Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

Postby Ramblin' Ruby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm

1-IMG_1107.JPG
1-IMG_1107.JPG (45.13 KiB) Viewed 13131 times
Hi there, I'm Ruby - Ramblin' Ruby - (with my sidekick, Sassy) I have posted in the Newbie section and also on the Hall of Fame. Just wrote a couple of things on the Lady Teardropper site. I hope to meet all of you when I start trying to meet the rallys. I take care of my 98 year-old father, so need help to get away. My Sister has moved closer to me, and has been of help - we just need to get our schedules coordinated.
Ramblin' Ruby
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:18 am

Welcome Ruby. You will love this. :twisted: :applause:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Hello Ruby and welcome.
I saw your post in the section about a checklist. Yes, you will find a few that you can print out and reuse each time. I've seen them on this forum> Camp ADK had a great one a while back for everything. I keep a list in the back of my galley to put down things I wished I brought, but didn't, and things I need to replenish. My spouse and I refill the ice chest, but we have almost everything else we need above and beyond what we carry in the galley stored in tubs. We have a small tub for shorter campouts/cooking, and a large tub for when spending a longer time and cooking for a crowd. The tubs are easily loaded up and exchanged depending on your needs. You will probably find it nice to keep a small bag packed for the dog as well, if you are traveling with Sassy. I put in the current docs about his shots, license copy, food, bowl, bottle of H20, spare leash and harness for JRT, Little Hog.

:wine: Here's hoping you'll be able to get away and have your sister help with respite work for your father. My twin brother lives close to me and he and I coordinate our schedules so one of us in the hometown area in case my Mom needs us....same type of situation....don't want to get too far away with no one around to jump in to help if needed.

If you want to find out more about where we like to camp and cook, click on one of the icons below. I know you'll enjoy your time spent on this forum, but you'll really love the Teardrop crowd once you get rolling.

Happy trails to you,
Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Tabitha » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Hello again ladies! It's been awhile since I was on the forums, I've been busy rebuilding our hot mess. It's great to see more ladies joining! Would love to have a ladies camp one day.

So I'm almost done with the rebuild and so excited with how it's turned out. Our next camp is over Father's Day at the Tuolumne campground in Yosemite (a bucket light camp for the hubby) and would love to meet up with others.
Someday, we will learn to take living in stride. Sometime, we will learn to pay less attention to the imagined and stop fussing about things we had nothing to do with in the past - and cannot change significantly in the future. Very soon, we will sit together in the sun a whole day and just be happy that we can sit together in the sun all day and just be happy.
___ Cherokee Author Unknown
Tabitha
Teardrop Advisor

Postby David Niver » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi, Marsha from Indiana, was in Tennessee. How are people take crafts to work on when camping? I always do. Hubby built Teardrop, -- Benroy style in winter, 2004/2005. We don't get to camp as much as we did. -- :D :D :D :D
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:23 pm

David Niver wrote:Hi, Marsha from Indiana, was in Tennessee. How are people take crafts to work on when camping? I always do. Hubby built Teardrop, -- Benroy style in winter, 2004/2005. We don't get to camp as much as we did. -- :D :D :D :D

Hi, Marsha! It's good to see someone still using their teardrop after a decade. That speaks well for the construction and the campers. I like the blue swirled bottom color that you've added since you built.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Tabitha, the interior of your teardrop is looking very nice, a BIG improvement over when you got it! :o It doesn't even look like the same trailer!

I can hardly wait to see what you do with the galley!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby JenniferandPups » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:03 pm

I'm sure I introduced myself 6 years ago, but I'm doing it again, since I was MIA for 5 years. But, I have a new fixer upper house half fixed up, and two beautiful children to show for my time. :D Still have one pup...a good old blind pup. He loves the kids.

Right now we have a 1964 Cardinal Deluxe (Canned Ham, 13', 1500# or so)...but it doesn't have the trailer brakes we have decided we want/need here in Colorado, and only has one giant bed (fine now, but when the kids are older...we might want the space). So, we are starting to look for a new trailer, with that standard canned ham floor plan of a full sized bed in the back and a dinette/bunk beds in the front with trailer brakes (or the perfect railer without them, and we'll figure out adding them.)
JenniferandPups
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:23 am

HI LADIES! :goodmorning: Been a long time since we got on here. Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Hope everyone is doing great, doing some camping, building, enjoying life...share pics! Would love to see what's happening outside of Florida! :pictures:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Weather is finally decent enough to get out, been just cold and rainy, snowy, sleety kinda crud for a couple months here in Minnesosta.
I just went for a quick overnight at Lake Shetek State Park
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby brittonclair » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:00 pm

After camping in a truck-topper for a few years, I have just bought a lovely Benroy-style teardrop trailer. The trailer was hand-made by a fellow here in NC. I can't wait for the first trip -- will be going to Carolina Beach State Park in 3 weeks. I will try to get some photos of the camper posted soon.
brittonclair
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 pm

brittonclair wrote:After camping in a truck-topper for a few years, I have just bought a lovely Benroy-style teardrop trailer. The trailer was hand-made by a fellow here in NC. I can't wait for the first trip -- will be going to Carolina Beach State Park in 3 weeks. I will try to get some photos of the camper posted soon.

Welcome, brittonclair, and congratulations on your new Benroy. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

Glad to see familiar faces again and see new ones on the forum! Welcome aboard! Bayou Belle is in the shop getting a butt lift. She got rear-ended and had some damage. Also getting some inside work done. Can't wait to get her home.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:54 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Glad to see familiar faces again and see new ones on the forum! Welcome aboard! Bayou Belle is in the shop getting a butt lift. She got rear-ended and had some damage. Also getting some inside work done. Can't wait to get her home.

Hi, Becca! It's good to hear from you. Sorry that your trailer got rear-ended. That's a fear that I think a lot of us have. I hope the driver had good insurance and that your trailer will be good as new soon!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed May 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Just got back from the Dam Gathering at Shasta Lake where Dean & I celebrated our 3rd "Dam" Anniversary! :lol: Wonderful to see friends and make some new ones.
Also---
Dropping in to say "HELLO" and let you Ladies know that we still have space available at the IRG coming up at the last of May. Visit the website for Irg BELOW to learn more about it and download a registration form.
ttfn,
Joanie
the Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers