going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby vaddisonme » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 pm

The pine kitty litter worked great, and the little cabela's popup tent worked great, too once I figured out how to put it back in the bag! Very easy once you know how to do it. :)
The Marshmallow pulling our Sweet Potato.
vaddisonme
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Maureenm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Yay! The YouTube video is what helped me out!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Ladies and Gents This forum is new to me and I just want to say that I have read this thread and laughed till I cried , I had to stop and make a run to the ladies room twice. Thank you for all the information. I ordered a GOGIRL and it is my Official first purchase towards my teardrop. This only reminds me of the "official reply to a question asked of the Boy Scouts the info was that " men and women on camping trips shall have separate facilities". I always wondered on a hiking trip that could only mean different trees!!!!
It is far easier to find a different tree in the middle of the wilderness but in a camping rv area not so. I have designed an area, a blind kinda thing made with a frame of pvc put together and have hanging curtains. Magnolia sheets for this southern lady I will just sew a hem in the bottom so they can be strung onto pvc like the top. Similar to the Doctor curtain for privacy. that way I can dress. I have a little pee pot I have an antique metal slop jar with a lid like my grandmother had under her bed I can rig a small chair and put it under it. Thanks so much for your ideas. and a very laughing delightful evening I so desperately needed. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby byrdz1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 pm

ohhh Mary... Gadgets. Sometimes I think I am just in it for the gadgets, and boy are there a lot! Luggable loo - check, privy tent - check, and list goes (hah! punnishment) on..... :poop: :poop:
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Image Mary. The go girl is certainly a good place to start. :thinking: An old fashioned pot might be easier to deal with than my lunker. I got a deal on an ugly grey portapotty but mine was broken so cheap is good. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mary C » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

I must admit I got mine in a box I bid on in an auction funny it had the pot and several glasss things and the men just looked and said no not for me so when I t went up no one bid on it so I got the whole box for $2.00 . The auctioneer came down from $5.00 so not so bad. properly Cloroxed then thru the ole dishwasher. I use it for a little trash can right now. I think it will work for a catcher nicely. yea .....two things !!! :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Ok Ladies I got my Go Girl, :dancing i have practiced and I do have some hints, Have some toilet paper in your hand before you go. I couldn't get it back into the case :fb so I found an eyeglass case that works, even putting tissues in with it. my suggestion is : Practice, practice, practice,and practice some more. try different pants and try those cute little wiggle moves, after a while you can move from the shower to over the commode(john) then if you can try a Walmart or other big busy bathroom Ok, the beginning of this had to do with peeing in the middle of the night. I am now working on different technique, kneeling and peeing. :NC My friend suggested dog pads for any drips. I had the opportunity to try it out in a nasty , dirty, scummy stinky bathroom I was so thankful I had it!!!! :D I will never leave home without it now, SO ........ it works!!!
:D

:wine: Mary
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm

:lol: :worship: Mary I have had an occasion lately when beside the car was the only safe place and really had to go go girl...Love it and the eye glass case is a good idea. Was thinking about a plastic soap thing too. :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Rainier70 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:10 pm

I thought I would add my two cents here. I have camped, hiked, and fished for a lot of years using various feminine urinary devices FUD. I have several Go Girls and a Freshette besides my homemade versions that are similar to a P-Style. Here is the Freshette http://www.rei.com/product/407267/sani- ... y-director

After many years of use I have some definite preferences. The Go Girl is ok. The soft material it is made out of makes it discrete and easy to carry and store. But I don't like the soft material. The soft material makes it easier to mess up. I also find that I have to undress further to use it so that I don't collapse it.

The Freshette is made of stiffer material, and is very easy to use. It is a little larger and so it is harder to discretely carry etc. It is great for directing the fluids into a disposal bottle.

I have never bought a PStyle, and didn't know about them until after a friend mentioned that they were similar to what I use.

What I like the very best are the homemade versions. Basically these are made out of the side of a plastic bottle such as an empty shampoo bottle. This style of Finesse Shampoo bottle will make two FUDs using the top shoulders and down the sides. To get an idea look at the basic shape of a PStyle. Image Image

You might need a knife to start your cuts, but a pair of scissors usually work fine. Just be careful! After cutting and shaping, it is a good idea to sand the edges smooth. The sides can be straighter than the PStyle's, and I think from what I have heard the PStyle is larger than the ones I usually make.

The advantages of this style are many. It is ridged, so that it is easy to use without moving your clothing very far. No need to moon anyone! :shock: You also don't need much tp if any. You can make it in a length to suit your individual preference and use. It is easy to direct the fluids into a container. I make mine to fit inside of a sandwich baggy diagonally. That gives me a disposable holder. It is light and fits easily into a pocket, purse, or side of a backpack.

Experiment and see what you like best. What I like best is not squatting in the woods! :)

Cindy
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nosnikta » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Okay ladies, forgive me if my question has already been answered. My family and I are going on a 8-9 day camping trip to a state park. There are 8 of us, 4 gals, 4 guys. I dont currently have any type of portapotty but need one for my 2 young girls. I'm not too concerned on choosing one since you girls have every review for each choice :) but WHERE DO YOU DUMP IT? Do you take it, discreetly to the public restroom? (yuk) Do you carry it home w/you & dispose of it? (yuk) lol. Just trying to figure out what will work best for us and also what is customary procedure for disposal. (I don't know why I say yuk......that'll be the hubbys job :applause:
Thanks so much!
Rah
nosnikta
Teardrop Inspector

Postby nevadatear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 am

Geeze.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 am

With a porta-potty you can either dump it at a RV dump station or in the toilet at home.

If it was me, and it was mainly the night time trips, I would just get a Luggable Loo. With it you can use bags and kitty litter. Seal the bags tightly and dispose in the trash. Look up Wag bags etc.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nevadatear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 pm

double doodie bags. Throw in the trash.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Backroads4me » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Here's our version of a luggable loo. Bob made this seat, with closing lid and rounded edges for more comfortable sitting :lol: I had him put a gloss finish on it, it can be wiped down with a sanitation cloth and there's no chance of splinters! :lol: The bucket is a taller one, 18 inches high and we plan on using the trash bag/pine litter combo with it. It will only be used for the occasional night time or stormy weather "P" break, neither of us has trouble waiting and getting to the bathrooms for "the other". We'll keep it in the changing/loo room I'm going to sew up (I"ll post pictures when done) and we'll transport it in the bed of the truck (instead of the TD).

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Rainier70 wrote:If it was me, and it was mainly the night time trips, I would just get a Luggable Loo. ... Seal the bags tightly and dispose in the trash. Look up Wag bags etc.

+1 for the Luggable Loo and also the Reliance Double Doodie bags*. That's the easiest. You can purchase the bags at Walmart or just about any camping store and they are a double bag, thus the name...Less worry of something escaping. If I remember correctly, they are made to be biodegradable. It is legal to toss them in the trash. Toss the used one in the trash each morning and make the kids use the camp facilities during the day.

Oh! And, thanks for the reminder. I need to get a supply for the camping season!

PS: You're right...This one gets brought up at least once a year by a newbie. But, one of these years, something new will have developed and we'll all learn something else! :lol:

*Correction: Walmart sells Ozark Trail Toilet Waste Bags. They seem to work just as well as the Reliance ones.
Last edited by S. Heisley on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers