Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby lcurrie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:22 am

Hi All,

Lynn here from Austin, Texas.

I'm building in tandem with a good friend who's teaching me woodworking skills along the way.

We finished the floors late last summer than had to put our project aside for a few months.

Even though we haven't made much progress, i've really enjoyed the process. We're about to jump back in and see how much we can get done before summer hits!

We're building slightly modified Cubbys. Design-wise, i'm going for post-modern, loft style with mine. I'm not sure what that's going to mean in a 4 x 8 space, but i'm sure i'll come up with something!
lcurrie
Silver Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:09 am

Juli n Bill wrote: The thing that gets me kind of annoyed though, is everyone assumes Bill built the tear himself. :x

Don't be annoyed it's normal. I was speaking with Paul about this just a few minutes ago. Most of the men in our lives who have seen the trailer believe that Paul has done all the work. He's always quick to say to the guys that it's Lynn's design or Lynn did this and that. Some of the guys are now comfortable talking with me about the build. And even a few, now know to go to me to explain how to do this or that.

It's like bringing the car to the mechanic and having him say let me explain this to your husband...NOW that used to get my blood boiling.

What really surprises me is when other woman look at me like I have two heads for doing this. Overall I think the guys do better than the gals accepting that women can build these awesome trailers.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:09 am

WOW !!! You gals really have fine work compared to mine... ! This is the first thing I've really "built" other than painting, and remodeling kinda stuff and tons of crafty stuff.... so I had lots of help and borrowed tools from my handy neighbor Phil. He does insist that I built it though, he's modest! haha

Even with some of my flaws (trim is such a great cover up!haha) and the fact that it's painted wood, not stained or aluminum, and no fancy doors and drawers.... it's still my little Jewel Box !!!!!

OH ! and for those going to Minden in June.... I have an idea about a group picture.... More later...

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:11 am

ps......

Did any of you ladies bedazzle your tool belt or add rhinestones to your safety goggles? haha :lol:
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:00 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Even with some of my flaws (trim is such a great cover up!haha)

Absolutely, isn't that what it's for? 8)

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:30 pm

So who's missing on this thread??? ForestFrog... Courtney.... Sunny16.... Teardrop Nanny.... who else???
c'mon gals
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mfkaplan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi!
Haven't had my teardrop quite a year yet. It's a refurbished one. Started out very basic with nothing inside. Now it has windows that open, insulation, a vent, cupboards, electricity, and two doors. Like many of you, I had never built anything before. Iv'e had a lot of fun with it and met some wonderful people. Have more pictures to go in my album, just haven't got them there. Finally figured out how to put a picture in a message

Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Postby mincey » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:So who's missing on this thread??? ForestFrog... Courtney.... Sunny16.... Teardrop Nanny.... who else???
c'mon gals

And how about that gal, Lydia I believe her name was, who was the high school senior that built her teardrop as her senior project! I know she's in college now, and probably not checking the forums as much, but I was sure impressed with her!

I took the easy way out - bought a T@B clamshell LOL I really wanted a Camp-Inn, but hubby wanted something to at least stand up in. So the clamshell was our compromise. :) The things we do for our hubbies!
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Just a note

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Hey, all you lady teardroppers.
Dave says I fit this category because I helped plan the Bluebonnet Tear. I do love sleeping in her. My sister says the Bluebonnet is just like the club house we always wanted when we were kids. When we started building, I bought a microwave, refrigerator, and airconditioner. I told Dave to build the tear around that. I did do the artwork on the Bluebonnet. In fact, I did it 3 times as Dave rebuilt.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm just looking forward to meeting all you ladies at the ITG come June. :yes: And you are all doing/done a great job on your teardrops. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:42 am

mfkaplan, Cheryl, and Cindy...... way kewl !!!! IT ALL COUNTS!!! haha
Some of you did everything from the welding on up,,, others did all the planning and small jobs and interior design ... and yes, to prove it... the exterior remodeling....

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:33 am

It is just awesome to hear from all the ladies who are out there and not afraid to just do it.

I love it!!! I'm not the lone weirdo going into Home Depot getting strange looks as I load up on sanding disks, varnish and brushes, stainless steel screws, 1x2s, hinges, electric nailer and sheets of plywood---and not needing any help with it by now! :D
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:59 am

NutmegJoe wrote:It is just awesome to hear from all the ladies who are out there and not afraid to just do it.

I love it!!! I'm not the lone weirdo going into Home Depot getting strange looks as I load up on sanding disks, varnish and brushes, stainless steel screws, 1x2s, hinges, electric nailer and sheets of plywood---and not needing any help with it by now! :D

You said it , sister! haha

And remember something my late carpenter dad taught me

" Work smart , not hard" ....

that applies to alot of things!!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:05 am

oklahomajewel wrote:ps......

Did any of you ladies bedazzle your tool belt or add rhinestones to your safety goggles? haha :lol:

Well, I purposely bought 2 pairs of heavy duty scissors w/hot pink handles (from fabric store)...I just wanted to keep it real,...real feminine around my shop (or garage :) ) Now, I bet you won't find hot pink scissors in a man's workspace! :thumbsup:

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Todah Tear wrote:
oklahomajewel wrote:ps......

Well, I purposely bought 2 pairs of heavy duty scissors w/hot pink handles (from fabric store)...I just wanted to keep it real,...real feminine around my shop (or garage :) ) Now, I bet you won't find hot pink scissors in a man's workspace! :thumbsup:

Todah

I'm with you...I got myself a hot pink extension cord. No one should mistake that for theirs when I'm out camping!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers