Any New Projects your working on?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 am

fireaunt wrote:I have an idea to make a storage box to fit down in the galley well of my td. I can make it 15" front to back and 45" left to right and 15" on the front side and 20" on the back. I made a camp box once and it was pretty heavy when loaded. So I'm wondering if I divided the length to 22" and had 2 boxes if I could handle them. If I just had a hydraulic lift :twisted:
I thought if they had latches I could leave them out at night. Can you picture this?
It's kind of like loading a deep freeze.

:twisted: You know those lift things for taking heavy stuff out of cabinets?? ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby asianflava » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 am

My project is to get the garage organized so that I can work on other projects.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:07 am

Oh no! I may get in trouble for looking over here. I promise not to look. :oops:

But:
Miriam C. Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fireaunt wrote:
I have an idea to make a storage box to fit down in the galley well of my td. I can make it 15" front to back and 45" left to right and 15" on the front side and 20" on the back. I made a camp box once and it was pretty heavy when loaded. So I'm wondering if I divided the length to 22" and had 2 boxes if I could handle them. If I just had a hydraulic lift
I thought if they had latches I could leave them out at night. Can you picture this?
It's kind of like loading a deep freeze.

You know those lift things for taking heavy stuff out of cabinets??

Is use the Dollar Store/ Wally World 10 gallon "Blue Tubs" under my galley shelf ( which is also accessable from the cabin - so I can pull to the trailer's door ). They are easy find and if become damaged; easy to replace. Also if I want different things for different campouts; I just load the right tub ( I mark the tops of SPECIALTY tubs ). :thinking:

If you need a cooler just place a smaller tub inside a larger one with an old blanket or old sleeping bag around the tubs and you have a quick cooler. ;)

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby fireaunt » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:50 pm

ArkPat, No problem with coming over here. I just want some good ideas. The man who built the td built this area just wide enough to fit a specific colman cooler that we don't use. The area is narrower than some of the bigger tubs.

Miriam - yep a lifter like for a big mixer. Hmmm would something like a articulated keyboard holder work (I'm going to look under my desk now)?
:lol:
Wow that thing is amazing! But you need too much space under it.
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby tinksdad » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:08 am

Just got off the phone and made arrangements to swap my '95 Chevy S-10 for my next project (other than the "Paddy Wagon"). I'll be towing it home tomorrow. 1952 Ford with the original 293 CID.

tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:41 pm

My winter plans are in the making. Paul and I are closing on a house this coming Tuesday. Today we actually got a start on the work we want to do before we move in. Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble with my left knee and I can't do much. But I did manage to sit on the floor and scrub the tracks of the three sliding glass doors and re-lube them. Paul sanded and primed the bedroom walls that we're painting. Tonight we went to Lowes and purchased sheet rock (to replace the dark paneling in the livingroom) tiles for the master bedroom floor (the carpet is really old and I have to be careful of alegeries) and a couple of 2x4's to build a leveling unit because the living room was once a porch and the floor is slanted.

Truthfully, if Paul and I hadn't built the Inkwell we would never have purchased the house. It needs quite a few upgrades but over time, we can do it. Next week we move a door from one wall to another.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby satch » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Congrates Lynn/Paul! I know all to well on home remodeling, I'm in the middle of installing french doors between my living room and family room.It's all fun :shock:
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:58 am

Thanks Rick.

We went to Lowes Friday night and found some flooring that is only $2.09 per sq ft. It's Hickory anyone have hickory flooring? Know of it and how well it stands up?

Please let me know, thanks.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:12 am

We don't have hickory floors, but if it's real it's probably a very, very good choice. Hickory is a beautifully grained hard wood.

And for about $2 a sq. ft., you got a great deal.

I'm excited for you both getting your first house!
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Michele » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Here's a dog bed that I made and painted. It's a Xmas gift for a friend. I used some of the scrap wood that was left over from my trailer.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Michele,

Your artwork is beautiful. You have a lucky friend.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby fireaunt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:58 pm

WOW! Those roses are wonderful - I didn't let my dog see it 'cause she would of wanted one. :lol:
fireaunt
500 Club

New Project Completed

Postby Creamcracker » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:58 pm

This is my latest project just finished a couple of hours ago. I wanted something that would allow me to keep my laptop in the living room and yet keep it out of sight. I recycled wood from an old TV console from the 80's for the sides and top. The lower cabinet doors cost me a $1 each way back when (I think I bought 20 and have just two left) from Bontragers Surplus in White Pigeon Michigan. I think it's worked out pretty well. My printer sits inside the middle cabinet.

Philip

Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Re: New Project Completed

Postby planovet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Creamcracker wrote:This is my latest project just finished a couple of hours ago. I wanted something that would allow me to keep my laptop in the living room and yet keep it out of sight. I recycled wood from an old TV console from the 80's for the sides and top. The lower cabinet doors cost me a $1 each way back when (I think I bought 20 and have just two left) from Bontragers Surplus in White Pigeon Michigan. I think it's worked out pretty well. My printer sits inside the middle cabinet.

Sweet! :thumbsup: Nice snag on the doors also, how come I'm never that lucky! :(
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Wow! You guys have done some beautiful work here. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers