Quilting Bee anyone?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Quilting Bee anyone?

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:54 pm

I am surprised your local shop doesn't ave more of a selection of fat quarters. The two i frequent have tons. You aren't doing anything wrong, it s just cheap, bad fabric.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby celticquetzel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:06 am

I've was working over the winter on major sewing projects that necessitated going to Joanns about twice a week under deadline pressure. Very limiting and frustrating. Use coupons for everything. Avoid really cheap cotton or any other low quality fabric. (For example, I needed lots of satin so only buy Casa Collection as the other brands they mix in are unusable.) Look all over the store. They just started mixing poor brands with higher quality and you can really get mixed up. TRY online stores. Find local independents. Figure out the slow times as they limit the number of workers here to two- making Sat impossible. They got to know me and if I didn't have a coupon they would find one for me. And plan lots of time. Note their outdoor fabric is NOT Sumbrella and fades something awful. I find their batik cottons good if you can find them on sale. Hope this helps. I can easily spend more time shopping than sewing. :mad:
celticquetzel
Teardrop Master

Postby bonnie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Just couldn't help myself. Here's a shot of the baby quilt I posted being enjoyed by my grandkiddos. Just love this shot.

I'm also currently working on the trailer's quilt. It's QAYG and I have been having a blast. I'll post a :pictures: when it's done. Hopefully soon.
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:24 am

Looks like they love it.

I went to The Sewing & Quilt Expo in Raleigh NC yesterday. Got all revved up with inspiration. Didn't spend as much as I anticipated (everyone carried the same thing), but I'm seriously considering a Koala cabinet. They seem extremely well made and are beautiful. One is perfect for my space. But mucho dollars. I might treat myself as I've been undergoing treatment for breast cancer for the last year. Tiresome thing. I will decide after I check out a cheaper Arrow Cabinet on Tuesday. Anyone have either brand?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby doug hodder » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Nobody quilting? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh, here you are Doug :D
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby rebapuck » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 am

I"ve pieced a center panel for a Quilt Of Valor. About 150 or so 3" nine patch blocks checkerboarded with solid. I've put it aside for now (tired of it) to start another. One with BIG blocks.

I did buy the Koala cabinet. Waited 3 months for the custom cut insert for my Kenmore machine. Don't know how it could take three months, but it did...and it didn't fit. Now I'm getting frustrated with Koala about replacing it. They seem to think an insert is like a jigsaw puzzle and you have to finagle it to fit. I say it just drops in around the machine. This one doesn't fit and sent the pictures to show it. I'll be making a pattern to cut my own inserts for my other machines.

My favorite baby quilt is the bowtie one I made a couple years ago in anticipation of a birth, but everyone is spitting out girls. Thought I had a boy to give it to last week, but foiled again.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Judy....sorry to hear about the Koala cabinet. Those aren't an inexpensive item so it's got to be a drag to not have the insert fit! We've got a couple of local groups that are doing Quilts of Valor projects. I need to get one done, but am mired in samples for the store. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby rebapuck » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Does anyone else have Electric Quilt? I've just emailed them but maybe someone here can clue me in.

I installed EQ7 on a new computer. I hooked up to the Internet and activated the program. Then I disconnected the computer because I am using it in another room and only for EQ7. No Internet needed. Or so I thought. Every time I log on, I get a reminder that I need to validate in so many days. It's counting down. I really do not want to have to periodically mess with reconnecting. Someone tell me I don't have to.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Tinbasher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:29 am

Hi

Mrs Tinbasher tells me that "activation" needs to be done once for each installation as you only get five installations per copy of EQ.

Once activated on any computer you are free to use it offline but one installation is knocked off your allowance.

Here is one of Mrs Ts quilts.

A person can never own too many tools or have too many ideas or have too much interesting and useful stuff in the garage.
Tinbasher
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rebapuck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 am

Does Mrs T have to "validate" every couple months? My edition says I can install unlimited times, just no more than two computers at a time.

Haven't heard back from EQ, Koala, or Family Handyman. Is there something wrong with me? How could they tell?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Tinbasher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 am

rebapuck wrote:Does Mrs T have to "validate" every couple months? My edition says I can install unlimited times, just no more than two computers at a time.

Haven't heard back from EQ, Koala, or Family Handyman. Is there something wrong with me? How could they tell?

Elaine says no one validation does the job.

Just a thought but would switching off or blocking cookies stop the computer from "Remembering" it had registered?
A person can never own too many tools or have too many ideas or have too much interesting and useful stuff in the garage.
Tinbasher
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rebapuck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm

I"ve just heard back from EQ. No way around the re=validation every 60 days. Perhaps I should go wi-fi. At least then I wouldn't have to unplug one computer to plug in another. Would I?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Tinbasher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Elaine says EQ6 didn't have that issue. Maybe go back to the older version?
Tinbasher
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rebapuck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Not if I have to buy it again.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers