going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby byrdz1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:30 pm

There goes Maureen trying to out-gadget me! :lol:

I am partial to the Grand Trunk Dunny tent.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Trunk-Quick ... B002BG99AI

it goes up easy and comes back down in a flash (when you want it to) But I have to say it is truly ugly. Lots of room though for all my stuff and the luggable loo

:poop:
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Alleged User » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:48 pm

+

=

:ilovecamp:
Last edited by Alleged User on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly & Duke
2011 ZZ Drop
Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. - Eskimo proverb
Alleged User
Donating Member

Location: Northern Virginia...not to be confused with Virginia.

Postby Maureenm » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Ha ha Byrdz! Yours is a bit bigger than mine. I noticed that it is on sale, but out of stock :(
I'm pretty sure that you still beat me in the gadget category and I'm running out of space :roll:
See you soon! I think I might end up driving straight through as my friends can't make it after all.
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Since I got my land, my luggable loo is always in the back of my truck... Don't leave home without it LOL
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 am

To all who are designing a potty spot in the trailer......

I learned something on the 4th of July. Being deep into my caboose build I was delighted to see a train museum in Monon IN on our way to scout out the chosen park for our summer gathering. I just had to stop and look in. I am a big boy (4x shirts) and shoulder room is a gotta have for me if I am going to do any "paper work". I was surprised that I fit comfortably in the little potty room on the display caboose despite it being only 3' square. They had set the potty at a 45 degree angle to the walls giving more elbow room by orienting your body corner to corner that little trick get you about 4' 2" corner to corner in a 3' cube.

Just an F.Y.I.

Last edited by bobhenry on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm

I have no clue how people use these little potty and shower rooms in brand new $15,000 campers. I rented an R-Pod a few months ago and it was completely unusable to me. This is the standard combo room you see in most of the campers I have seen except the high end ones. This was a brand new model too. I simply cannot imagine paying that much money for something that would just frustrate and anger me every single time I use it... I used the park facilities the whole time we were there.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby vaddisonme » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:00 am

I have learned so much from this thread!!!! I like the "go-girl" pee in a bottle idea, but what happens if you suddenly need to poop.. :? :? So I went out and bought a luggable loo seat, but hey, gray is an ugly color for a toidy bucket :thumbdown: so I went to Home Depot, and checked out their bright orange buckets, but figured it would clash with my bright orange trailer :thumbdown: , not to mention, is totally covered with HD advertising, headed over to Lowes and found a bright blue bucket which only has a Lowes name on it once. :thumbsup: , then off to my local grocery store for a 20lb container of multiple cats kitty litter...now just thinking of a damp proof toiletpaper container... :thinking:
The Marshmallow pulling our Sweet Potato.
vaddisonme
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 am

vaddisonme wrote:I have learned so much from this thread!!!! I like the "go-girl" pee in a bottle idea, but what happens if you suddenly need to poop.. :? :? So I went out and bought a luggable loo seat, but hey, gray is an ugly color for a toidy bucket :thumbdown: so I went to Home Depot, and checked out their bright orange buckets, but figured it would clash with my bright orange trailer :thumbdown: , not to mention, is totally covered with HD advertising, headed over to Lowes and found a bright blue bucket which only has a Lowes name on it once. :thumbsup: , then off to my local grocery store for a 20lb container of multiple cats kitty litter...now just thinking of a damp proof toiletpaper container... :thinking:

Go to Wal Mart and look in the plastic food container section and find a Rubbermaid container that will hold your TP. When you travel, just put it in the potty for storage. Worked great for me! And, if you want to spiff up your p-pot, go check out all the different Duct Tape they have now. You could really personalize your "loveable loo". :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby the other side » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 pm

I have one from Pro Bass that looks like that Trekker. They pop open so fast you have to make sure you keep your face out of the way and they fold down like one of those round springy car windshield cover/protectors. Just take the time to learn how to fold it before you go camping!!! Watch the youtube videos on it. My daughter and I laughed at them for over an hour! But find the one video that helps you figure it out best and learn it. Once you know how to do it, you know. No poles, no fuss no muss! If you happen to have a problem folding it up during a camping trip, it will be loads of fun watching people trying to do it, so it is cheap entertainment (Potty Humor)!!! I bungie cord it to the camper or car on REALLY WINDY trips.

I do have the 2 room one from K-mart too. When we go camping for a week or more I take that one and use one side for a shower room so the potty/tp doesn't get wet or have to be moved during a shower. But if I had to pick only ONE of the two I own, it would absolutely be the Bass Pro teepee looking one (or the Trekker, its the style I'm talking about).
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby byrdz1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 pm

My friend Maureen uses Feline Pine in hers, and says it is way better than clumping litter. I tried buying cheap litter and ended up with a grey face... Nasty.
I am thinking of covering my "loveable" (love that) with contact paper... Maybe some flames are in order... :?
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah, thumbs up on the feline pine, it seems to be pellets of compacted sawdust so it just gets fluffy as it absorbs and expands.Love the idea of covering the bucket. If you go with the pop up tent,yes, definitely stand back when you unleash it! :?
The YouTube video is a must. The one with the guy talking to his wife as she's filming is good, it looks like they're in a family room.
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby the other side » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Try to find the one with the mother laughing at her son (or hubby?). She is filming and laughing. It is hysterical!

The one that was the easiest to learn from for me was this guy on the sidewalk, in front of their store. His wife was filming. And there was also a young girl in her back yard (her example was good too).
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby bc toys » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:01 am

I found that CD disk holder the one with 100 cds not sure if the 50 disk one would work keeps the paper dry and clean. You can ask your friends sure one of them will have one sitting around.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby vaddisonme » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Great suggestions. I returned my unopened 20lb multicat clay kitty litter for 8lbs of pine litter. Same amount of bulk, but a lot lighter!!!!
And I just picked up a privy trekker tent at Cabellas and had NO problems closing it up after watching the YouTube video. I am all set for our trip up to Michigan to pick up the trailer, and then go camping!!!!
:thumbsup:
The Marshmallow pulling our Sweet Potato.
vaddisonme
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Maureenm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Now you're good to go! Literally :lol:
I hope this set up works well for you, I love it!
Maureenm
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers