Recumbent Trikes

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Re: Recumbent Trikes

Postby Greg M » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Masa slingshots, cool!
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby bugdust » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Greg M wrote:Masa slingshots, cool!

Yeah, I have two of them. I'm also building a smaller version but it will still be large by current trike standards.
This is an older pic. I have switched to a 26" rear wheel and 20" fronts now.
bugdust
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ValerieP » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Those are fascinating looking trikes!!
ValerieP
Teardrop Builder

Postby JaggedEdges » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:56 pm

bugdust wrote:My current recumbent trikes

Ah, that's the one for my pedal power RV :D ... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62950 not very serious about that, kinda pie in the sky.
Jack of all trades, Doctor of rocket surgery and fellow of the noble college of shadetree meddlers. "in argentum tenax vinculum speramus"
JaggedEdges
Teardrop Master

Postby doris s. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:50 pm

I got a TerraTrike in April. I love it. been riding the C&O canal and Western Maryland rail trail most weekends. I'm thinking of trying a weekend bike and camp outing. I've never biked and camped so this should be interesting. I have a baby trailer (from when my kids were little) that I can pack all my stuff in an tow. We'll see how it goes.

Doris
doris s.
500 Club

Postby Ned B » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm looking at either a used Tour Easy bike, or a new Terra Trike Rover. I'm 'sleeping' on the decision for a few days.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:05 pm

:thumbsup:
doris s. wrote:I got a TerraTrike in April. I love it. been riding the C&O canal and Western Maryland rail trail most weekends. I'm thinking of trying a weekend bike and camp outing. I've never biked and camped so this should be interesting. I have a baby trailer (from when my kids were little) that I can pack all my stuff in an tow. We'll see how it goes.

Doris
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby tandempair » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:50 pm

This thread is pretty old, but I just came across it. I was so happy when I saw that others were doing a CTC to haul heir trikes. We have a tandem GreenSpeed. Hubby is blind, so he is the stoker and I am the captain. We had an 18 foot camping trailer, (a t@da) but sold It because we cant't take our trike with us when we go. We want to be able to go somewhere, ride and then have a place to sleep, cook our meals etc. Last fall we order a 6X12 foot cargo trailer that is 7 ft h height. We wanted to have a drop down bed that we could walk under when it wasn't in use, yet have our trike with us and in the CTC at night ,out of the weather and safe. We hired a friend who has done a drop down bed to do ours, but the spring is very tight and we are having problems getting it up and down, so we are looking at having the pulley system modified. We have our home for sale and after it sells we will be ordering a modular built. We want to travel arund in our CTC while it is being built. We are semi retired and can trade time off if we need too. It all sounds more fun than living in an apartment for 6 months while it is built, set and finished off inside. We like some adventure in our lives. Figure we will need to come back from wherever we are when the house is set on the foundation, but in the building tie and finishing time, we can head to warmer climates, if this all happens once the snow flies. We plan to stay at some regular campgrounds, do some rustic camping, and probably some parking lots, in between spending some time parked at friends and family.
tandempair
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Bicycles