Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

Postby Mary C » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Becky, CRA for me, I hope to see you there. my pict is in my gallery I really don't look like my avatar. That was my horse spot. he died in April. I am building mine now I gotta get going on it as July is coming fast. Welcome to Jan and Stacie. Becky you did a really nice job on yours. Jan I know you are excited about yours. I hope some day mine will look good. For now I am putting in all my present camping stuff and throwing in whatever till I get the chance to finish and buy all the things i want. I know decorating is really neat but I have a decorating deformity. What I think will look good doesn't. I have come to admit it is true so 62 and I am being truthful with my abilities . when I try,... well like my late husband said, " honey God gave you lots of talent in many departments but in the decorating dept. I don't think he opened the door, Not even a crack. :lol: " ok so orange and yellow curtains in a blue room doesn't work but the did in the magazine" This has been the story of my decorating life!!!! I am not a decorator :lol: But to you I salute you and the other ladies :wine: I will have my new drink at CRA on Friday nite. so come by and try it.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Verna » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Of course I'm going to the CRA :thumbsup: I have to see Becky's new teardrop :D And meet a lot of new friends.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

Thanks Becky and love your interior... and exterior!

Mary condolences on losing Spot. He was a beauty! I'd definitely noticed and love seeing your avatar around the forum.

Sorry to be clueless but what and where is CRA?
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Verna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:59 am

Crossroads of America (CRA)--a teardrop gathering the last weekend in July at McCormick's State Park, Indiana. There are currently over 120 TD's and TTT's registered for the gathering.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:03 am

Ah, thanks Verna. That'll be too far for me since I'll have just returned from MI a few weeks earlier. Wonder if I can make it next year? :thinking: And sadly I missed the Dam Gathering this year. It's practically in my backyard so I'll have to attend it for sure next year.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Verna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:06 am

Stacie, I figured your travels would make you miss it by just a bit. You'll have to wait until 2015 for the next one. It's a bi-annual gathering like the IRG.

By the way, have a safe trip!!!
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks Verna!

And good to know about CRA! That works out better. Next year my long trip is going to be Northern CA to Southern CA, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. I have a lot of friends to visit. 2015 can be Indiana and I can go visit Fred again while I'm out that way.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Mary and Verna, I'll be seeing you there!! I am really looking forward to meeting both of you since we've been "friends" for so long. We're in site 14. (Mary....I doubt your decorating instincts are as bad as you make out and I am looking forward to checking your foam work.)

Stacie, I'll see you in 2015 and looking forward to seeing that cute little trailer of yours.

Thanks Miriam.

Have a nice weekend everyone!!
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Verna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Site 5 here, Becky. Since I re-retired last week, Sunny Day and I may just get there a bit early and do some exploring and relaxing.

Hey, Mary, you and I are in the same boat. The decorating gene went to both of my sisters, and bypassed me :oops: But, since my 4-wide was red, white and blue, I accumulated a lot of red and white for the galley. So, I decided the new 5x10 SS will be red and white inside. Except I forgot I bought denim blue jersey sheets that I love. So, the cabin has a red, white and blue quilt with denim blue jersey sheets, and the galley is red and white. That's easy--you can always find red, white and blue :thumbsup: And, I know they go together, too :applause:
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Becky, I am in campsite 9. I plan to go visiting on Saturday to meet as many people as I can. I am going to take my list of who's in the campsite and take pictures That way I will know who's in the pictures and who's TD's. I am so trying to get the TD road worthy by then. I am ahead of my build and have been doing a lot of other things too but that will soon be over. I have one more trip to get a big mirror that sits on top of the dresser I got last week. I'm moving my son's excess stuff to my house. I will be really putting it together soon!!!!! then it will be wait till it dries!!!!

Stacie, hopefully I will be going on my Big Trip to "see" all the things on my Bucket list, Perhaps this Ga lady will get to meet you on that trip!!!!

Verna, all my friends say I am so crafty and can sew a storm but I can't decorate. and they are right.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Mary definitely let me know if you come to Northern CA. I'd love to meet up. If you have a destination cool. If not I could be a concierge if you need any suggestions of places to visit or things to do. I kind of get around :)
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks Stacie I want to see all those things my mother talked about and those things I have heard of all my life. I plan to leave GA and take 2-3 months to see everything on my list. I know some of the things are not important to some but to me it is going to be a fun trip, my bucket list. I will start my trip with the idea that I can stay where I can, utilizing Walmart parking lots Pilot truck stops and friends driveways. I want as many free places as possible. I am arming myself with all sorts of free parking and places to stay. I am on SS so money will play a part of my travels. I am looking at the National Forests camping areas since I can camp without electricity. I know lots of places in North GA that are great camping spots that are free. I have camped and traveled all over all my life but I will be looking for the occasional driveways for a rest and information that can be found. I have two years to get all my info together so If you are on here you will get a shout out when I get ready to leave.

until then, it is tearjerkers and happy camping!!!

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 am

How cool! What a great adventure! Well, in two years time I'll hopefully have some "free" local suggestions for you when it comes to places to park in Northern CA :thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Pnerissa » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 am

Hi, I'm Beverly.

I've been camping for years, usually in a tent or hammock tent. Just bought my first micro-camper last week. Can't wait to take it out and actually enjoy using it. I suspect (unless I do a quick run to Rocky Bayou SP or Henderson Beach SP) that my first outing will be over at St. Joseph Peninsula SP when scallop season starts next month. :)

Teeter Tot by Pnerissa, on Flickr

Bev
Pnerissa
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mary C » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:12 pm

That is so cute and welcome! I don't know exact ally where you are but the fishing trip with the thought of scallops , well lets just say I love to fish. I live just off I20 at the state line between GA and Ala. and because of priorities I have not been fishing this summer. I haven't been camping either. Who made that little teeter tot? does it open in the back? you know all my other questions................ Again Welcome.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers