going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby nevadatear » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

The shower tent/potty tent we use is "outback" version. I have not found it to be see through as much as the others, and cheaper. It is simply and quick to set up as it is like those window sun protectors and twists into a cirlce to pack away, but just like them, it can be a challange to pack away unless you practice at home before you go! It's also cheaper.

http://beprepared.com/search.asp?t=ss&ss=shower&SID=GOOGLE&EID=GLFASH200703156&gclid=COb7jP2BxZwCFRIcawodCU3knQ&bhcd2=1251416237
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Lorraine E. » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 am

elgin wrote:Hi Ladies
Older age has me going pee a couple of times during the night. My hubby wants to build a Teardrop trailer and we can't figure out how to solve this problem. right now, we tent with a pee pail in the tent that I empty in the morning. any suggestions?? Do you design a portapotty in the sleeping space??

Hello Ladies,
I'm one of those "older age" ladies and I bought a "portable toilet" (like brand-new, in a Thrift Shop). I seldom use it but it is so nice to have!! It is at the head of my twin-size-mattress--by one of the doors. I use a chemical so no odor. ~~ It doesn't pose a space problem because I travel alone. If you have a mattress that covers the entire floor area, you have a problem.

Travel safe, and best wishes from Lorraine
Visit my blog at http://LorraineFrantzEdwards.blogspot.com and read about my travels.
Lorraine E.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Lorraine E. wrote:
Older age has me going pee a couple of times during the night. My hubby wants to build a Teardrop trailer and we can't figure out how to solve this problem. right now, we tent with a pee pail in the tent that I empty in the morning. any suggestions?? Do you design a portapotty in the sleeping space??

Hello Ladies,
I'm one of those "older age" ladies and I bought a "portable toilet" (like brand-new, in a Thrift Shop). I seldom use it but it is so nice to have!! It is at the head of my twin-size-mattress--by one of the doors. I use a chemical so no odor. ~~ It doesn't pose a space problem because I travel alone. If you have a mattress that covers the entire floor area, you have a problem.

Hi Lorraine:

Just finished reading your travel blog...very nice. I just sold myTeardrop last Saturday and I am missing her terribly. I bought a 1973 Serro Scott that I am fixing up but I wish I would have kept my Tear. Oh well -- at least I can stand up in it now.

I hope you enjoy this camping club. So many wonderful people here.

Oh - love your avatar! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lorraine E. » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:47 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
Lorraine E. wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Hi Lorraine:

Just finished reading your travel blog...very nice. I just sold myTeardrop last Saturday and I am missing her terribly. I bought a 1973 Serro Scott that I am fixing up but I wish I would have kept my Tear. Oh well -- at least I can stand up in it now.

I hope you enjoy this camping club. So many wonderful people here.

Oh - love your avatar! :thumbsup:

Sincere thanks for the welcome!!

I'm glad you enjoyed my travels; thanks for visiting my blog!! I'm delighted that you like my picture (avatar). For some frustrating reason, every photo I try to upload is rejected. I'll have to learn how to make them with smaller numbers (know what I mean?). So, instead of my smiling face, you get a Smiling Face.

Why did you sell your Teardrop? Because you wanted to stand up in a trailer?? I have lost count of the number of times I have cracked my head on the top of the door!! Ouch!! So now I have a cute stuffed duck just inside the door as a constant reminder.

I'm glad I found this group. I'm looking forward to reading... and sharing. I'm hoping for another lady, or two, that might like to travel together and see the sights.

Visit my blog at http://LorraineFrantzEdwards.blogspot.com and read about my travels.
Lorraine E.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mollyteardrop » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 pm

I have been reading through this discussion and hmmmm....I am in Colorado and we do what the pioneer women did....find a tree, a rock, or a clump of grass, (no skirts to lift) and just let it flow! Of course that is out in the boonies camping, but hey, it is camping! Am I the only one who enjoys a good breeze? Ladies? :lol:
mollyteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Lorraine E. » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 pm

mollyteardrop wrote:I have been reading through this discussion and hmmmm....I am in Colorado and we do what the pioneer women did....find a tree, a rock, or a clump of grass, (no skirts to lift) and just let it flow! Of course that is out in the boonies camping, but hey, it is camping! Am I the only one who enjoys a good breeze? Ladies? :lol:

Hello Molly,

Thanks for adding your voice to the conversation. Frankly, I have not been far enough out in the boonies.... I enjoy a good breeze but not on a bare bottom!!

Have you visited my blog? http://LorraineFrantzEdwards.blogspot.com I'm trying to answer questions for a brand new Lady TearJerker. Currently, I'm trying to draft a message about how to back the Little Guy. Hard to explain!! Any suggestions, ladies?

Lorraine, in North Carolina
Lorraine E.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Backing up a trailer---put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel, if you want the back of the trailer to go right then move your hand to the right. Same for left. Kinda simple but it works. Use your mirrors. I set my mirror low so I can follow a line with the tires or back corner of the trailer.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Kayperkay » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 am

I luv your tip on backing up! I'm sitting here doing it in my head...and it makes so much sense! Thanks....Kay
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:29 am

Kayperkay wrote:I luv your tip on backing up! I'm sitting here doing it in my head...and it makes so much sense! Thanks....Kay

:thumbsup: Got that here from another Lady Teardropper. Could never explain it in simple terms even though I had done it many times.

“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 am

I definitely am an advocate of any tree/bush/clump of grass will do during the middle of the night. Particularly when you get to be my age and the bath houses are a ways off. Gives you a chance to see the moon and stars you might have missed earlier! Trudy
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

Postby BillandMarijo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 pm

I always make my hubby walk me to the bathhouse. But I like that single shower tents. Bought a new double shower tent but it was a major pain to set up so Im back to hunting the single shower tent you just shake to set up.
Any ideas where I can buy one.
Marijo :thinking:
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:11 pm

BillandMarijo wrote:I always make my hubby walk me to the bathhouse. But I like that single shower tents. Bought a new double shower tent but it was a major pain to set up so Im back to hunting the single shower tent you just shake to set up.
Any ideas where I can buy one.
Marijo :thinking:

Hi Marijo!
I think Cabela's has them and probably REI. They are easy to set up but a little bugger to get back in the bag.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby BillandMarijo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks Becca,
Hope everything is well w/ you and yours.
Thats what I hear about those tents. Oh well I guess getting it up is the important part. I can always cram it in the back of the Exployer and deal with it when I get home. Lol.
Marijo :lol:
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby Barefoot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Just got an email declaring that a winery in Napa Valley has developed a wine for folx of a certain age, like mine, that acts as an anti-diuretic and so, would cut out those "wee" hour trips in the dark. It's calle Pinot More.
Barefoot
Teardrop Master

Too funny!

Postby tearhead » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:45 pm

This thread is hilarious! I especially like how the gents drop into the Lady Teardroppers thread to read and make "helpful" suggestions.

I must be in the minority here. While I don't really enjoy trips to the latrine in the dark, I prefer them to sleeping next to a container of waste, or even to having a dedicated tent for the purpose.

Another thing is that the tent seems to make it more public in an odd way. Wierd that it would bother me to have fellow campers see me enter a special tent, but it would not bother me to have them see me enter a bathroom. Hmm. :thinking:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers