Original poll answers to be continued.

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Original poll answers to be continued.

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:08 am

Ladies,
Here's a chance to name the new forum for us gals...............If you've been following some of the threads we want to stop voting on the names until a new listed is posted.

Let's give it a few days for women to make suggestions and then well go for a final and new poll.

Thanks for your patience and as new names are suggested I'll continue to add them to the list.

Here's a revised list so far:

Sisterhood of the Traveling Teardrops
Women in Tears
Teardropperitas
Camper Chicks
Glamers
Sisters in Tears
Ladies of the Traveling Teardrops
SISTears
Chikbuilt
Lady Teardroppers
Sister T & TTT's
Sisterhood of the Traveling Trailers
Camper Chicks on Wheels
Ladies of the Traveling Trailers
SIStrails
Chikbuilt Trailers

Barb
Last edited by b.bodemer on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Barb, I have gone into your poll and edited it...anything more than 3 words or too close to Sisters of the Fly has been removed...keep it simple and self explanatory...I also added a couple...my apologies if this causes any consternation.......
madjack 8)

p.s. anyone who voted before I edited, may have to vote again...sorry :oops: ..................MJ
Last edited by madjack on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Betsey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:40 pm

madjack wrote:p.s. anyone who voted before I edited, may have to vote again...sorry :oops: ..................MJ

But it doesn't give me the option of voting again... :cry:

And I liked Sisterhood of the Traveling Teardrops...of course, I am a fan of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, too!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:28 am

Betsey,
I PM'd MJ to let him know as of this am there were still problems allowing ladies to vote.

Sharon,
The new forum is just for fun and a continuation of the success of Joanne's thread, Lady Teardroppers under the General Discussion, where so many women have posted.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:42 am

b.bodemer wrote:Looks like MJ already set up a new forum section as Galley Gals.

I'd say keep voting (only 11 votes so far) and if another name is more popular he can always change the forum name.

Barb, I think Mike(?) setup the new forum as "The Girls Room" and then changed it to "Galley Gals"...while Marlene voted for "Galley Gals", I really don't like it and would prefer to see it as something else..."The Girls Room" and "Ladies Lounge" are actually my two favorites...so keep on voting.............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Gerdo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 am

I think it's great to see that you are getting your own "Gals only" (pc?)topic!

I also can't believe how many gals (pc?) camp with a tear and how many have built their own.

Way to go.

Um, was I allowed to post?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Gerdo,
thanks for the endorsement! and of course you can post here......and there too. Just wanted to have some fun and take Joanne's thread to another level. There gals checked in, talked td's, talked about health issues that family or they themselves were facing, talked about getting out and camping, etc.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Keep it up, and I'll have to rename it to "Women in Tears"!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Bump !!! Come On ladies keep Voting!!! Please. :lol:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:29 pm

b.bodemer wrote:But MJ,
I understand that you might not like the name but isn't this a vote for the ladies? Let the ladies keep voting on the poll and then rename it if it changes.
Barb

Barb, I didn't set it up nor did I change it...I was merely expressing an opinion since "Galley Gals" seemed kinda condescending to me...afterall, the "Gals" in question are surely not relegated to the galley but rather involved in the whole gamut of this "obsession"......
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Pam Wright » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:23 am

Okay Ladies..... We need votes!!!! there are many of us and only a few are represented!!!!!

I will say this.... "Galley Gals" is currently ahead, (not the one I voted for... but) I am going to campaign against it! It puts us back in the Galley, cooking and so on! MANY of us built our own! and those of us that didn't, have re-modeled or totaly designed them.... that is a whole lot more than the "Galley"..... (my 2 cents worth!!!)

Anyway, Ladies, VOTE for our new forum name!!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby devigata » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:34 am

I voted, but it seems as though it was for one of the least popular choices.

*story of my life, thank goodness*
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 am

WTF... Women's Teardrop Federation
WTBA... Women's Teardrop Builders Association
WTCC... Women's Teardrop Camping Club
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Even thought his names are a bit long, I like Dean's suggestions; but, when I voted, I thought those on the list were the only choices we could vote on.

Therefore, I chose Galley Gals because:

1) Gals covers all ages of women and it's catchy when combined with Galley. (It sounds a bit better than 'Girls' or 'Chicks'.)

2) When people gather, it's usually near food and/or drink; thus, the Galley area. It doesn't mean the women are only in the kitchen. After all, they could be sitting with a "cupa somthin", discussing their latest build and watchin' their Guy (or Somebody's Guy) cook!

We'd be happy to watch you cook for us, MJ! :lol: :D :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Galley Gals seems to be a little condescending. All the teardropping women I know are much, much more than a mere pot scrubbing, grub cooking Galley Gal. The name evokes an impulse to shout 'get me a beer, galley gal."

Women in Tears is my favorite and I think it is quite witty since I "coined" the phrase several months ago at the first annual Women in Tears get together, but that alone could doom it as a name for the group since the name came from a man. A man who loves and respects women I might add.

Women in Tears Gathering Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park 2008
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers