going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby nevadatear » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 am

Jeff - I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say there is no way any of us women are going to pee in the shower!! :shock:

Warning: fairly explicit post. Roberta, Sorry, not to be argumenative, I love your posts, but I'm fessing up, I know many women, including myself, who would pee in the shower, and here is why.

As a labor and delivery room nurse, as well as a Lamaze instructor, there are many reasons I suggest peein' in the shower, all of them involving pain! After delivery and an episiotomy, or if you have small tears in the front of the birth canal that are too small to bother with stitches, the first couple of pep-pee times can be really uncomfortable in the stinging category. If you pee in the shower, it mixes with water and the sting factor goes way down. The tears in the front are right where the pee comes out (by the urethrea for you technical folks) and much more prone for stinging with peeing than a regular episiotomy is (but on the up side they are much smaller, heal faster and don't get irritated or scar like the epis does).

Other reasons to pee in the shower with water (!) include yeast or other infections, or for us over 50 folks, early menopause symptoms with loss of estrogen that makes vaginal tissues thinner, and urine irritates these sensitive tissues and mixing with water to dilute makes it less difficult and less of an uncomfortable situation! (especially after S-e-x). Let me guess, the boys are reading again!:lol:

Lastly, if you are having trouble starting to "go" , for example, after surgery, or if you are overfull, or you know it will hurt if you do, the warm water over your body (boys, go away right now, stop reading) can help with the release process. Think of the old adolescent camp trick of putting a person's hands in warm water to make them pee the bed, or your baby pee'ing every time you put him or her in the bathtub. yup, we also recommend peeing while sitting in a tub of warm water (then draining the tub of course, not bathing in it!)

Remember, unless you have a urine infection, urine is sterile, and since you have both water and presumably soap in the shower as well, you are basically washing it right down the drain, into the same place as what comes out of the toilet. I am assuming, of course, as a female, you are pretty much close to the drain, unlike a male who could be shooting for the wall! There may be an "ick" factor, but you are not making your shower a toilet. I am not recommending you replace your toilet with a shower full time, and certainly not a public shower :shock: :shock: . But occasionally, at home, with proper cleaning techniques, it's really not so icky. For me, icky trumps pain anyday! 8)

Debbie, over 50, mother of 2, school nurse. :?
Last edited by nevadatear on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby JenniferandPups » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:09 am

Barefoot wrote:
JenniferandPups wrote:Well, I've never tried this... but I had it bookmarked. Maybe I'll get the "courage" to try it sometime... but for now I love my PortaPotty!
http://web.archive.org/web/200306041049 ... nding.html

When I was much younger a somewhat younger woman told me, in her best attitude of what was then called fem-lib that the only thing men can do that women can't is back a trailer and pee standing standing up, then suddenly corrected herself and, as we were in the woods, with only a bit of difficulty overcoming her emabarrassment, demonstrated the latter. My guess is that it was her first try, especially with an audience, but it worked just fine. We never got around to a trailer-backing contest.

'

Well.... I can back a trailer. :lol: Haven't tried the latter yet! 8)
JenniferandPups
Teardrop Master

Postby robertaw » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 pm

nevadatear wrote:
Jeff - I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say there is no way any of us women are going to pee in the shower!! :shock:

Warning: fairly explicit post. Roberta, Sorry, not to be argumenative, I love your posts, but I'm fessing up, I know many women, including myself, who would pee in the shower, and here is why.

Okay I take it back. There are valid medical reasons for peeing in the shower. :lol: Having five kids I know it always stings to pee the first times after birth but I never heard of the shower thing. Even knowing it's sterile I think I would have a hard time getting past the mental block.

It's the same brain lock that will make the GG hard to use for lots of us I think. It's just hard to get past the standing up thing. We're trained to hold it until we are sitting or squatting.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby mandy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Woah what a car wreck this is becoming. I think this is a 20 car pile up of info. :shock: :lol:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm

This thread about peeing while squatting, peeing while standing up, and all the other variations reminds me of the time I was in Italy.

Got off the train in Como di Lago, and went to the public bathroom, but all I saw was a stall with tile floor, a hole in the middle of the floor, and what looked like places to put your feet on either side. I thought that I had made a mistake and wandered into the wrong bathroom, so I went outside and checked the sign again.

Turns out, I was in the ladies room, and that's just how it is done in some public restrooms. I guess you have the option of standing or squatting over the hole. :o
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby robertaw » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:13 am

iplay10us2 wrote: and went to the public bathroom, but all I saw was a stall with tile floor, a hole in the middle of the floor

I remember seeing a pic of one of those bathrooms on tv one time. If nobody told me ahead of time I would think all the fixtures were missing and the place was under construction. It would never dawn on me to pee in the drain.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Got the GO GIRL. Results on the GPMN thread.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 pm

So, in Italy, do they take off their underware? Or do they not wear any?

Sorry for these questions. Enquiring minds and all. I just can't figure it out. No matter what I've tried, I still pee on my socks.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

I've been watching this thread...

Postby monkeyfingers4 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

I ordered one and it works great.

I noticed you ladies were talking about backing a trailer. An old farmer gave me some advice. He said when you are backing, just follow the trailer and it will go where you want it. (Of course, don't follow it into the lake or anything, but it works quite well.) I was always confused about which way to turn the wheel. I was thinking too much!

I went on my first solo campout with my Teardrop a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriends from high school. (We are in our ((VERY EARLY)) 50s.) They were tent camping and sleeping in the back of a camper shell. We had a blast and they were all quite envious of my Teardrop. I looked like a pro handling my trailer. (Wait until they hear about me peeing standing up! Hee hee.) I've definitely learned something from you ladies. An old dog can do new tricks.
monkeyfingers4
Teardrop Builder

Postby fireaunt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Monkeyfingers, you better order some to share for next time! ;)
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 pm

rebapuck wrote:So, in Italy, do they take off their underware? Or do they not wear any?

Sorry for these questions. Enquiring minds and all. I just can't figure it out. No matter what I've tried, I still pee on my socks.

Well, I certainly wasn't looking to find out. :lol:

I am not sure my Spanish would have translated well enough to make me understood in Italian for that conversation.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Arne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 pm

The advice about following the trailer is right on. Just watch where your tow front fenders are going, as well... and, there is no need the rush, the slower you go, the easier it is to correct.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Miriam C. » Tue May 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Bump for newbies and fun. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby gypsy97 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Ladies,

I gotta tell ya, I know a woman that has spent a lot time living in primitive conditions, she learned how to pee standing up and says that is is a task any woman can learn. Although she is an accomplished "stander" I've actually seen her try to pee into the wind, which any guy will tell you isn't always a good idea, although the breeze feels great. I have photo evidence of her doing this, but for obvious reasons cannot present it on the forum. (she would kill me) :lol:

We will never be able to write our initials in the snow, however.
Gypsy
gypsy97
Teardrop Advisor

Postby gypsy97 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:28 pm

In the 1990's I was a long distance backpacker, and learned that on stormy nights it was better to pee inside the tent. I used a ziploc bag and it worked just fine, although I did learn to get off my sleeping bag when peeing and made my dog move back so I could move over to his sleeping pad. I also became very adept at not peeing in my boots or on my clothing. Like learning to drive a stick shift, I'm sure I will never forget these skills.

I just read this thread from beginning to end and have never laughed so hard.

Gypsy
gypsy97
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers