Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: learning experience

Postby Joanne » Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 pm

keneunice wrote:Today one of the fenders is as smooth as a baby bottom!! I am so proud of myself. I even mixed Bondo for a chip that couldnt be sanded smooth. Tomorrow I will primer and paint it. Then on to the other fender. If this keeps going as well as it is, I am going to paint the body and put my decals on.
Eunice :D

Hey Girl, congratulations!!

One of the things I love to hear about is the first-time successes. Even though most of us don't have a lot of experience, we are finding that we can do some pretty amazing things when we try. Keep up the good work!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby MariahSunset » Mon May 28, 2007 6:50 pm

Hello Girls, I'm the proud owner of a 2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV, and we call it "Freedom". We are loading it up right now for a two week trip to New England. Looking forward to seeing all of you on the road :)
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=21811
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder

pics

Postby Eunice » Mon May 28, 2007 6:55 pm

I took pictures so I will get them downloaded and then post some. My daughter makes me do scrapbooking so they will end up in an album. it has been great fun this weekend and it opens up a whole new world to me. You might think I am nuts but I am proud of myself that I figured out out to unplug the taillight and get it off. No kidding when I say a whole new world. The great thing is I DID IT!
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby peggyearlchris » Mon May 28, 2007 7:11 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Way to go Eunice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Sisterhood of Lady Teardroppers

Postby Eunice » Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm

Joanne
We should have tee-shirts and/or a decal for the TD. You should come up with a logo

Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

For your amusement

Postby SamR » Tue May 29, 2007 9:47 am

Apparently I am thee most inept builder... Thought I'd share my weekend for your amusement.

Everything started off well. The kids were with their dad for the whole weekend, so Saturday morning after an hour of laundry and picking scotch tape out of the carpet I'm on teardrop time. "I'm going to get sooo much done"...

Hooked up the chassis for the maiden voyage to the lumber yard, and although it sounded like it was going to rattle apart, it did not. Sounded better on the way home (weight helps?).Image

Notice, the tear takes precedence over mowing the yard. Now to build some 10' panels of plywood.

I carefully line up my cut...
carefully line the floor of the dining area with paper, lay out and glue my first panel, and [bleep], I grabbed the wrong sized screws, they do not hold, so I weight the panel with anything I can find. After half an hour I look and feel as though I've run a marathon (on my knees) and the panel looks thus...Image

I wait the recommended time frame and ta daa
Image That lawn really needs to be mowed.

So I mow the lawn and think, ok, most likely I did 3 things wrong, not enough glue, didn't work fast enough, and not enough weight. The lumber yard is long closed by now until Tuesday, so I buzz down the road (89 miles) to Home Depot for more glue and longer screws.

Sunday morning dawns bright and surly. I lug the glued pieces to the garage and bring in fresh plywood. This time I work one section at a time and screw firmly in place as I go...but wait, how did this happen?
As I hump this lovely piece of workmanship to the garage I can't help but notice it weighs about as much as a baby elephant. I am now not only concerned about the structural integrety of the wall, but the overall weight of the trailer. I'm seriously thinking of abandoning the solid plywood side plan and going with the framed sides. I cracked a cold one and spent the rest of the weekend huddled under a blanket with a good book while listening to the heavens weep for me. Image

Hope you all had a more productive weekend than I.

Sam
SamR
Teardrop Master

lawn

Postby Eunice » Tue May 29, 2007 9:54 am

I am sure your lawn looks better and a good book is always a good thing. Loved your story. Winston Churchill said "Never Never Never give up"
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby SamR » Tue May 29, 2007 10:34 am

Thanks. In retrospect, it doesn't look nearly as bad. I just bought the house in Feb, and there's lots of projects I can use the ruined plywood on. I just want to be camping, not sitting on the floor trying to regroup.

Sam
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Tue May 29, 2007 10:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not laughing at you, Laughing with you. Honey it happens a lot. There is a reason for "Bondo" and belt sanders. Don't give up~all it means is you will have a great story to share with your grandchildren. :thumbsup:

Time to start the "Thread" and scrapbook.

Wonder if I could get him to pose for us. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

more work

Postby Eunice » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:31 pm

The clear coat lifted the paint!!!! I was so upset yesterday.
:x :cry:
Oh well now I can resand it and fix the couple of dings that I found after it was painted. It is amazing how the paint shows flaws that you couldnt see before.. Pics will come later
;)
Joanne this link is going to get lost in all the pages of the general discussion. do you or anyone know how to make it a permanent link on the general discussion page?
Still think the Sisterhood of Lady Teardroppers needs a tee-shirt!
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby cheryl mclendon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi to all of you teardrop ladies. I did not build my teardrop.It's actually a Little guy Sport and it's soooooo CUTE!!!!!! Anyway I hope I am still considered apart of you guys. Took it for my first camping trip in North Georgia mountains and I must say it was the hit of the campground. I considered charging admission for the tours. Ha-Ha
Cheryl

I hope that when I grow old, I can reminisce of the things I have done and seen.

Not of the things I wish I had.
cheryl mclendon
Teardrop Builder

Re: more work

Postby Joanne » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:36 pm

Hey Eunice,

If we keep chatting it will stay at the top... :lol:

Maybe one of our cute admins will make it a sticky for us girls.

We do need to come up with T-shirt design. That would be fun.

Joanne

keneunice wrote:The clear coat lifted the paint!!!! I was so upset yesterday.
Oh well now I can resand it and fix the couple of dings that I found after it was painted. It is amazing how the paint shows flaws that you couldnt see before.. Pics will come later
;)
Joanne this link is going to get lost in all the pages of the general discussion. do you or anyone know how to make it a permanent link on the general discussion page?
Eunice

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:43 pm

Cheryl,

You are certainly one of us! This thread isn't about who built and who didn't, it's about friendship and the fun of teardropping. You've given a teardrop tour, you've paid your dues!

Joanne

cheryl mclendon wrote:Hi to all of you teardrop ladies. I did not build my teardrop.It's actually a Little guy Sport and it's soooooo CUTE!!!!!! Anyway I hope I am still considered apart of you guys. Took it for my first camping trip in North Georgia mountains and I must say it was the hit of the campground. I considered charging admission for the tours. Ha-Ha
Cheryl

I hope that when I grow old, I can reminisce of the things I have done and seen. Not of the things I wish I had.

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby mincey » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:17 pm

cheryl mclendon wrote:Hi to all of you teardrop ladies. I did not build my teardrop.It's actually a Little guy Sport and it's soooooo CUTE!!!!!! Anyway I hope I am still considered apart of you guys. Took it for my first camping trip in North Georgia mountains and I must say it was the hit of the campground. I considered charging admission for the tours. Ha-Ha
Cheryl

Hey Cheryl! Another Cheryl here :)

I wasn't a builder either. We bought a T@B clamshell, but everyone has been so nice here, and I hope to meet folks from here soon!! I really enjoy seeing what everyone has done with their rigs. The talent here is amazing!

We are in N. GA too - maybe we'll catch you out camping sometime!
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Re: more work

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:35 pm

Joanne wrote:Hey Eunice,

If we keep chatting it will stay at the top... :lol:

Maybe one of our cute admins will make it a sticky for us girls.

We do need to come up with T-shirt design. That would be fun.

Joanne

keneunice wrote:The clear coat lifted the paint!!!! I was so upset yesterday.
;)
Eunice

I guess I am not cute enough cause I don't have the power. Sorry girls.

You are all most certainly welcome. :thumbsup:

Now T shirts. Pink (hot pink) ribbon in the shape of a treardrop might be nice. "Girl tears rock" Feme tears dropin,
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers