Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:32 pm

I thought of that too.... they sell that dip stuff , in the paint section. Like you can dip the handles of your screwdrive etc in it to 'mark ' it I guess... they have flourescent orange and yellow.... maybe hot pink or blue too...

And I know Ace hardware has some flower-y print tools! haha

I thought last night of taking this little toolbox, just for taking on the td trips, and painting it up to match my Jewel Box and labeling it

Jewel's Tools
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby AmyH » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:20 pm

I haven't really been on the board in a while, but saw this thread while skimming through the new posts. I am still a ways off from completing mine, and I have been a bit disgruntled lately waiting for the weather to stop being so darned rainy (darn Pacific NW). I have the sides ready to fiberglass/epoxy, but the humidity has been too high with all the rain. I feel like it will go a lot faster once I get the sides fiberglassed, so I am crossing my fingers for a relatively dry weekend. I am aiming to have it done before the summer camping season gets going, so the weather better start cooperating. :lol:

I am getting serious envy looking at all the nice photos of "finished" tears you gals have posted! Very very nice work indeed!! :thumbsup: :applause:
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Mary K » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:33 pm

AmyH wrote:I haven't really been on the board in a while, but saw this thread while skimming through the new posts. I am still a ways off from completing mine, and I have been a bit disgruntled lately waiting for the weather to stop being so darned rainy (darn Pacific NW). I have the sides ready to fiberglass/epoxy, but the humidity has been too high with all the rain. I feel like it will go a lot faster once I get the sides fiberglassed, so I am crossing my fingers for a relatively dry weekend. I am aiming to have it done before the summer camping season gets going, so the weather better start cooperating. :lol:

I am getting serious envy looking at all the nice photos of "finished" tears you gals have posted! Very very nice work indeed!! :thumbsup: :applause:

Hey Amy, I was wondering if you were still around. :D

You should post some of those pic's of you your amazing craftwomanship. :thumbs up1:

Ladies, if you have not seen her work, let me tell ya, It ROCKS!!!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby peggyearlchris » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:07 pm

:D Hi, ladies. Peggy from Corpus Christi, Texas. I started my build this past summer but there have been a few set backs in my life and now I hope to start building again. I sure wished I knew how to post some pics. I have my tools and nail guns painted pink. Now the guys at work want touch them. Ha,Ha!! I have really enjoyed watching you ladies build. Hopefully some day I can make a gathering and meet some of you. I'm building a 5'x10'. I'm getting ready to start my sides. Take care. You girls rock. :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi Peggy,
I post pictures first by having two windows open.
Open the post in one window and the album in the other. Now toggle back and forth.

*In the album click on the picture--- click to highlight the url in the right corner (if you right click it will highlight and open a box to copy)---click copy and close the picture.

toggle back to the post window---push Img---paste---close tags.

To post a second picture repeat the steps * without submitting the first picture.
Last edited by Miriam C. on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby martha24 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Todah Tear wrote:
oklahomajewel wrote:ps......

Did any of you ladies bedazzle your tool belt or add rhinestones to your safety goggles? haha :lol:

Well, I purposely bought 2 pairs of heavy duty scissors w/hot pink handles (from fabric store)...I just wanted to keep it real,...real feminine around my shop (or garage :) ) Now, I bet you won't find hot pink scissors in a man's workspace! :thumbsup:

Todah

That sounds like are really cute idea! I have some tools that I just as soon have nobody else touch.
Too bad I don't like the color pink. :lol:
Martha :)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Lady Teardropper's

Postby wolfiebites » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 pm

You go ladies! I didn't build my tear, but I love it!

I'am very impressed, with all of you.
Jan Keller
Camp-Inn 550 Ultra
wolfiebites
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gaelen » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:18 pm

I think I'm envious of all of you. And ladies, fine work!
I'm in the studying, taking notes and sketching phase, where I've been since I stopped lurking and officially registered last fall...but I visit regularly to be inspired and to admire... 8) And that's several steps ahead of where I was a year ago, when I was just admiring teardrops from afar.

I'd love to build my own tear, and even have a few ideas of ways I'd like to modify some of the traditional designs. But I also want to be able to camp as soon as the weather breaks this spring, and I don't have any indoor or in any way enclosed area in which I can do shop work. So right now I'm looking and patiently chasing down leads on barebones and second-hand tears, working to find one where the major building is done but maybe I'll be able to customize/do some finish work. I can manage some interior and exterior finish work, depending on how extensive it is, under cover of my carport once we're out of central NY's finest weather. 'Course right now, we're taking ark-building bids. :roll:

I did some woodworking and building restoring rooms in my first house, a 100-y.o. victorian, but now I have a pretty simple tool kit so at least I can go tool shopping against the day that I need them. ;)

Fingers crossed that my projects at work will time correctly so that I can go up to Fish Creek this June to meet some of the people whose posts I've been reading and admiring...fingers crossed.
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby Joanne » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi Sally,

I'm close to having it on the road and am starting to plan on attending some teardrop and Dutch Oven gatherings. I'm sure I'll be down in AZ before long. I have some friends down there so it will be fun to see everyone again. What part of Arizona do you live in?

Since I didn't build drawers either, I love your idea of buying Ikea's drawers. Simple is better, right?

Cograts on your trailer!

Joanne

savano wrote:Hi Joanne, the Desert Dawg is looking great. When do we get to see it in person?

<snip>

One of my goals was to have a simple, organized kitchen so I wanted drawers which I knew I could not construct. So I bought Ikea's box of drawers for $10. Will post pics soon.

<snip>

Hope to hear from all the other gals! Sally
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 pm

Jeanette

You have one of the nicest tears around! I just love how it came out. I hope to see it in person before too long. If work doesn't mess me up I'm thinking about heading up for the Robber's Roost.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 pm

Hey Mary K!

You are doing us all proud with your build girl! I've really been impressed with how nicely it has come out. You do really nice work and it shows throughout your build.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Re: Lady Teardropper's

Postby Joanne » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:02 am

Hi Jan,

You don't have to be a builder to be a teardropp'n lady! In all honesty, I was too cheap to buy one. :roll: I'm glad you joined us here and hope to meet you at one of the gatherings. I'll be the one with all the Dutch ovens next to my tear.

Joanne

wolfiebites wrote:You go ladies! I didn't build my tear, but I love it!

I'am very impressed, with all of you.

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby peggyearlchris » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:47 pm

:) Aunti M, thanks for the help. I'll get my husband to help. He's better on the computer than I am. I love to see the ladies builds. Go girls. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby peggyearlchris » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm not sure I did it right on posting a picture of my build so far. sorry I still don't know how.

Peg, I added the most recent photo in your album for you so you can see what the code should look like. If you click edit on this post you can see the arrangement of the img tags with the url. You can also check out the help with photos link upstairs in the menu.
Hope this helps, KevinA
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Italia » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:29 pm

Now that I know that you don't have to have built your own teardrop to be a Lady Teardropper, I'm posting. I am teardrop obsessed! My husband and I and our 5 month puppy just returned from Perris Lake gathering that had 110 other teardrops to get ideas from. We are planning to completely remodel our kitchen and my carpenter husband promises to let me help. I'm so impressed with the work and abilities other Lady Teardroppers have displayed!----Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers