going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby mandy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:05 pm

I felt the same way you do, untill my last camp out. We were in a secluded camp ground and the only other ones there were a bunch of roudy guys. Let me tell you that toilet felt so far away that night that I never want to have to do that again.
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Re: Too funny!

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 pm

tearhead wrote:This thread is hilarious! I especially like how the gents drop into the Lady Teardroppers thread to read and make "helpful" suggestions.

I must be in the minority here. While I don't really enjoy trips to the latrine in the dark, I prefer them to sleeping next to a container of waste, or even to having a dedicated tent for the purpose.

Another thing is that the tent seems to make it more public in an odd way. Wierd that it would bother me to have fellow campers see me enter a special tent, but it would not bother me to have them see me enter a bathroom. Hmm. :thinking:

Maybe because everyone knows it is YOURS. And the walls aren't solid, and if you turn the light on............ 8) And it might blow over. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Yea, I prefer a hard-sided bathhouse or trailer to a softsided pee pee tent...

This however, would be even worse...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mandy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 pm

mikeschn wrote:Yea, I prefer a hard-sided bathhouse or trailer to a softsided pee pee tent...

This however, would be even worse...

Mike...

Thats kind of scary. :frightened:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 pm

I brought my porta potty along for the first time on my camping trip this past weekend. We were camping in a group area and the regular bathrooms were a pretty good walk from where we were. There were porta lets but I'd rather use my own potty than one of those. So I simply set up the pee-pee-tee-pee toward the back side of where my tent was and it worked out perfectly. It was out of the way and not as conspicuous. And after using it this past weekend I have to say I loved having it. Getting up at the crack of dawn with a bursting bladder and having to walk to the restrooms would have been torture. With this I just had to pop out of my tent and go around to the tee-pee. I didn't have to travel much further than I would have if I was home! And the best part... I was back in my bed before I had time to wake up again! :thumbsup:
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby Barefoot » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:18 am

tearhead wrote:This thread is hilarious! I especially like how the gents drop into the Lady Teardroppers thread to read and make "helpful" suggestions.

Sorry. I didn't see that it was a Lady Teardroppers thread, just the title about going to pee in the dark, which of course I must do, too. Of course men have this gadget that can be really handy in remote sites and, uh, never mind.
Barefoot
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:16 am

Barefoot wrote:

Sorry. I didn't see that it was a Lady Teardroppers thread, just the title about going to pee in the dark, which of course I must do, too. Of course men have this gadget that can be really handy in remote sites and, uh, never mind.

:lol: :lol:
I wish we could aim our gadgets!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:11 am

:lol: Cajun Lady wrote: "I wish we could aim our gadgets!" :lol: :lol:
A friend of mine sent me this after a similar conversation. Clearly some woman had the same thinking as you and decided to do something about it! Check this out. www.go-girl.com
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby robertaw » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Backing up a trailer---put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel, if you want the back of the trailer to go right then move your hand to the right. Same for left. Kinda simple but it works. Use your mirrors. I set my mirror low so I can follow a line with the tires or back corner of the trailer.

Wow! Thanks! :applause: I will always remember which way to turn now. This is always been an issue for me especially if people are waiting on me! :oops:
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby robertaw » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I must be in the minority here. While I don't really enjoy trips to the latrine in the dark, I prefer them to sleeping next to a container of waste, or even to having a dedicated tent for the purpose.

Another thing is that the tent seems to make it more public in an odd way. Wierd that it would bother me to have fellow campers see me enter a special tent, but it would not bother me to have them see me enter a bathroom. Hmm. :thinking:

I don't think men have anywhere near the issue with this women do. My husband has always been able to sleep the entire night and then even make coffee BEFORE he pees in the morning!!!

I get up a minimum of 4 times a night to pee. I think it's a combination age, anatomy, and childbirth. Being 45 and having five children ruined it for me.

Tearhead - when I was younger things like people knowing I was going to the bathroom embarrassed me. Now hardly anything embarrasses me. I wouldn't sleep next to a container of pee but I sure wouldn't care who knew I was peeing!

Thankfully I've reached that point in life where I realize that most people are so worried about what they're doing that they don't care what you're doing!
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

I don't think it's age!

Postby tearhead » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 pm

I agree (I'm nine years older than you are) that age does matter.

If anyone uses that "Go Girl" device linked above, I hope they report here, fully! 8)
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Re: I don't think it's age!

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 pm

tearhead wrote:I agree (I'm nine years older than you are) that age does matter.

If anyone uses that "Go Girl" device linked above, I hope they report here, fully! 8)

:lol: They also make a disposable one.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:28 am

The "Go Girl" looks like a handy device but if you are traveling and can't stop to go p-p and use the G.G., what do you do with the p-p after? And, how do you squat on it when you are traveling in a car? I mean, I see these images going through my head of me dropping my pants and mooning some pleasantly surprised trucker. :o (Ok so I'm making believe about the "pleasantly" part) Or the hubby swerving to avoid hitting the "grateful" (still making believe) ;) trucker and me dumping the "You Go Girl" all over me and the seat of course.

So, I too am interested to know if anyone has dared to try this while traveling.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:43 am

Um the liquids flow out the end of the GG so a collection device is needed or the side of the road..........Those of us who wear long shirts might not pleasantly surprise so many people. The goal is to stand up not squat so this is actually a good thing for Ladies who can't squat.

I have used a similar "disposable" thing while canoeing. Wasn't as handy or private as I wished but I was very alone. I just prefer my own potty. :baby:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

good questions and answers!

Postby tearhead » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 am

Okay, so basically the deal is that it directs the stream away from the body (and your pants, sox, shoes, etc.) and onto the ground nearby or into a container?
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers