Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby peggyearlchris » Thu May 24, 2007 9:45 pm

8) Shelly your build looks great. Have lots of fun camping. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Joanne » Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 pm

Hi Sam!!

I'm glad to see you made it here. Welcome to the Sisterhood of Lady Teardroppers (I made that up you know). It was fun meeting you in Hanksville and hope to see your future teardrop in person.

Joanne

SamR wrote:Hi all. I'm a newbie. Met Jeanette in Hanksville. What a great trailer!
Hi Darla! Welcome to the forum! I grew up in northwestern Wisconsin but now live in Utah. My sisters still live there - one is just up the road from you in Hayward and the other is near Medford.
Wow! I grew up in Grand View, WI...some of my fondest memories are of going to the Wilderness Walk in Hayward with my Grandparents. I live in Montana now and have just begun. I'll post pics when I have something to show.

Sam
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby SamR » Fri May 25, 2007 2:01 pm

thanks Joanne. I loved seeing the Desert Dawg in person! Glad you started the SLT...or is it SOLT? Great idea. I tried Steve's zuchini recipe yesterday. He is definately a better cook than I!

Sam
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri May 25, 2007 3:29 pm

NutmegJoe wrote:Thanks...

I'm working on some storage ideas to replace the crates...actually bought some plastic drawers that fit pretty nicely. Winter project will be to build cabinets.

But...it sure is fun now! Heading out with Pam after work to meet my dad at Wilson Lake in Kansas. He has a big 5th wheel...I told him not to get jealous when everyone wants to look at my camper and not his! :lol:

I'm still not close to done with my galley, it definitely helps to camp a time or two and see what you really use, pack, etc.

I have to say that they stuff you buy where the Contact paper is, but it's not paper, it's that rubbery type non slid stuff.... it's WONDERFUL !!!
I have taken 600 mile trips and not had cans etc slide around on one shelf where things on another bare formica shelf did.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

ladies and tears

Postby Eunice » Fri May 25, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi I am Eunice. We bought our teardrop in pieces and have put it back together. i am now in the process of making it pretty! All new to me but I am getting ready to learn how to paint it. I have awesome decals for the sides. I have decided that I am staying with the baskets in the kitchen instead of putting in cupboards. It is definitely a work in progress but I love gatherings and meeting new people. picture of myself and tear coming soon :D
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Re: ladies and tears

Postby Joanne » Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 pm

keneunice wrote:Hi I am Eunice. We bought our teardrop in pieces and have put it back together. i am now in the process of making it pretty! All new to me but I am getting ready to learn how to paint it. I have awesome decals for the sides. I have decided that I am staying with the baskets in the kitchen instead of putting in cupboards. It is definitely a work in progress but I love gatherings and meeting new people. picture of myself and tear coming soon :D

Welcome to the teardrop family! Buy or build, we're glad you are here. The gatherings sure are a lot of fun. I still have work to do to get mine finished but I need to start seriously looking for curtain material. I like the idea of baskets. You can just pull them out and grab what you need.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Eunice » Fri May 25, 2007 10:49 pm

I have been to two gatherings and saw a couple of different types of baskets. One was suitcase type with lids. Mine are open with a colored liner. It works well for me and it is changable and movable if needed.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Toolie » Sat May 26, 2007 6:02 pm

I somehow managed to miss this thread until today.

All you ladies rock! :applause: :applause: :applause: I think this is possibly the most fun project on the planet. This is the cadillac of teardrop forums and that all the answers to all the questions reside here. Do the best you can and don't worry about anyone's opinion but your own.

I have the steel and the axle, etc. I just haven't put them together yet! I think I have the design worked out. I gave myself 2 years to complete this home remodel (solo) and I'm running out of time - gotta sell and get out of the rat race. My actual build will have to wait another year - unless I win the lottery!

I been inspired by so many of your builds - just a few:
Sheri Buchanan's galley space really made me think about a tiny trailer with a squared off back.

Peggy (of Peggyearlchris) inspired me to take the welding class at the VoTech center.

MaryK - you're, tear looks great. I love that license plate cover, very nice touch! May I borrow that idea?

Catrinka really, really made me think about converting a CargoMate because she has lots of room.

Jewel, I'm gonna follow your lead on those floor tiles.

Joanne, where would I be without your electrical schematic?

Keep dreaming and building! :thumbsup: Girlz Rock!

P.S: If you're buying new power tools for your own use, pick the ones that fit your hands or body size. You will actually do better work when the tool is comfortable to use. Guys will push you to buy more powerful tools but they aren't necessary in a home workshop.
Toolie
Slowest Teardrop Builder WANNABE

Postby Eunice » Sat May 26, 2007 10:35 pm

:thumbsup:
This thread is such an inspiration to me! Today I was sanding the fenders and getting them ready to paint. This is so new to me. My husband has always done the work and I make it pretty, car, trailer, house whatever. I just decided that I wanted to get the tear painted and I wasnt going to wait. I know I can do this! thanks ladies for your ideas and pictures. The support is awesome. :applause:

Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby peggyearlchris » Sun May 27, 2007 6:55 pm

:thumbsup: Eunice you can do it. I know you can. Good luck. You go girl!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

paint

Postby Eunice » Sun May 27, 2007 9:05 pm

I was amazed to see that I could actually smooth out some of the chips in the fenders. My neighbor introduced me to bondo for the really small dings. I wanted to paint the fenders the same color as my Mustang but I just about fell over when the Ford dealer gave me the cost for a quart of paint. I am worried about spending so much money knowing that the fenders are going to get chipped everytime on the road.
Does this concern anyone else? My neighbor and my brother said that I could get a nice paint job with a spray can and then it can be touched up whenever needed. What have others done? :thinking:
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby toypusher » Mon May 28, 2007 9:00 am

Eunice,

Use paint in a rattle can and you can also get clearcoat in a rattle can and it will help protect the color from chips - you may have to wetsand and redo the clearcoat once in awhile,though.
toypusher
Site Admin

rattle can paint

Postby Eunice » Mon May 28, 2007 9:46 am

I decided that I will do a rattle can paint job. Hopefully I can get close to the same color as my mustang. A member of Vintage trailer group sent this link for an interesting paint job but I am not thrilled about the "6" coats it took to cover. www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html
It looks pretty good

Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

learning experience

Postby Eunice » Mon May 28, 2007 4:24 pm

Today one of the fenders is as smooth as a baby bottom!! I am so proud of myself. I even mixed Bondo for a chip that couldnt be sanded smooth. Tomorrow I will primer and paint it. Then on to the other fender. If this keeps going as well as it is, I am going to paint the body and put my decals on.
Eunice :D
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Miriam C. » Mon May 28, 2007 4:27 pm

:P Good job Eunice! :D And the pictures are???????? :) I can hear you are having fun so keep it up.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers