Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:01 am

Pnerissa wrote:Hi, I'm Beverly.

I've been camping for years, usually in a tent or hammock tent. Just bought my first micro-camper last week. Can't wait to take it out and actually enjoy using it. I suspect (unless I do a quick run to Rocky Bayou SP or Henderson Beach SP) that my first outing will be over at St. Joseph Peninsula SP when scallop season starts next month. :)

Teeter Tot by Pnerissa, on Flickr

Bev

Welcome, Bev. That's a cute little trailer. I don't believe pictures of one like that have been posted before. We'd love to see some pictures of the inside and, if you have a galley, pictures of that, too. Here's hoping that our forum will give an experienced traveler like youself some unexpected new ideas plus enlarge your group of friends and camping buddies! :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby P'colaTear » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I have always wanted to go "scalloping", but never had the opportunity. If you plan to go, I might be interested in joining you.
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Bev and welcome aboard! Good morning ladies :)

You have a cute lil camper there! Please share some inside pics with us...we love looking at pictures instead of working (which I am doing at the moment).

Not sure which part of Florida you are in but I'm in Tampa and we are having a fun gathering that I'd like to invite you to in October at Paynes Prairie SP, close to Tallahassee (I think...I'll double check that). It's October 24-25-26 and leave 27th. I'm arriving the 24th and others will arrive the 25th. There will be a couple of Teardrops and lots of vintage campers, or should I say Trailers because the "campers" aren't vintage...we are forever young!! ;)

If you would like to join us, I'm in site 47. This is a great group and we are always looking for new campers. And that invitation is open to anyone!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby deleted » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:58 am

Hi Beverly,

Welcome and love your little micro-camper. From the shape it looks like it must be pretty spacious inside.

Your Payne's Prarie gathering sounds like fun Becca! Having just driven cross country I won't be making it to FL this year but so kind of you to post such a welcoming invite! Of course we'll want to see pictures after it's wrapped up :)
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jksbusiness » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Becky, everthing looks great! I love the wood detail by the pillows.
:awesome:
Jan
Topeka, Kansas
4x7 Little Deuce (NuCamp)
jksbusiness
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jksbusiness » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Stacie Tamaki wrote:I watched forums, eBay and Craigslist for months looking for something vintage to buy before deciding I should design and build my own tiny trailer. I even took a welding and metal shop class :lol: ......Looking forward to see how you customize your trailer. It's exciting when they're a blank canvas and anything is possible.

That,is very much my story Stacie. I started my exploration on the web for all things teardrop. I decided in the end that I wanted to know that the trailer was well built and by folks that had a lot of experience constructing these wondeful camping miracles. I will be "working" on my little trailer posting the mods here on TnTTT. I am glad that you found such a great talent. What a gem, you rock Fred!
:)
Jan
Topeka, Kansas
4x7 Little Deuce (NuCamp)
jksbusiness
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:20 am

Thank you Jan!!
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby catleppert » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:04 am

Hi there, Lady TDers!

Theresa L. here. My hubby and I both share this login, though I do most of the posting. He's a lurker, LOL. I'm a chatty Cathy. Hubby and I are currently building my own little TD, a 4 x 8, for me to use when I go camping with the Sisters on the Fly. He has almost finished our 6 x 10 Benroy Style TD, which we have been camping in since last September.

I have all the pictures from his build, just need to organize them and put into a build thread. The big TD took about 2.5 years to complete due to life intervening, him getting frustrated when something wouldn't work the way he wanted, or just various little setbacks.

My little TD is going to be very basic, down and dirty, and we have a deadline to have it done by the end of September soI can camp in it at a SOTF outing in October. Here is a pic of the design, which we are tweaking a bit each time we look at it.

catleppert
Teardrop Master

Postby Zipline65 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Beverly,
I see that you bought a Getaway trailer. Are you happy with it? What are you dong for galley/cooking area? I've been thinking of one of those.
Liz (zipline65)
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Welcome Liz, Beverly and Theresa. I have been a little busy this past 3 weeks and now things are settling down a bit and I can check on the threads and "see" what I have missed. Got back from CRA, had a blast. I hope to get to meet you ladies in the future, Who knows this trip went really well. I know when I finish my TD I will be going camping .

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby akjrusty » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:13 am

Wow- I need to go back and read this whole thread but wanted to introduce myself. I just ordered a teardrop(no space to make my own) and should have it in about a month. Once i get get, my dog and I will be out camping a lot! My name is Amy and I live in Portland, OR. DOne a lot of camping and just finished up some things that took most of my time for a few years so am getting back into it. And then realized how uncomfortable I was sleeping on the ground :) Looking forward to seeing some of you on the road!
akjrusty
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

akjrusty wrote:Wow- I need to go back and read this whole thread but wanted to introduce myself. I just ordered a teardrop(no space to make my own) and should have it in about a month. Once i get get, my dog and I will be out camping a lot! My name is Amy and I live in Portland, OR. DOne a lot of camping and just finished up some things that took most of my time for a few years so am getting back into it. And then realized how uncomfortable I was sleeping on the ground :) Looking forward to seeing some of you on the road!

Welcome aboard Amy! Give us more info on your new Teardrop to-be...what size, one or two doors, pictures?? Congratulations and can't wait to see how you decorate your new baby. I think we've all passed sleeping on the ground stage too. I had a 5'x10' Teardrop and loved her. I don't have any building skills or room even if I could so one for sale fell in my lap only a few miles from me. Then I decided I wanted a standee so I sold her and bought a 77 Scotty HiLander trunkback. She's a big girl compared to the Teardrop but I love her.

Be sure and take lots of pics to share with us...we can't get enough of pictures. Again, welcome and enjoy! :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Image Amy....We do love the pictures and we don't care if everyone else has the same one.... :D :D :pictures: Same story here. I can no longer get up off the ground so needed a real bed.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby breesha03 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 am

Hello, happy campers! I'm a new, first-time teardrop owner and am truly excited to meet fellow camp enthusiasts. This site looks like the perfect place to be....I've been admiring posts for quite some time now. Can't wait to be a part of the journey!

Introducing the Weekend Escape Pod, aka the "Camo Bomb".....she's been good to me so far; can't wait for more adventures.
Attachments
rps20131020_094513.jpg
rps20131020_094513.jpg (48.61 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
rps20131020_094438.jpg
rps20131020_094438.jpg (63.63 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Banker by week, adventurer by weekend.
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 am

Welcome, breesha03. Glad you're enjoying the forum! While this year's camp season is dwindling down, we hope you will attend a camp gathering in the future!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers