fork and seatpost with Shimano 105 components. Didn't get to ride it because I couldn't find my presta adapter. Thinking about taking it in for a tune-up so that they can adjust the derailleurs and put another set of eyes on it to check it out.

Awesome.. :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Return to Bicycles