Security & Camping alone

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Ladies, I wanted to share this tip with you. I completely forgot about it until I was going through my contacts in my phone today.

I have a contact name in my phone called "Park Ranger" and when I check into the campground I put the afterhours number in my phone. I've never had to use it but it's easier than having to fumble for the campground paperwork.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Becca -- that's smart.

I'll try to remember that, SNP posts the after hours number in the bathrooms.

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Speaking of bears. I hope never to see this scene play out on top of my Honda Element.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO8yNetICcY

:o

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 pm

What are those people doing filming so close to that bear??? I mean, all he had to do was jump down and start running for them....then what?

And I just want you to know that I had a nightmare last night about bears, yes, bears! My husband was driving us in a convertable, top down, down some forest road and there were 2 bears in the road and he stopped. I remember telling him "put the top up, put the top up" and trying to back peddle with my feet (like the Flintstones) to get away. I woke up sweating!

No more bear stories! :thumbdown:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Oh dear about your nightmare!!

The guy filming prolly had a zoom lens.

I worry about driving around DC too! Mostly the Beltway. I do get ppl staring at the TD and nearly driving into other people, but that's par for that road.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:What are those people doing filming so close to that bear??? I mean, all he had to do was jump down and start running for them....then what?

And I just want you to know that I had a nightmare last night about bears, yes, bears! My husband was driving us in a convertable, top down, down some forest road and there were 2 bears in the road and he stopped. I remember telling him "put the top up, put the top up" and trying to back peddle with my feet (like the Flintstones) to get away. I woke up sweating!

No more bear stories! :thumbdown:

:lol:

Perhaps you need a Yogi Bear cartoon immersion to develop a different mental association with bears.

If I hadn't seen so many horror films at the local drive-in in my youth I wouldn't be so paranoid now in the city (check that back seat!) or nature (Friday the 13th Part III).

:o

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Ok, y'all can still tell bear stories but I just won't listen :whistle: -- I need an emoticon with my hands over ears...or is it over eyes? :roll:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:26 am

:o :lol: There have been two accidents just a few miles South of Joplin this year where cars on the interstate couldn't stop in time to not hit Juvenile bears. Ya gotta wonder where they are living around there. Not a lot of large forest left, mostly farm land... :shock:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby doitright » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 am

Ratkity wrote:Oh dear about your nightmare!!

The guy filming prolly had a zoom lens.

Ratkity

I bet he did not. I was in East Tnn. and people are stupid. Came on a traffic jam and looked out my truck and people were chasing a mother bear with two cubs. My goodness they were coming my way. Looked back and could not back up thank God the mother and the cubs ran around them and back in the woods.
doitright
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby doris s. » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Becca great tip.
I camp "alone" with kids all the time and having the park rangers # handy is smart!

Thanks

Doris
doris s.
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 pm

doris s. wrote:Becca great tip.
I camp "alone" with kids all the time and having the park rangers # handy is smart!

Thanks

Doris

Doris ~ you are welcome. I've done that for years and feel safer with it.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby egglady » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks for all the helpful info i'm going to go camping alone with the tearjerkers group and will be alone. just finished building my teardrop with A LITTLE help from hubby. so ladys if you want a teardrop camper and you want to build it.
YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN.
egglady
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JaneV » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 pm

egglady wrote:Thanks for all the helpful info i'm going to go camping alone with the tearjerkers group and will be alone. just finished building my teardrop with A LITTLE help from hubby. so ladys if you want a teardrop camper and you want to build it.
:applause: Wow! What a woman - congrats on your Teardrop. I am a new 'Dropper - will be traveling solo with my dog Edward. Hope to see you at a gathering. Jane
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby JaneV » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

JaneV wrote:
egglady wrote:Thanks for all the helpful info i'm going to go camping alone with the tearjerkers group and will be alone. just finished building my teardrop with A LITTLE help from hubby. so ladys if you want a teardrop camper and you want to build it.
:applause: Wow! What a woman - congrats on your Teardrop. I am a new 'Dropper - will be traveling solo with my dog Edward. Hope to see you at a gathering. Jane
By the way -where are you?
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:41 pm

JaneV wrote:
JaneV wrote:
By the way -where are you?

:thumbsup: :applause: Wonderful! And Welcome both of you.

Egglady, camping with Tearjerkers is not like camping alone. One big happy family! Same with most of us...We take care of each other!

You ladies have lots of fun!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers