Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby lydiamcelroy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:39 pm

got it... cool... thanks :D .... i wanna go to minden, but i have to work :(... but... I was at the IRG last year and i will definatly be at it again next year :D
Lydia McElroy
(Ladybug!!!)
lydiamcelroy
Teardrop Builder

ladies and tears

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:40 am

Hey are we losing momentum? We arent on the top page anymore! Are the ladies going to Minden still planning on coming up with a design logo for tee whirts. i hoope so. Kevin knows how to make this a sticky to keep it on top., does anyone else know how to do that? I dont want to lose this link.

Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:46 am

I don't know anything about a T shirt, but we'll try to pose for a pretty picture !!! REMEMBER About that ladies? Me and Karol and her friend Tammie will be in the main campground .

I've still got SOOOOOO Much last minute stuff I need/want to do , but can't wait to get there !!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: ladies and tears

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:27 pm

keneunice wrote:Hey are we losing momentum? We arent on the top page anymore! Are the ladies going to Minden still planning on coming up with a design logo for tee whirts. i hoope so. Kevin knows how to make this a sticky to keep it on top., does anyone else know how to do that? I dont want to lose this link.

Eunice

Eunice I don't know about making this a sticky but if you want to keep it where you can find it you can book mark it or make a desk cut. That's what I did. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

bookmark

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:40 pm

thanks Miriam I did a bookmark. I hadnt thought of that.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Gaelen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:00 pm

I read the forum by clicking on 'new posts since last visit,' and this thread is usually on the list every day--but I can usually only drop in once a day.

Today is different because today I became a Sunspot owner!
http://www.sunlineclub.com/docs/78sun2.pdf

I know in this brochure, it looks kind of big, but it's actually teardrop size (in fact, some tears are longer and wider.) It has a galley area in the back, accessible through two doors which swing open instead of a lift up hatch. It's only 4'9" wide by about 10ft. long, under 650 lbs., floor space = a double mattress, 52" interior height and about 66" exterior height.

Sunspots were made by Sunline in the mid70s to mid80s, then discontinued. This one has a hookup for water (but no tank), 12V power, 12v battery and two 12v wired lights inside (but no 110 hookup), a roof vent, but didn't ever have the optional propane line and stove (which is fine with me--I'll just use my camp stove and I'm learning to use a DO. There are tarp rails built on to the top side and top back for canopies (included, with poles), but depending on what shape they're in, it may be easier to use some other type of shelter for the galley and side door.

I love the tears I've seen up close and in the albums here, but for a lot of reasons just can't do a complete build myself right now. I have no shop space, and would have to rent dry and heated workspace for 8+ months of the year in these parts. Also, I really want to be able to camp this summer and fall, even if I do customize and modify some things as I go along. I was actually trolling eBay for used/barebones tears when I stumbled on the Sunspot.

The Sunspot fits that bill--everything works and seals tight, and it doesn't appear to have any leaks (we've had a couple days of rain recently, so leaks should have shown up.) As soon as I pick up the trailer tags and a T-connector for my truck's wiring harness, I can hitch it up, pack it up and go camping. But there's lots of room for me to customize/modify/retrofit--the previous owner gutted most of the original setup (including the bolsters, interior table, water tank and kitchen sink.) As weather permits, I'll be working on some small cosmetic dings I want to fix quickly--one in the door that is through the first layer of aluminum but doesn't penetrate into the interior, and other little trim chips and cracks around the edges of the windows. The stone shield awning on the front window is gone, so I'll get a canvas replacement crafted by the local boat supply company. I'd like to put a platform back on the tongue and move the 12v battery back to its original spot there, wire it for 110v shore power, and wire it so that the 12v battery charges either with a solar panel or off the car battery as I drive, or both...just a few little things I can maybe get done this summer. :thumbsup:

It's a very cool feeling to move from dreaming about owning my own camper to actually owning one...if placing the deposit until the DMV tags come in counts as owning one. It sure feels like it does! Pics and a full album to come as soon as I bring her home, probably toward the end of next week!
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby Joanne » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:58 pm

lydiamcelroy wrote:got it... cool... thanks :D .... i wanna go to minden, but i have to work :(... but... I was at the IRG last year and i will definatly be at it again next year :D

Hey Lydia!

How have you been? We camped just across from you at the IRG with the 1 tent trailer and 4 dogs . :lol: How's school going?

You still have one of the cutest tears ever!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:01 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Hey Gaelen that is a cool camper! Congratulations or the addition to the family. 8)

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Joanne » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Gaelen wrote:I read the forum by clicking on 'new posts since last visit,' and this thread is usually on the list every day--but I can usually only drop in once a day.

Today is different because today I became a Sunspot owner!
<snip>

I posted on the other thread too, but wanted to drop in here and pass along my congratulations! I think it's neat that you got the Sunspot. I always liked that profile for a TTT. It sounds like you have some good ideas for "fixing her up". I think it's going to be a great little trailer for you.

I think I would have bought one if I found one at the right price before starting my build. Cool little trailers!

Congrats again!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:50 pm

Gaelen,

A friend of mine here in COLO has a Sunspot.... it is cute! and has a lot of room!!! congrat's enjoy it.... :applause:

Pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

sunspot

Postby Eunice » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:05 am

What a cute TTT. You will have the advantage of being able to cope with bad weather. It is really cute. I like it.
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Eunice » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:11 am

[quote="Gaelen"]I read the forum by clicking on 'new posts since last visit,' and this thread is usually on the list every day--

teach me something new please. Where is it that you click for just new posts since last visit. I am not seeing how to do that. thanks for your help

Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Re: new posts

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:20 am

keneunice wrote:
Gaelen wrote:I read the forum by clicking on 'new posts since last visit,' and this thread is usually on the list every day--

teach me something new please. Where is it that you click for just new posts since last visit. I am not seeing how to do that. thanks for your help

Eunice

From the index screen, look at the top right of the section box. It's right below the Pamplin Grove link.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: new posts

Postby Gaelen » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:23 am

keneunice wrote:
Gaelen wrote:I read the forum by clicking on 'new posts since last visit,' and this thread is usually on the list every day--

Eunice

Eunice, when you first get to the web page, in the upper right corner under the Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers banner with all the links and stuff, are three blue lines flush right in small type. One of them is "View New Posts since Last Visit" or something like that. Click on it, and it will show you every new thread since your last visit. Since I only have a few minutes to skim posts on workdays (and lately every day is a work day!), "view new posts" is my coping mechanism.

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes...The Sunspot IS terribly cute. Okay, it's adorable. I actually said "oh, it's adorable" out loud to the 6'3" RV dealer when I saw it, and he laughed. Then I climbed in and all over it taking measurements and checking for soft spots and leaks, and he couldn't believe that I could sit up inside it on the little rubbermaid stool that was in there, without hitting my head, and lay down with a good foot to spare the long way. I really want to pick it up sooner, but I need to get the trailer hitch attached to my bumper, pick up the wiring pigtail, wait for the new tags from DMV, and somehow fit in a wake, funeral and graveside service before I can do that...so middle of next week just made more sense. Teardrop time. ;)
But when I pick it up, there will be pics, lots of 'em, I promise. A full set of 'before's' just waiting for the 'afters' and the camping shots, of course.

I do have a few mods already in mind, but I want to take it out camping for a couple of nights just to get a feel for her before I start modifying anything. It needs a good cleaning, and the ding in the door needs to be fixed before it can be out in the rain, but that's all that has to happen before I can take it out...and push come to shove, a 2" square of clear sealing tape would take care of the door, and it'll clean up in an afternoon.

If I don't have to work, I might even be able to take it camping the weekend of June 23-24...or the weekend before 4th of July for sure.
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby lydiamcelroy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 pm

[quote="Joanne"][quote="lydiamcelroy"]got it... cool... thanks :D .... i wanna go to minden, but i have to work :(... but... I was at the IRG last year and i will definatly be at it again next year :D[/quote]

Hey Lydia!

How have you been? We camped just across from you at the IRG with the 1 tent trailer and 4 dogs . :lol: How's school going?

You still have one of the cutest tears ever!

Joanne[/quote]

school's great! i'm lovin it! and my job is great... except when people come in for dentures... thats just nasty... lol...
Lydia McElroy
(Ladybug!!!)
lydiamcelroy
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers