going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby happy phantom » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 am

Okay, I have an idea gestating here...I'm thinking the GoGirl with a long tube attached, like four feet long or so; drill a hole through the floor in the front of the TD to act as a sleeve, (it'd come up next to the mattress) with a tube through and a bucket underneath the TD. I took my TD on a week long trip to a music festival, and the hike to the portajohns became an issue. The Go-Girl could be tucked down under the cabinetry and pulled out as needed, keeping the tube running through the sleeve in the floor.

I'd just have to figure out a way to seal up the hole during transit so if towing in the rain, etc...water tightness...don't want to rot the wood or end up with a soaked mattress. :thinking:
happy phantom
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 am

happy phantom wrote:Okay, I have an idea gestating here...I'm thinking the GoGirl with a long tube attached, like four feet long or so; drill a hole through the floor in the front of the TD to act as a sleeve, (it'd come up next to the mattress) with a tube through and a bucket underneath the TD. I took my TD on a week long trip to a music festival, and the hike to the portajohns became an issue. The Go-Girl could be tucked down under the cabinetry and pulled out as needed, keeping the tube running through the sleeve in the floor.

I'd just have to figure out a way to seal up the hole during transit so if towing in the rain, etc...water tightness...don't want to rot the wood or end up with a soaked mattress. :thinking:

:thinking: :frightened: but what if the tube came loose. :lol: I have had the same thought about the kayaks. A canoe was easier! Seriously a bottle that seals at a minimum is helpful. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby linuxmanxxx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 am

Pop up a shower tent next to you ring stand with kitchen bags and cat litter and when it gets to smelling pull bag tie up and toss on trash. No standing ring just use a bucketwith the bags.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby tearhead » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm amused that they suggest that the P-Spout could be carried in a party purse! On the rare occasions when I carry a party purse, finding a real toilet is not normally an issue! :lol:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby happy phantom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:06 am

I'm amused that they suggest that the P-Spout could be carried in a party purse! On the rare occasions when I carry a party purse, finding a real toilet is not normally an issue!

But finding a CLEAN one might be an issue-there's an awful lot of "squatters" who don't clean up after themselves. :x
happy phantom
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 pm

Wanna Be wrote:Do you have a link for ordering one of these ? ? ? ?

Lynn

Try the internet... Google search "P-style" very first result.

I just got mine in for my G/F so far I hear good reviews
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby byrdz1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:14 pm

And then there is the Bumper Dumper

any 2 inch reciever hitch will do, if you can park the car close you can put up a privacy tent around the BD, and there you "go", even the right height! My TD has a hitch that comes off so I can use that as a reciever for the BD and put my tent around that. Don't know that I will, but Bumper Dumper is just fun to say, and one of the models even comes with a toilet paper holder.
:thinking:
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 pm

And don't forget your matching T-shirt when you visit the web site! :shock:
Maureen
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 am

Oh goodness!! this thread is still going. LOL lol ha ha haa
I love it. :lol:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby byrdz1 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

A couple of things I have seen on the market that look like they could be tarted up with a slipcover.

This one looks like the same sort of thing as an easy up, and a teardropper recommends!
http://www.amazon.com/Striped-Portable- ... 08&sr=8-46

This one is ugly but one person is supposed to be able to put it up
http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Trunk-Quick ... 596&sr=1-1

either of these could be tricked out with the help of

Marti Domyancic
Marti's Awnings
The lady with the shady business
http://www.trailerawning.blogspot.com
http://www.Martisawnings.com ( under construction)

I am trying to figure out which one I want. The one I have now is big and nice, but it takes a minimum of two people, and I go alone sometimes, well I always "go" alone, umm, time to stop now..

:frightened:
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Mloves2camp » Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Love this thread! I bet I'm not the only one whose family gives 'em trouble over a porta potty. I don't care, 'cuz when ya gotta go, well, you know! Can't squat anymore, bad knees. This is like the toidy tent I have, only an earlier model, different color that I like better than this one. Got it on sale at the end of the season, for like $35. Well worth it!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1010 ... 611P?mv=rr

It has little mesh pockets for your toiletries, and a mesh corner shelving area for towels & what not. Very handy, one person can put it up, too. One side is for the shower, one for the potty. Plenty of room left for dressing & whatever. It's also good to put extra storage in, like when it rains & you don't want your chairs wet or your floats blowing away. Money well spent, IMHO. Packs up small & is lightweight too. Love it!
Marianne

Young at heart, the other parts, not so much.
Mloves2camp
Teardrop Builder

Postby honeask » Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 am

I have to say we got the big one from Bass Pro that was nice and hard to put up.
We took it back and got the enclosure from Walmart, much cheaper, easy for one person to put up and has plenty
Of room. Wish we had gotten it the first time. Just my penny's worth.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby byrdz1 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm

mloves2camp,

Yours is the same one I have now, and it IS really nice, but since I can't put it up alone, I am on the prowl. :thinking:
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Artizen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 am

Hello and of course my first reply has to be on this subject :R ! Anyway I have had 6 trailers through the corse of the years. Due to the fact that I am now down to a 4 cylinder I have the first one I cannot stand up in. On top of which I am 6'2" and at the age that when I have to go...And usually at 3am. So my first setup was a oil funnel and screw cap container from Wally World. It worked fine and was under $4.00. But kinda got the looks when I went to clean them in the rest rooms. Yesterday at Cabellas I looked at the Go Girl but to be honest it looked flimsy and you had to pinch it? to keep it open? Anyway a saw a product similar but sturdier next to it that was locally made in Scottsdale,AZ by First Defense Industries. It's called the "Lady J" and it can be used with their "Little John" urinal. I got the Lady J and a small waterproof dry bag to put it in. Rather than get the Little John (it looked too much like a urinal) I picked up a black wide mouth bottle from Goodwill for 50 cents. That way when I went to the rest room it would look like I was taking a water bottle and toiletry bag with me. I use flushible wipes and can drop it in the bottle as it is wide mouthed.And I just kneel inside the teardrop to use it. Afterwards everything is sealed tight so no chance of spill or odor. Next morning dump and wash clean with liquid anti bacterial soap.Next I plan to create a vestibule from one of those pop up tents and attach it to go around the trailer door. Or I actually saw a huge screen ( with a rain cover) room tent with floor attached that was large enough to drive the teardrop into. Then I could take my cats with me!
Artizen
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Maureenm » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Artizen,
If you decide to get a small privacy tent for your tear, I recommend the Trekker port a privy from Cabelas. It is sooooo easy to put up and take down,although I highly recommend the YouTube video regarding the take down. This little thing is up in a minute and down in two. It's has a good design that also allows for use with a shower-a high zipper on one side so you can hang a solar show from a tree or whatever.
Maureenm
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers